Washington v Gonzaga | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v Gonzaga

Fans aren't turning on Hop. He is well liked and respected by pretty much all hoops fans I talk to regularly. cuseinseattle would probably tell you the same.

I’m only repeating what the husky fan here said.

I’m only repeating what the husky fan here said.
Check. I didn't feel like responding to his post, and just throwing out that it isn't my perception of sentiments here. There's more apathy than one would expect, though, for a team with two NBA lottery picks on it.

Outside of Oregon I wonder how the computer numbers are good for the Pac-12.
Colorado/Arizona haven't been world beaters.
Washington is a tournament.
I don't see another tournament team in that conference. St. Mary's embarrassed Arizona State.
Colorado is 12-2 with one of those loses to Kansas and a win against Dayton. I don't know what a world beater is but their resume doesn't suck

Might as well put the Husky uniform on him now. I would be shocked if he went elsewhere.

they will probably get Banchero but Hop really needs to win this year. Three five stars and one of the best bigs in college hoops should result in a firm NCAA seed and a March run. Right now they are a huge disappointment.

Cuse

they will probably get Banchero but Hop really needs to win this year. Three five stars and one of the best bigs in college hoops should result in a firm NCAA seed and a March run. Right now they are a huge disappointment.

Cuse

Granted the UCLA game was awful, they don't have a bad loss and have a very young group.

I hear around here year after year about our young team will learn the zone and get better as time goes on, why cant washington get better? Even if you dont want to bet on Hop, watching every single Husky game this year, I wouldn't ever bet against Stewart.

Banchero is all but a slam dunk for UW. Only way he doesn’t go there is if the NBA allows kids to jump straight from HS. His parents both went to UW and I heard his family has close ties with the AD.

I agree with cuseinseattle that a lot of the frustrations from the football are spilling over to the basketball program. There is quite a bit of pressure on Hop to perform with two first round draft picks and a five star transfer. Not making the tournament would be a bad look.

Hop’s issue right now is he has no one signed for 2020. They whiffed on Beauchamp who is opting not to go to college and Cottrell and Taitz who both went to Bishop Gorman (assistant coach Dave Rice bro coaches them). There is a good Nevada (particularly Las Vegas) to UW pipeline right now. Hop is choosing a dangerous route to go. He basically missed on a couple guys, and would rather save scholarships for 2021. In state talent is weak this year, but crazy good next year. The hope for 2021 is Banchero and Nowell look like shoe ins. Jackson Grant is already signed, he’s a top 50 kid. Feel like they get either Daishen Nix or Peyton Watson. A few more are in play.

If UW misses the tournament this year and has a down year next, that’s some pressure on Hop. I’m not as worried as most as I think Hop could still get them in the dance next year minus Stewart and McDaniels.

Last edited:
Granted the UCLA game was awful, they don't have a bad loss and have a very young group.

I hear around here year after year about our young team will learn the zone and get better as time goes on, why cant washington get better? Even if you dont want to bet on Hop, watching every single Husky game this year, I wouldn't ever bet against Stewart.

that’s fine but if you miss the tournament with three five stars it would be a huge disappointment. That should never happen and has never happened to Jimmy in his entire career. Hopefully for Hop the zone gets better but right now they have one good win and nothing else.

Cuse!

that’s fine but if you miss the tournament with three five stars it would be a huge disappointment. That should never happen and has never happened to Jimmy in his entire career. Hopefully for Hop the zone gets better but right now they have one good win and nothing else.

Cuse!

One good win and one bad loss, but is it a bad loss? McDaniels played 4 minutes in the second half of ucla and they lost by a buzzer beater, there is zero reason to believe they're not making the tournament or going to lose a lot of games.

They beat Baylor and should've beaten Gonzaga, they'll pick up some good wins in the Pac.

Except that he was. Hop recruited him twice so if he’s not good enough that’s a knock on evaluation.

Cuse!

I don’t think anyone is saying green isn’t a good player and that hop shouldn’t have recruited him, but he clearly didn’t live up to his 5* rating prior to uw, so it’s odd to say that hop is underachieving based on some ranking green didn’t deserve to begin with.

I don’t think anyone is saying green isn’t a good player and that hop shouldn’t have recruited him, but he clearly didn’t live up to his 5* rating prior to uw, so it’s odd to say that hop is underachieving based on some ranking green didn’t deserve to begin with.
Except it would be said if Jimmy was rolling out three five star players. Hop is underachieving so far this year. There is no argument that can be made otherwise. Can they turn it around? Sure, plenty of time. If they do not then it is a major disappointment.

Cuse

Except it would be said if Jimmy was rolling out three five star players. Hop is underachieving so far this year. There is no argument that can be made otherwise. Can they turn it around? Sure, plenty of time. If they do not then it is a major disappointment.

Cuse

youre a bit difficult to have a conversation with because you keep reframing what my comments are.

Might as well put the Husky uniform on him now. I would be shocked if he went elsewhere.
Washington should def land him. Not only is he a Seattle kid but both his parents are UW grads and former UW athletes.

Absolutely ran USC out the gym. Big coming out party for Nate Roberts. Husky board is wanting him to take over for Hamier Wright.

I think he took the job from him tonight.

Cuse!
I don't know about stars, but we missed the tournament in '07-'08 with 3 players that were top 25 in their classes: Greene, Flynn, and Harris. That doesn't count Devendorf who was 22 in his class but was injured that year.

I don't know about stars, but we missed the tournament in '07-'08 with 3 players that were top 25 in their classes: Greene, Flynn, and Harris. That doesn't count Devendorf who was 22 in his class but was injured that year.

good stuff. You are right and I was wrong about it never happening to Jimmy. Forgot the “dynasty” gang.

Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom