Waters Blog Post Outing CTO | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Waters Blog Post Outing CTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned? Give me a break. Days later people are still overreacting. But I do find it funny that you equate "that's what I took out of it" with "that's what it said." Translation: my perception is truth.

In light of that, I'm not surprised that you also adhere to the philosophy "If she didn't say anything wrong then she wouldn't have had to apologize" which is a popular viewpoint in this day and age of public shaming.
Yes!! I think you just guaranteed another 2-4 pages in this thread. I would suggest next you tell two3zone that he has never dated a hot women.

In light of that, I'm not surprised that you also adhere to the philosophy "If she didn't say anything wrong then she wouldn't have had to apologize" which is a popular viewpoint in this day and age of public shaming.

Is it a real apology if you don't mean it then?

She apologized because she was wrong and I'm glad she did because I believe she's sincere.

Unless there is a Newhouse who posts on here or some other poster whose name graces the side of a building, I would venture that CTO has done more for Syracuse University then the rest of the board combined.

To many on these board, SU is simply a hoops, football or lacrosse team.

To others, myself included, it is also an alma mater or current educational institution.

To CTO, it is much more and she demonstrates that over and over again, whether through significant financial donations, donations of her time or simpler endeavors such as creating this message board, organizing board get-togethers or providing posters with the best seats in the house.

Thus, when someone does something to cause harm to her university, it is like going after family.

It is neither forgiven, nor forgotten, so easily.

To many of you, I'm sure she is just a three-letter handle.

Those of you who know her, know exactly how fortunate you are.

If there is ANYONE on this board who deserves a mulligan, it is she.

Well said, Forza Azzurri. To cto, Fab had done damage to our school's reputation. Her posts were ill-advised but it's time to move on. She's earned much more than a pass.
Agree.

I am so over the insensitive remarks she made, but still ready to lynch the rat whenever he pokes his head out again.

Such a Fn loser move.

That was the most embarrassing thing that happened in this non-story.

Deadspin is probably just eager to run anything to distract from the fact that their sports editor won't man up and fight Green Beret/UFC fighter Tim Kennedy for charity after running his mouth.

Deadspin is probably just eager to run anything to distract from the fact that their sports editor won't man up and fight Green Beret/UFC fighter Tim Kennedy for charity after running his mouth.

Tim Kennedy would kill that guy.

You can question the timing of the post or maybe how it is written but that's about it. I wanted to post in support of what CTO wrote at the time and now wish I had. The post only spoke to what was public information and was a reminder that the university, and it's legacy, is larger than any one person. Normally I side with players on most every issue b/c they are at a disadvantage (IMO, obviously) in the relationship with the university ... but in this instance I think the need to fill the Internet news hole claimed another victim.

Ok. To summarize. She posted something she felt, but probably immediately regretted saying in that manner at that time. A bunch of people did not like it. Terrible things were said about a person most of us are extremely fond of. One jerk took it public. We really do not like that person. We like CTO. Over, done, finished. Like I tried to do on Saturday night, can we just end this and move on. This thread is getting redundant. We are just repeating, and going around in circles.

Ok. To summarize. She posted something she felt, but probably immediately regretted saying in that manner at that time. A bunch of people did not like it. Terrible things were said about a person most of us are extremely fond of. One jerk took it public. We really do not like that person. We like CTO. Over, done, finished. Like I tried to do on Saturday night, can we just end this and move on. This thread is getting redundant. We are just repeating, and going around in circles.

I'll say. I'll say.

I thought that CTOs post was fine. She didnt disparage Fab. She simply stated the facts. My only criticism was the timing, not the content.

Ok. To summarize. She posted something she felt, but probably immediately regretted saying in that manner at that time. A bunch of people did not like it. Terrible things were said about a person most of us are extremely fond of.
One jerk took it public. We really do not like that person. We like CTO. Over, done, finished. Like I tried to do on Saturday night, can we just end this and move on. This thread is getting redundant. We are just repeating, and going around in circles.

Technically, it was public the moment she hit Post Reply.

This isn't a gated community or private country club - it's a public internet forum.

While many post here "anonymously", it wouldn't take more than yellow-belt Google-fu skills to uncover who almost any poster is.
And anybody who has spent more than 2 minutes here, could have determined who "CTO" was in real life.

It just blows my mind that someone who found the original post offensive, didn't apply the same moral compass to their own actions.

Their actions speak more clearly to their lack of personal character, than any opinion expressed on a message board.

It just blows my mind that someone who found the original post offensive, didn't apply the same moral compass to their own actions.

Their actions speak more clearly to their lack of personal character, than any opinion expressed on a message board.
This. Times 1000.

Why would anyone go to such extraordinary lengths to intentionally try and hurt someone?

To show it is wrong to treat others badly? Pathetic.

I respect CTO for standing up for what she believed in (even though we may have disagreed with her stance, we must remember that everybody has an opinion). But we always remember that once something is posted and it's out in the public, it's out there forever.

I'm extremely careful with social media now. Back when I was in college, I had received an internship offer from an NFL that I accepted. Another team offered me a position as well, but I had posted something on Twitter before letting this second NFL team know I had taken another offer. When I reached out to that team telling them I declined their offer, the hiring manager replied back saying they saw my Tweet a few days prior and hired another candidate and hoped that my next decision I would handle more professionally. Since then, I ALWAYS watch what I say because I know people are watching.
Very wise at your stage in life and for most

I am old enough to be retired with a pension (okSS disablity for now and my pension soon)

This gives me the freedom to pursue my creative endeavors

I have so many options it's almost overwhelming

And like the last President I have no more Fs to give

So I pretty much say what I like on social media

And if I get "likes" it's nice

And if I get jeers it's ok too

As for Joyce I've been in touch with this board back to the AOL days. So of course I know her.

We aren't friends but we are friendly

That and the fact that she is close enough to the school and JB - either they were classmates or contemporaries - that she had the clout to have the basketball court named for him is proof of her love for Syracuse University.

Most of us here have the same loyalty, just not at a superstar level

So when a superstar says something controversial they must expect a backlash

And either they are right or at fault or something in between

But saying "I'm sorry" should be a lot easier than many people find it to be

It's just a matter of having a strong enough ego that you can admit to being wrong, in whole or part, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom