Washington v Gonzaga | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Washington v Gonzaga

I watched most of last night's debacle against a bad UCLA team and the game against Houston.

My observations-Stewart is dominant on both ends of the court and a man among boys. He would be a complete game changer for SU or any team in the country. It appears that he still needs to improve his fitness/endurance. Green is decent but definitely not worth his high recruiting rankings coming out of HS. He had some selfish shots in the Houston game and cost UW the game. Wright is not very good and belongs on the bench. Carter has some bounce. The wild card for me is Mcdaniels as I have not seen much of him. I thought he was a top 10 recruit? He was obviously in foul trouble last night but is he living up to his hype?

Bad loss for UW at home.

mcdaniels will be a very good pro and has ability to impact the college game now but had a bad game last night which happens.

Good point on Quade - i do not and have never seen the genius of his game. At UK or now at UW.

I actually like him. He's quick with the ball, shoots it very well. His size in the zone is a big issue though.

Ironic that our current strength - 3 point shooting, low turnovers are Washington’s Achilles heel. Was shocked to see that the SU’s total rebound stats per game are better than the Huskies (34.6) vs SU (35.3).

McDaniels is one of the most immature undisciplined players I've ever seen, the level is so high it almost matches his talent. He had 3 fouls sitting on the bench in the first half and then threw the ball after a whistle at a UCLA player and got a T and his 4th all before the second half. Think he played 4 minutes in the second. That was the game changer, losing a talent like that for 16 minutes in the second half isn't going to win them many games.

There is a kid on my son's team who could match all of that. New transfer this year and he's very talented but so damned lazy and undisciplined. Mental midget who could be so much more. Those kids just kill me.

There is a kid on my son's team who could match all of that. New transfer this year and he's very talented but so damned lazy and undisciplined. Mental midget who could be so much more. Those kids just kill me.

What is crazy is that Stewart is 100% opposite, you see him get a bad call against him or he makes his own bonehead play (which there arent many), he turns, puts his chin in the air and hustles down the other side of the court and has zero effect on him the rest of the game.

I really believe there is a correlation between players who can forget quick and move on and consistancy.

Ironic that our current strength - 3 point shooting, lack of turnovers are Washington’s Achilles heel. Was shocked to see that the SU’s total rebound stats per game are better than the Huskies (34.6) vs SU (35.3).

Total rebounds by team does not always accurately reflect which team is a better rebounding team (Fails to consider the total # of rebounds available which can be impacted by pace, shot type, etc)

Washington has a positive rebound margin of +1 per game, while Syracuse has a negative rebound margin of -1 per game.

If we can maintain that -1 margin through ACC play that would be a positive surprise for this team, I think.

UW is headed for the bubble.

They're probably on it now.

The three point shooting is going to be bad, Quade at the top of the zone made me realize that height really makes a huge difference in the zone.

I'm not going to give a pass for a loss to that UCLA team but when your second best player plays 4 minutes the entire second half it makes it difficult.

The problem I have with Hop right now is that while IS gets a lot of touches, he needs to get the ball 75% of their possessions. He is the most consistent big I've seen in such a long time, reminds me of a senior year Rak.

Washington is going as far as Stewart takes them unless they get consistancy from McDaniels and Green. Those two need to step up and quick.

I would have to agree from the little I've watched of them. Hop has three 5 star players and plays in a mediocre PAC 12, Syracuse fans would burn down the Dome if the team was on the bubble with the talent Hop has recruited?
People keep saying mediocre PAC 12, but I’m hearing they may get as many bids as the ACC. Guess that means acc is mediocre this year as well.

People keep saying mediocre PAC 12, but I’m hearing they may get as many bids as the ACC. Guess that means acc is mediocre this year as well.
It's called a narrative. I wonder how long it will take someone to post the last national champion from the PAC 12. 3...2...1...go

I can see the Pac getting more. Colorado beat Oregon yesterday too. I'm not sure it's as top heavy as predicted.

The UCLA team looked a lot better than their record showed, maybe they just had a great game or Washington had an awful one, or the random white kid went off from 3, I dont know. Basketball is weird this year, the teams that make the least mistakes are going to be the best teams because I dont think talent levels are as divided as they once were.

ACC is down this year but the Pac 12 has been down for a very long time. Has any PAC 12 team won a championship since Arizona in the mid to late 90's? Who outside of Oregon is a sure thing tourney team in the PAC 12? Arizona maybe...

ACC is down this year but the Pac 12 has been down for a very long time. Has any PAC 12 team won a championship since Arizona in the mid to late 90's? Who outside of Oregon is a sure thing tourney team in the PAC 12? Arizona maybe...
Considering it’s early January, not sure. Which is my entire point!

As of now Oregon, Colorado, Arizona, Stanford and Washington.

I just don't see any more ACC teams than 5.

The UCLA team looked a lot better than their record showed, maybe they just had a great game or Washington had an awful one, or the random white kid went off from 3, I dont know.

UCLA lost to Cal State Fullerton the week before. At home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom