we’re gonna make the tournament | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we’re gonna make the tournament

Isn't this a hell of a lift from the folks that want to retire Jimmy?
So when criticism is legitimate just shut up.
When credit is earned just shut up?

My god the credit is being earned and given. We aren’t a top 10 team. We are an improving team. The coach is getting credit for it. You make it sound like I want to hammer the guy.
Newsflash the previous 5 years we have a been a bubble team. The fact we are this year isn’t even the problem it’s a freaking plus.

Even with our early season struggles I never was saying we aren’t going to win games. I was pretty fair I knew the ACC was down this year. I thought we would go at worst 7-13 in conference play.

Jim Boeheim is a good coach. 99.9999% of Syracuse fans know this and appreciate him. Let’s wait before we go too far the other way.
All I expect this year is a winning season and anything more is gravy.

Last edited:
We have 12 games left. Not being overly optimistic:

5 winnable games. 4-1 or 3-2.

2 automatic losses so to speak @FSU and @Ville

5 bad teams. Easier than the next 5 so 4-1.

13-7 or 12-8 in ACC play. Both get us in the league is tough look what everyone is doing to UNC and we’ll be top 5/6. No one else has great OOC wins to get in with a 9-11 but equal overall record. They have to put in at least 7 ACC teams they don’t shrink the field from 68 to 67 just cause UNC sucks and won’t get in. Okie St/Pedo/Iowa/Georgetown aren’t that terrible either.

My god the credit is being earned and given. We aren’t a top 10 team. We are an improving team. The coach is getting credit for it. You make it sound like I want to hammer the guy.
Newsflash the previous 5 years we have a been a bubble team. The fact we are this year isn’t even the problem it’s a freaking plus.

Even with our early season struggles I never was saying we aren’t going to win games. I was pretty fair I knew the ACC was done this year. I thought we would go at worst 7-13 in conference play.

Jim Boeheim is a good coach. 99.9999% of Syracuse fans know this and appreciate him. Let’s wait before we go too far the other way.
Whoa...slow down big guy. I am not trying to shade you. I was only saying a few weeks ago every body wanted to get rid of JB. Absolutely no reflection on you. Only commenting that we have gone a long way in just a few weeks and many folks where trying to blame JB. Go Orange!!!!

13-7 or 12-8 in ACC play. Both get us in the league is tough look what everyone is doing to UNC and we’ll be top 5/6. No one else has great OOC wins to get in with a 9-11 but equal overall record. They have to put in at least 7 ACC teams they don’t shrink the field from 68 to 67 just cause UNC sucks and won’t get in. Okie St/Pedo/Iowa/Georgetown aren’t that terrible either.
Don't think 12-8 will get us in unless we won a few games in the ACC tourney. Think at most we can lose 4 more regular season games. That would probably have us as a bubble team going in.

Don't think 12-8 will get us in unless we won a few games in the ACC tourney. Think at most we can lose 4 more regular season games. That would probably have us as a bubble team going in.

Would be unprecedented that a .600 winning percentage in the ACC doesn’t get you in.

I think 12-8 is good enough. Not going to be easy by any stretch.

I can go along with your predictions but I honestly think this team can do some damage on either FSU or Louisville or both. If this team is on and hitting threes then no one is safe. In my gut, I see one of these two going down.

I’m not even worrying about the NCAAs right now. I’m just loving watching this team play the past few weeks.

The games have been entertaining, the offense is learning how to identify which individual match-ups to exploit, the defense is getting a little better, Buddy has added driving to his game, MD has shown several great inside moves, JG3 won’t be intimidated by anyone or any situation and Hughes can dominate a game by himself at any time with his beautiful jump shot.

A season that had many real hard to watch games that had even die hard fans questioning the program’s future is currently really fun to watch and I’m just happy with that right now.

Would be unprecedented that a .600 winning percentage in the ACC doesn’t get you in.

I think 12-8 is good enough. Not going to be easy by any stretch.

Not unprecedented for that to happen.

Virginia went 11-7 in the ACC (.611) in 2013 and missed the tournament.
Even won at Wisconsin who was a tourney team, although not much else.
And they only loss 3 games in OOC.

But what hurt them was they had 2 bad losses in OOC play, including a historically bad loss for a bubble team -- a loss to Old Dominion at home who ended up at 5-25 (Quaf 4 Loss).

IIRC, they may have been the last team out.

What helps us, is that despite the extra losses, we don;t have a terrible OOC loss.

That all being said 12-8 is walking that unknown line as of now. Depends on the mix if we only get 12. Not saying it won't work, but not giving it a high confidence level either.

Conference road wins will likely need to overshadow our lack of OOC highlights.

I think we need to get to 7-3 at least on the road. 8-2 would be huge. That's a pile of road wins. Committee would respect that, I think.

Not unprecedented for that to happen.

Virginia went 11-7 in the ACC (.611) in 2013 and missed the tournament.
Even won at Wisconsin who was a tourney team, although not much else.
And they only loss 3 games in OOC.

But what hurt them was they had 2 bad losses in OOC play, including a historically bad loss for a bubble team -- a loss to Old Dominion at home who ended up at 5-25 (Quaf 4 Loss).

IIRC, they may have been the last team out.

What helps us, is that despite the extra losses, we don;t have a terrible OOC loss.

That all being said 12-8 is walking that unknown line as of now. Depends on the mix if we only get 12. Not saying it won't work, but not giving it a high confidence level either.
Agree on what you are saying but Syracuse is building or picking up momentum. We started off very poorly...see our early record. But we are picking up steam, playing better and just knocked off three teams that beat us over the last month. Momentum has to give us a plus!

It’s a guarantee su goes 12-8 and is in various last 4 in, first 4 our projections. Get ready for it!

We have, what, maybe 1 win over a tourney team? Going to need to get a lot more work done to make it to the tourney.

Could run the table against everyone but if we get swept by the Big 3 we are going to be sweating Selection Sunday.

Could run the table against everyone but if we get swept by the Big 3 we are going to be sweating Selection Sunday.

The big 3 aren't that much better than us. No reason why we can't be any of them. I think match up wise FSU is the worst matchup for us, but I'm not seeing anything I'm scared of when I watch them play.

And if we lose those 3 games we would be 14-6 and 21-10 overall. We would definitely be in as we would have beat NC State and Clemson and I think both would be quad one wins.

Still think we are more likely to end 15-17 then 19-14. The last few games have been an enjoyable ride. Hopefully we keep the momentum going.

Even with our early season struggles I never was saying we aren’t going to win games. I was pretty fair I knew the ACC was down this year. I thought we would go at worst 7-13 in conference play.

Issue was never his coaching, it is the really poor recruiting by SU standards.

I really think we need 20 wins unless we go 2-1 vs Duke/Ville/FSU, then 19 would do.

Best OOC wins: Colgate, North Florida
Bad losses: None
Road games: 4-1

If we avoid all bad losses would it make up for the lack of OOC signature wins. But 4 road wins already is more than most bubble teams will have all year. Certainly an interesting resume

Still think we are more likely to end 15-17 then 19-14. The last few games have been an enjoyable ride. Hopefully we keep the momentum going.
If you think only 3 more wins is more likely then 7 wins idk what to telL YOU

Looking forward to a blood fued vs Pitt

THIS

If you think only 3 more wins is more likely then 7 wins idk what to telL YOU

We have a ton of toss up games. It isn’t realistic to expect to win most of them. I expect to lose to Duke, Louisville, FSU. The other 10 games we will mostly likely get 4-6 wins. Since SU always has a February slide, I do think 3-7 is more likely than 7-3. That being said I think we end up 17-15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom