Washington v #8 Oregon | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v #8 Oregon

Who do you think would win?

ETA: also, do you find prediction threads here distasteful?

I think if it were a series, both teams would win at least one. Like I said, I was having a good laugh at what I perceived as overconfidence at someone being certain we would beat anyone this season, let alone a team with Stewart, if that makes sense.

The thing with these arguments is that no matter what, nothing can be proven on here. I wish I could bump some greatest hits examples of people being sure.

One year, I took the opposite stance and made an open $50 bet to as many people who wanted to take it that we would make it into the tournament when almost everyone said we wouldn't. Only 1 fella took it, and of course he lost(I told him he didn't have to send me the money, and he was grateful). I'm only mentioning that to prevent being labeled anything, the way some of these folks labeled others as "trolls" for not bending the knee at every turn.

To answer your final question, I don't participate in them because it was explained to me they are merely people trying to look clever with what they name the teams, without much regard for accuracy of the scores. So yes, I recently joked I did find their extreme lack of accuracy distasteful. :p

I make few predictions, and like in the example given they are usually way against the odds, but also usually correct. I reckon a take a bit of pride in that, being I can't blow my own horn about my connections or some of the other things folks do on here. What I display here is what I have for you.

tldr version: Amusing that anyone can be so sure of winning anything this season, let alone when playing against Stewart, as well as Hop, who understands this team.

Up 12 at the half. Stewart dominating. The kid that was redshirting before the Green is a legit player.

what a gag job and a complete tournament killer for them. up 16 with ten left, at home with one of the best bigs in country and you lose? As bad as it gets

It’s too bad Buddy, Hughes and Stewart are not on the same team. Would be one of the best offensive teams in the country.

I agree, but I don't know if Buddy would like going to school so far away from home.

The same way that some of us criticize JB for not landing quality bigs, maybe Hopkins should get some heat for not having good shooters on the roster?

That's a fair point. If it lasts for him as long as our problem with bigs, Hop will deserve a good mocking.

If national titles were handed out over message board passion and logic, some of our Bubble teams might have won them. Paper(or silicon) is not the same thing as the hardwood, which is why they play the games. We've lost to other teams we were "better" than this season, and they did not have Stewart.

I get the sour grapes self soothing that is going on on here. Did David Robinson(or any example one prefers. memory isn't my strong suit all of the time) have a lot of stars around him during that post season upset?

cant answer the question?

I think if it were a series, both teams would win at least one. Like I said, I was having a good laugh at what I perceived as overconfidence at someone being certain we would beat anyone this season, let alone a team with Stewart, if that makes sense.

The thing with these arguments is that no matter what, nothing can be proven on here. I wish I could bump some greatest hits examples of people being sure.

One year, I took the opposite stance and made an open $50 bet to as many people who wanted to take it that we would make it into the tournament when almost everyone said we wouldn't. Only 1 fella took it, and of course he lost(I told him he didn't have to send me the money, and he was grateful). I'm only mentioning that to prevent being labeled anything, the way some of these folks labeled others as "trolls" for not bending the knee at every turn.

To answer your final question, I don't participate in them because it was explained to me they are merely people trying to look clever with what they name the teams, without much regard for accuracy of the scores. So yes, I recently joked I did find their extreme lack of accuracy distasteful. :p

I make few predictions, and like in the example given they are usually way against the odds, but also usually correct. I reckon a take a bit of pride in that, being I can't blow my own horn about my connections or some of the other things folks do on here. What I display here is what I have for you.

tldr version: Amusing that anyone can be so sure of winning anything this season, let alone when playing against Stewart, as well as Hop, who understands this team.

again, who on Washington starts for SU besides Stewart?

cant answer the question?

If I didn't answer it how you wanted it, it means I did not find it relevant to your bluster about being certain Cuse would beat UW. It's not a game of chess or trading baseball cards, that is not how basketball or team sports in general work. It's been proven year after year on here that message board bluster does not win national titles, nor even make you a blue blood(remember those days? lol).

And you didn't answer my reply to your question about how many of the Navy starters would have started on our team. There are probably better examples, but I don't tend to put a lot of effort into remembering things as unimportant as the majority of sporting events.

If you want to believe SU would beat UW 100 times out of 100, there is nothing I can write that would change your mind.

what a gag job and a complete tournament killer for them. up 16 with ten left, at home with one of the best bigs in country and you lose? As bad as it gets
You forgot to use the right font

If I didn't answer it how you wanted it, it means I did not find it relevant to your bluster about being certain Cuse would beat UW. It's not a game of chess or trading baseball cards, that is not how basketball or team sports in general work. It's been proven year after year on here that message board bluster does not win national titles, nor even make you a blue blood(remember those days? lol).

And you didn't answer my reply to your question about how many of the Navy starters would have started on our team. There are probably better examples, but I don't tend to put a lot of effort into remembering things as unimportant as the majority of sporting events.

If you want to believe SU would beat UW 100 times out of 100, there is nothing I can write that would change your mind.

1. Some of the "message board bluster" on this very forum was that UW was a FF candidate.

2. Who here said that "SU would beat UW 100 times out of 100"?

again, who on Washington starts for SU besides Stewart?

I already answered in more detail, but for those looking for something short: It's completely irrelevant to the question at hand. I'd be willing to bet cash if I still watched enough college basketball I could find a clear example that would sink that logic quickly.

Last edited:
1. Some of the "message board bluster" on this very forum was that UW was a FF candidate.

2. Who here said that "SU would beat UW 100 times out of 100"?

1)not from me, irrelevant to anything I have said.

2When he replies to that, you'll understand why I wrote it.

1)not from me, irrelevant to anything I have said.

2When he replies to that, you'll understand why I wrote it.

your whole comment about "message board bluster" was irrelevant to anything that's been posted in this thread.

You've posted in this thread that you're "usually right" with your predictions, so why not opine as to who would win (no, not in a series, not 100/100 games) in a single-game matchup on a neutral court between SU and UW?

your whole comment about "message board bluster" was irrelevant to anything that's been posted in this thread.

You've posted in this thread that you're "usually right" with your predictions, so why not opine as to who would win (no, not in a series, not 100/100 games) in a single-game matchup on a neutral court between SU and UW?

How so? How in a season where most people think making it to the tournament is impossible can someone be so confident we beat any decent team, let alone one that has Stewart, Hop, and took the #8 team in the country to OT today?

If you remember within a sentence of mentioning the "usually right", I said it's because I make very few predictions. The ones I make, I've put thought into.

I'm still waiting for the fella who started the whole thing to reply to me, so please wait to reply until he does. I'm not going to indulge you further until that happens. If people want to just keep putting me on the spot with irrelevant nonsense and not reply to anything I ask, I think I prove my point and win be default. ;)

I do. It was dumb. The other team is still ranked number 8 in the country. They were supposed to win. It would have been a great win for UW, but it's not a tourney killer.

well you are wrong. They have little on the resume and don’t get Oregon again. Interesting to see where they have chances lined up. Current record with the talent on the roster equals poor job by Hop. Being up 16 and playing at home and gagging it away when you have the best player on the court reflects poorly on Hop. If this happened to us the whining crew would be out in full force. learning experience for the young coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom