Washington Huskies | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

I don’t really get it about Green. Did he stink it up academically at Kentucky and Hop and the Administration consciously took a big risk with him? Or did he just screw up big time at Washington and academic support was unaware so it was a surprise? I mean he was at Washington mid semester last year without playing so how did this all happen? He had time during the summer to take classes too. The NCAA granted him a transfer waiver to allow him to play a semester early, from the beginning of this season - wouldn’t Academic progress be part of their review for eligibility? Something went very wrong.

Maybe it demonstrates that at UW the kids actually have to do their part in order to get grades/credits that allow them to maintain their eligibility. Sometimes you can lead the student to the classroom, but you can’t make them do any work.

I think they are in the same class and that, to quote Bum Phillips, "It don't take long to call roll". We could have competed better against Carey if we had Stewart.

For sure we would have competed better. Never said that was not the case. Stewart would be a notable upgrade from Sidibe.

But what I did say was that in order to climb into the upper echelon (top 10, top 20, take your pick) in college hoops we would need to correct deficiencies beyond the center position. As supporting evidence, your Honor, I would submit yesterday's SU/Miami game as Exhibit A in support of my claim. Anybody that thinks all we need to do is address the center position and then we're off to the races hasn't been paying close enough attention this season.

For sure we would have competed better. Never said that was not the case. Stewart would be a notable upgrade from Sidibe.

But what I did say was that in order to climb into the upper echelon (top 10, top 20, take your pick) in college hoops we would need to correct deficiencies beyond the center position. As supporting evidence, your Honor, I would submit yesterday's SU/Miami game as Exhibit A in support of my claim. Anybody that thinks all we need to do is address the center position and then we're off to the races hasn't been paying close enough attention this season.

I agree it's not our only problem but the Top 25 and even the Top ten have some flawed teams in it. Most everybody would be better if they only had somebody. Stewart would solve something that's been a problem all season and with Hughes scoring, Joe and Buddy bombing for outside and Marek scoring and passing, (including to the post), we could be a raked team, at least.

LMAO. Good luck

I can tell u have no idea what I'm driving at. This is probably futile but I'll try anyway.

At 500 to 1 there are ample opportunities to hedge a Providence bet to win the NC. They're one of the hottest teams in the country. They're 5-0 in games against their last five ranked opponents. They've beaten SH, Nova (on the road), Butler (on the road), Creighton and Marquette (on the road and at home) to name a few. Consequently they will not be a huge underdog in any one game. In fact they could be favored in their first game and thereafter anywhere from a 2 to 1 to 4 to 1 dog. Therefore, armed with 500 to 1 in the bank, you can comfortably make money line bets on Providence's opponent and you will win either way. If Providence keeps winning then you have to step up and wager more on PC's next opponent but ultimately you win on those bets unless PC wins the NC, which would be a nice problem to have as u collect on your 500 to 1 wager.

This strategy would not work at PC's current odds (100 to 1) but can definitely work at 500 to 1. This can only work when u have an undervalued, solid team at extreme odds. Providence fits that description. There's a price for everything and 500 to 1 for a # 8 or 9 seed (probably worst case) is like I said earlier, a bargain.

Nice try but when Providence was 500/1 they were still on the bubble and still had to beat Marq,Villa, Xav and DePaul to get off the bubble and then 6 more games to win it all. That's why they are only 100/1 now. Conveniently left that part out. Classic looking at things after they played out.

I agree it's not our only problem but the Top 25 and even the Top ten have some flawed teams in it. Most everybody would be better if they only had somebody. Stewart would solve something that's been a problem all season and with Hughes scoring, Joe and Buddy bombing for outside and Marek scoring and passing, (including to the post), we could be a raked team, at least.

We shoot 32.9% from three and we're not even in the top 200 in rebound margin. Every top ten team (or top 20 for that matter) in the country has a better backcourt than SU. They shoot better from three and they're a helluva lot better on defense. And, while I like Dolejaz, he would not be starting on any of those top ten teams. We've lost 14 games for reasons that extend beyond center play.

Nice try but when Providence was 500/1 they were still on the bubble and still had to beat Marq,Villa, Xav and DePaul to get off the bubble and then 6 more games to win it all. That's why they are only 100/1 now. Conveniently left that part out. Classic looking at things after they played out.

An hour ago u were claiming 500 to 1 wasn't a bargain and now you're saying I made it up. lol

On February 24th at 11:29 pm I placed a $25 wager on Providence at 500 to 1. By that time they had already beaten Butler, Creighton, Seton Hall and Marquette (2x). By then they were 9-6 in one of the toughest leagues in the country with two very winnable games left at home against Xavier and DePaul. At that time they were on the bubble but clearly trending in the right direction. That's borne out now by the fact that most bracketeers have them now on the 8/9 line.

Last edited:
An hour ago u were claiming 500 to 1 wasn't a bargain and now you're saying I made it up. lol

On February 24th at 11:29 pm I placed a $25 wager on Providence at 500 to 1. By that time they had already beaten Butler, Creighton, Seton Hall and Marquette (2x). By then they were 9-6 in one of the toughest leagues in the country with two very winnable games left at home against Xavier and DePaul. At that time they were on the bubble but clearly trending in the right direction. That's borne out now by the fact that most bracketeers have them now on the 8/9 line.

Total BS. Providence still had a game at Villanova on 2-29 and games left against Xavier and DePaul. SO THEY WERE STILL ON THE BUBBLE. Quit lying. You conveniently left out the road game at Villanova. Show me the ticket and I'll still tell you it was risky as hell because you still have to win 3 games to get off the bubble.
Secondly, if they lose the first game in the tourney you lose $2.50. That's not my idea of a hedge play. A hedge play is when you bet Syracuse to win the ACC and they make it to the final and bet half the money on the other team. That my friend is a hedge. Just happened to forget about the road game at Nova. Nice try again.
`

Total BS. Providence still had a game at Villanova on 2-29 and games left against Xavier and DePaul. SO THEY WERE STILL ON THE BUBBLE. Quit lying. You conveniently left out the road game at Villanova. Show me the ticket and I'll still tell you it was risky as hell because you still have to win 3 games to get off the bubble.
Secondly, if they lose the first game in the tourney you lose $2.50. That's not my idea of a hedge play. A hedge play is when you bet Syracuse to win the ACC and they make it to the final and bet half the money on the other team. That my friend is a hedge. Just happened to forget about the road game at Nova. Nice try again.
`

I didn't leave out the Villanova game. I figured from the jump that was going to be a loss. But they didn't need that win to get into the tourney. 11-7 in the BE with several marquee wins on the road and at home would have gotten the job done. Let alone potential additional wins in the BET as well. PC was a 4 point favorite over Xavier and a 10 point favorite over DePaul. I wasn't going way out on a limb to assume they could win those games since they had beaten far superior teams in the preceding two weeks. Btw your assumption that PC needed to sweep all three games to get in is very flawed.

Can u explain your $2.50 jibberish? I can tell u have no comprehension of how the hedge would work. In fact your understanding of hedging is rather pathetic.

Last edited:
We shoot 32.9% from three and we're not even in the top 200 in rebound margin. Every top ten team (or top 20 for that matter) in the country has a better backcourt than SU. They shoot better from three and they're a helluva lot better on defense. And, while I like Dolejaz, he would not be starting on any of those top ten teams. We've lost 14 games for reasons that extend beyond center play.

We''d be shooting a lot better from the 3 and be a lot better in rebound margin and Marek could start for a lot of ranked teams. they'd all be better with Stewart in there. We led Duke much of the way and might have won that game with a Sewart-like big man. We'd have beaten Florida State. Those are top ten teams.

Yeah I've had enough of your BS

That's fine, just keep in mind you're the one that jumped me for saying that I thought Providence was a bargain at 500 to 1. Sorry to offend your sensibilities with such an outrageous remark.

We''d be shooting a lot better from the 3 and be a lot better in rebound margin and Marek could start for a lot of ranked teams. they'd all be better with Stewart in there. We led Duke much of the way and might have won that game with a Sewart-like big man. We'd have beaten Florida State. Those are top ten teams.

Nearly every team we faced this year played us man to man. Most were successful at limiting our guards 3 point shooting percentages but somehow we're gonna substantially improve on our awful 32.9% 3FG% with Stewart in the line-up?

Also when u compare us to legit top 10 teams keep in mind we play in one of the weaker power conferences and we only played each of the top 3 teams in the league just once. Yet still managed to lose 14 games. That's a helluva leap to get to the top 10.

We disagree but if u think our guards can hang with the likes of the guards on KU, UK, Baylor, SDST, Dayton, MD, Mich state, Nova, Seton Hall, Creighton, the list goes on and on, then I don't know what to tell u other than that u wildly overestimate their ability and production. And I haven't even mentioned defense where the differences are stark.

I think Carey is a stronger offensive player than Stewart right now.
lol I was thinking is he talking about jalen Carey? He has finally lost his mind. Never mind.

Nearly every team we faced this year played us man to man. Most were successful at limiting our guards 3 point shooting percentages but somehow we're gonna substantially improve on our awful 32.9% 3FG% with Stewart in the line-up?

Also when u compare us to legit top 10 teams keep in mind we play in one of the weaker power conferences and we only played each of the top 3 teams in the league just once. Yet still managed to lose 14 games. That's a helluva leap to get to the top 10.

We disagree but if u think our guards can hang with the likes of the guards on KU, UK, Baylor, SDST, Dayton, MD, Mich state, Nova, Seton Hall, Creighton, the list goes on and on, then I don't know what to tell u other than that u wildly overestimate their ability and production. And I haven't even mentioned defense where the differences are stark.

Stewart draws doubles which equals open 3’s, which equals much higher 3 point %’s.

Stewart draws doubles which equals open 3’s, which equals much higher 3 point %’s.

So would u agree that the improvement would vault us into the top 10? I can see notable improvement but not to that degree. Also, I listed several teams above that I feel have much better guard play (with or without Stewart in the lineup) than SU. Do u think our guards can hang with those guards?

Btw Washington shoots 33.2% from 3 this year which is slightly better than SU at 32.9%.

Washington’s shooters stink. Nobody guards most of them, and they load up on Stewart.

SU, they don’t guard anybody inside and load up on our shooters.

How would u compare our guards to KU, UK, Baylor, SH, Creighton, Nova, Butler, Auburn, MD, Mich State, Oregon, Dayton, BYU, Gonzaga etc.? To me it's not close. I understand that BB and JG are young and they'll get better. But we're talking now and not next year. How about defense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom