Washington Redskins Name Change... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Redskins Name Change...

1593821908059.png

You can’t make this stuff up, even though I just did:

In light of recent events the owners of the Washington Redskins have finally relented and agreed to change their name. From here on in they will be known as the District of Columbia Redskins.

They may have missed the point. I hear they were also considering the Washington Savages.

The Cleveland Indians however have refused to change their name figuring it’s bad enough just having Cleveland in the name.

It would be hilarious if Synder said okay I am naming the team after the district.
Washington Columbians.

I personally would go Washington Space Force.

My issue with this stuff is where does it end? If you dig enough, you can find a reason to hate everyone. A reason to change everyone’s name.

How about my buccaneers? We’re there slaves in the bottom of those boats?

Slaves worked in the Steel factories in Pittsburgh.
Many slaves worked in the California gold rush. 49ers, you are on the clock.
Many on the left think anyone who calls themselves a patriot is a white nationalist. Are they next?
Personally I think this is all silliness, but I’m just proving that if you aren’t careful, you’ll have nothing. Everything in life is tied to an uglier time. Can we just try and learn from it and not repeat certain history?

wow. are you kidding? you're going to play the where does it end card with a team name that is on its face a racial slur? you don't need to go digging around 2nd and 3rd order history facts to figure this one out. dang name is REDSKINS. let me guess. you aren't native american. if so, then maybe it shouldn't be your call with whether to be offended or not.

The name itself is a slur! Like, that's the whole point of the word!! This one should be easy

This one isn't bad at all. Can even keep HTTR

i know the history of the name...but Redtails sounds weak. like turned tails. and it also sounds like the name of a strip club. why not just washington rednecks. they can even have their logo be a confederate flag . everyone wins. normal people can revel in heckling them...and the actually rednecks, who likely wont realize their being made fun of, can have their flag back...

wow. are you kidding? you're going to play the where does it end card with a team name that is on its face a racial slur? you don't need to go digging around 2nd and 3rd order history facts to figure this one out. dang name is REDSKINS. let me guess. you aren't native american. if so, then maybe it shouldn't be your call with whether to be offended or not.
I’m as Indian as Elizabeth Warren.
As I poorly made clear, I get it and don’t care if they change their name. I was only stating that you could probably do it to any team out there.
If birds and wildcats could talk, there would be a lot more teams in trouble.

On our board, I said the Washington Wolves. Then The Danny can also give $1 million each year to wolf habitat preservation as a way to help rehabilitate his image as a total jerk.

{snip}

The Cleveland Indians however have refused to change their name figuring it’s bad enough just having Cleveland in the name.
Supposedly there was an announcement after you posted that they're reconsidering their name as well.

Last edited:
If people knew history they would know Indians comes from the fact that the explorers who found North America thought they were going to India and thus when they landed they called the natives Indians.

I get Redskins being racist that is pretty obvious. Indians isn’t racist. They got rid of the racist mascot.

If Indians goes then Vikings/Cowboys/Celtics/Fighting Irish could be next.

If people knew history they would know Indians comes from the fact that the explorers who found North America thought they were going to India and thus when they landed they called the natives Indians.

I get Redskins being racist that is pretty obvious. Indians isn’t racist. They got rid of the racist mascot.

If Indians goes then Vikings/Cowboys/Celtics/Fighting Irish could be next.
It's doubtful that will happen since Father Corby, later one of ND's presidents, was a chaplain for the Irish Brigade during the Civil War. There is a rock in Gettysburg that he stood on and gave general absolution to the troops of the Brigade as they marched past it to the battle. His statue at ND is known as "First Down Corby".

April-2010-Corby-Statue.jpg

Last edited:
My issue with this stuff is where does it end? If you dig enough, you can find a reason to hate everyone. A reason to change everyone’s name.

How about my buccaneers? We’re there slaves in the bottom of those boats?

Slaves worked in the Steel factories in Pittsburgh.
Many slaves worked in the California gold rush. 49ers, you are on the clock.
Many on the left think anyone who calls themselves a patriot is a white nationalist. Are they next?
Personally I think this is all silliness, but I’m just proving that if you aren’t careful, you’ll have nothing. Everything in life is tied to an uglier time. Can we just try and learn from it and not repeat certain history?

i get what you’re saying but it’s a team called the redskins with a Native American as the logo

Aren’t the liberals getting rid of the name ‘Washington’ too?

Potomac Bravehearts

DC Redskins of Maryland.

The race is what changes first, the team name or the name of the bridge Virginians have to take to get to that awful stadium (Woodrow Wilson Bridge).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom