We better not take MTSU lightly | Syracusefan.com

We better not take MTSU lightly

are u kidding me? the idea of taking them lightly is a construct so far in the abstract that until you mentioned it, it never crossed my mind.

they're more likely to take us lightly than we are them

I wanted revenge for 2000.

tumblr_medtqnYqin1r7fgjoo1_500.jpg

A 3, 10, 11, and a 15. This corner of the bracket really blew up.

JB has unfinished business against 15 seeds. No taking them lightly.

lol

It really did blow up though. Oddly, this is shaping up to be my best bracket by far!

They're really not that good. They've got some bad losses and went 13-5 in a one bid garbage conference. Ball dropped their way today and I'm not saying they didn't earn the win, and not saying we should take them lightly, but we shouldn't have a problem putting them away.

They're really not that good. They've got some bad losses and went 13-5 in a one bid garbage conference. Ball dropped their way today and I'm not saying they didn't earn the win, and not saying we should take them lightly, but we shouldn't have a problem putting them away.

teams morph throughout the year . essentially they are different teams at different points in the season. this team right now is HOT.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Agree with two3zone here, MSU was garbage on D. MTSU is the 200th ranked offensive team in the country and they put up 90. It was the game of their lives. Don't take them lightly, but we should win by 10 plus Sunday if we play our game.

Agree with two3zone here, MSU was garbage on D. MTSU is the 200th ranked offensive team in the country and they put up 90. It was the game of their lives. Don't take them lightly, but we should win by 10 plus Sunday if we play our game.

they are great off the dribble and really do a good job spacing, which augments their dribble drive ability.

I think that our zone will give them trouble though as they've likely never seen anything like it and have minimal prep time.
i dont think the talent gap is that great, but our advantage is in our system.

they are great off the dribble and really do a good job spacing, which augments their dribble drive ability.

I think that our zone will give them trouble though as they've likely never seen anything like it and have minimal prep time.
i dont think the talent gap is that great, but our advantage is in our system.

We have two future first round picks on our roster. They have two future insurance executives on theirs.

lets hope they shot their load and are clueless against the zone
Yale looked like a number 1 seed Thursday. We looked like one today. We aren't. We hit on all cylinders today. Kinda.

Taking them lightly? Every team was 0-0 in round 1. If you advanced you're 0-0 going into round 2. It doesn't matter who you beat, it doesn't matter how you beat them -- it just matters that you advance. Our guys aren't dumb, they know that MTSU is our most important opponent for the year and I assume they will prepare as such.

In the post game interviews -- Roberson and JB both mentioned MSU directly, completely ignoring MTSU. I hope MTSU doesn't get that tape

Cinderella teams scare me. That is all.
Side issue. I once did a fast study that showed how many of the teams that beat Syracuse in the NCAA, how many ended up winning the title? How many ended up in FF? In the late 70s thru the 90s the numbers were quite high.

More ridiculousness from 2-3 Zone. That is, if you can wade through all the bet-hedging in it. ("I'm not saying we should take the lightly but we shouldn't have a problem" Which is it?)

And Bad Losses? Let's see. Who else has some bad losses on their resume and was the 62nd or 63rd team put into the Tourney?

I just watched them soundly beat MSU. And MSU is a very good team.

MTSU is tough. They are athletic. They can shoot. They are unlike any one we play during the regular season.

I believe what I see before my eyes.

I can easily see them beating SU. Especially because I never know which SU is going to show up for any given game. If we have a first half like we just did against Dayton, this will be a laugher. But we won't be the ones laughing.

Last edited:
More ridiculousness from 2-3 Zone.

I just watched them soundly beat MSU. And MSU is a very good team.

They are tough. They are athletic. They can shoot. They are unlike any one we play during the regular season.

I believe what I see before my eyes.

I can easily see them beating SU. Especially because I never know which SU is going to show up for any given game.

I saw St Johns beat us, what does that mean?

MTSU hasn't come close to beating a top 100 team until today. College basketball is crazy but a team like this does not beat Mich St one day then Syracuse 2 later. One win doesn't change everything, as St Johns.

teams morph throughout the year . essentially they are different teams at different points in the season. this team right now is HOT.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Those 3 points wins against Old Dominion and FIU along with losing every game to teams that are even somewhat capable outside of the outlier that was the MSU game. I'll base my opinions based on the whole body of work and match them up with us and it easily favors us.

A 3, 10, 11, and a 15. This corner of the bracket really blew up.

JB has unfinished business against 15 seeds. No taking them lightly.

lol, how bad would that be to be both the first to lose to one in the first round, and then the first to lose to one twice overall?

I saw St Johns beat us, what does that mean?

MTSU hasn't come close to beating a top 100 team until today. College basketball is crazy but a team like this does not beat Mich St one day then Syracuse 2 later. One win doesn't change everything, as St Johns.

You said MTSU had some "bad loses". Then you mentioned the SU v. SJU game. Notice any inconsistencies in your logic there?

If SU doesn't play well, MTSU will hand us our asses.

And we don't play "well" all that often.

There's more parity in college basketball than there has ever been . Look at the performance of the lower seeds in this Tourney. Tell you anything?

Cinderella teams scare me. That is all.
Come Sunday, Cinderella will find herself in a game with an entirely different dynamic. I wish her well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom