Watched the game again last night | Syracusefan.com

Watched the game again last night

K

kingottoiii

I didn't realize it but with about 3:50 to play the score was 64-61. Neither team could get any scores the rest of the game.

Also we were almost screwed twice by the refs. First was the "fake like you got shot despite no contact" foul that was called that prevented a shot clock violation and gave the ball back to Wisconsin. They then got 2 FTs that possession. It was right in front of the ref and i could not find any contact. The 2nd was the ball that was off of Fair on KJo's missed FT. The ref was correct in that Fair touched it and caused the ball to move out of bounds. However it clearly went off the Wiscy players finger tips. I thought so live and it was obvious on the replay. Again right in front of the ref. At that point I thought this would be the third straight year we got an awful call that played a huge role at the end of the game. There was the Butler guy out of bounds pass and the "backcourt violation" vs Marquette. Thankfully it didn't happen this time.

It was huge for our SRs that we pulled this off. Otherwise their careers woulda ended with bad memories. There was Scoops brain fart at the end of the half that gave Wiscy momentum. And then KJo missing the 1 and 1. Glad for them that it turned out alright.

great point on the missed ft .. i thought that as well but was too nerved up to harp on it.

I thought the same thing on the foul shot, I hate when the announcers don't bring that stuff up! You would think that someone in the van would mention it!

I didn't realize it but with about 3:50 to play the score was 64-61. Neither team could get any scores the rest of the game.

Also we were almost screwed twice by the refs. First was the "fake like you got shot despite no contact" foul that was called that prevented a shot clock violation and gave the ball back to Wisconsin.

Oh man... I thought he actually got shot! It's a relief to know he's ok.

I could not believe that out of bounds call. I'm still not convinced the fix wasn't in for Wiscy in that game. They simply would not call fouls on them in the second half until the foul on K Jo at the end. I simply couldn't believe the crap they got away with.

Yea, the out of bounds play could have determined the outcome of the entire game, the replay clearly showed it going off the Wisc player, and regardless, he obviously never had established possession in order to request a TO. And yet the announcers said nothing. Not a word. If it had been called (correctly) in SU's favor (like the WVA and UConn games), the talking heads would be harping on it for weeks.

Yea, the out of bounds play could have determined the outcome of the entire game, the replay clearly showed it going off the Wisc player, and regardless, he obviously never had established possession in order to request a TO. And yet the announcers said nothing. Not a word. If it had been called (correctly) in SU's favor (like the WVA and UConn games), the talking heads would be harping on it for weeks.

Agreed. I still can't believe that call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom