Watching UCOnn, I can see why many | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Watching UCOnn, I can see why many

My question stands: miss the point much? Some people on here disparage UCOnn and particularly Hurley, saying he can’t coach and they would not want him at SU. They are better than SU. They recruit better. They play a better style of offense and defense, and they play hard. SU is soft, slow and lazy. I don’t know that Autry can change that, but I know Hurley would.
You are 100% correct. I hate uconn but they have figured out how to be a championship caliber team that not many have. They win this year and they are a tier one blue blood. Not a fan of Hurley but I would take him in a heartbeat if we didn’t promote Red (I think Red is gonna be great btw).

Hurley has outworked JB these last few years. It has taken a few years for it to bake but its now came together for them. He even won a game head to head while he was building it back in 19.

Go back and compare recruiting classes. The # of top 100 players they signed compared to SU is staggering. All this while their Athletic Department is in debt due to their football program being in limbo between the AAC, canceling a whole season and going independent. All the complaints that started popping up on this board going back to around 19/20 eventually caught up to JB.

That said, its not a forgone conclusion they win it all or make it to Houston but god I hope I dont have to witness a Murder Inc (bama) vs Uconnvict title game.
It didn’t take much to out work JB. Hurley’s had it pretty easy in recruiting. I think Red has attended more high school (non AAU) games in the past two weeks than JB did in the past four years+.

Hurley is a really hard human to root for.

After UConn got that garbage natty with Kemba, I’ve viewed their title count as inflated and I’m not sure I could stomach them getting another one against one of the weakest NCAAT fields we’ve seen in a long time.

It is what it is. They have the bragging rights. And honestly, I don’t really have anything bad to say about their fans. They had little brother syndrome for a while but that’s faded.

their fans are the worst… you must not have gone to many big east tournaments

It didn’t take much to out work JB. Hurley’s had it pretty easy in recruiting. I think Red has attended more high school (non AAU) games in the past two weeks than JB did in the past four years+.
Man….I’m so happy to at least be trying to get back in the game.

Hope it works out. Red seems like the kindve coach anyone would like playing for. Hope he gets it done! Can’t wait for November.

Man….I’m so happy to at least be trying to get back in the game.

Hope it works out. Red seems like the kindve coach anyone would like playing for. Hope he gets it done! Can’t wait for November.
Yea. I don’t see why Red can’t get Cuse where Hurley has gotten UConn. Hurley isn’t some coaching savant. If Jerome Tang can turn K State around in one year after Bruce Weber retired/was fired, Cuse could have a similar turnaround. Not that we will, but it’s possible if we can land a few key players.

Yea. I don’t see why Red can’t get Cuse where Hurley has gotten UConn. Hurley isn’t some coaching savant. If Jerome Tang can turn K State around in one year after Bruce Weber retired/was fired, Cuse could have a similar turnaround. Not that we will, but it’s possible if we can land a few key players.
Hurley is an IDIOT.

He just screams at the refs and yells at his guys to play HARD.

He’s not splitting the atom over there.

Red is a billion times more likable, with better b-ball credentials.(he could actually hoop)

The portal had more to do with K-State this year than Tang. But give him credit for landing the right guys.
I believe that Red will turn things around but not at a top level unless he hits the portal jackpot.

I know you enjoy playing contrarian, but you might have outdone yourself here. No disrespect, but it's pretty weird to post a thread defending a board whipping boy with the emotional maturity of a 10 year-old. Even putting aside his childish antics, Hurley is not on the same planet as Calhoun. In the previous 4 years he made the tournament twice and lost both times in the first round. He is literally winless in the NCAAs until this year. The team is having a good run in year 5 for which it deserves credit. I wish we had gotten Clingan - seems like a nice kid. But none of that changes the fact that Hurley is often embarrassing and Yukon fans are a strange group to adopt.

Last edited:
I’m a Yukon!

The Simpsons Hello GIF

Andre Jackson can't shoot but plays within himself and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He's a great passer and makes excellent decisions as a play making point forward. His athleticism is elite and he is also an elite defender. I think it came down to us and UCONN and I really thought he was ours to lose. I've accepted that UCONN might win another title, and the blow from that realization has been lessened by the fact that I now see a bright new path to our team getting back on track. I'd be very angry and negative if I knew we'd be stuck with the same old and had no clue when we'd see a change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom