We don't pass the ball | Syracusefan.com

We don't pass the ball

I think Symir may need to start. Need stability in our starting 5 and neither Joe nor Judah has shown that. It's selfish chaos.
I’ve watched Joe handle the ball for 3 years and be incredibly selfish the entire time while he probably holds the worst record as a starter in the JB era, I’m ok with giving Judah the keys and see what he can do.

Even in the orange and blue game Joe was asking for the ball every second he didn’t have it. This teams in trouble.

I know it won't be popular but Joe needs to get his head out of his arse. He has to be a leader. He is out there waiting for a pass instead of helping the youngster out and working with him. It's year 4 JG. No excuses.

angry liga endesa GIF by ACB

I think Symir may need to start. Need stability in our starting 5 and neither Joe nor Judah has shown that. It's selfish chaos.

You have to be careful about Judah's pride, but yes, Symir should at least be splitting time with him, 50/50, until Judah either learns how to pass the ball, or Symir shows that he can keep hitting open shots.

I think Bell is going to be sitting more for Brown in the near future. I also think Taylor is going to find his way into the rotation. Maybe even at the 2.

I’ve watched Joe handle the ball for 3 years and be incredibly selfish the entire time while he probably holds the worst record as a starter in the JB era, I’m ok with giving Judah the keys and see what he can do.

Well, Judah's going to have to start passing the ball, or this is going to go all Louie McCrosky / DeShaun Williams at the point.

JB very quickly is going to start Symir at PG.
Mintz off the bench.
Brown is going to get minutes and if Benny's shot does not markedly improve quickly, a lot of minutes.
Bell is going to get a lot less minutes.
Did Jesse ever visit the weight room? Got out muscled by D2 kids.

JB very quickly is going to start Symir at PG.
Mintz off the bench.
Brown is going to get minutes and if Benny's shot does not markedly improve quickly, a lot of minutes.
Bell is going to get a lot less minutes.
When does JB make a drastic move like that? And he clearly guaranteed Mintz the starting position during his recruitment…

This is part of the reason that Jesse is going to be limited in his minutes this year and our backups need to be ready to play every game.

Yes, he averaged something like 26 or 28 minutes a game last year, but I just don't see him playing 35 a game against more physical centers and not having too many calls go against him.

Jesse's not strong enough to avoid getting called for fouls on incidental contact. If he was more effective bodying up on defense, he wouldn't have to reach so much. Reaching gets you called for fouls.

Should/will either start over Mintz?
Or move JG to the bench?

No, because we will need Judah's offense and his hoped-for ability to make Benny a better player to be most successful this year.

That's no guarantee that Judah's going to really get it this year, but Symir and Copeland can take some of his time by playing well, and playing "the right way".

W
Other than Copeland nobody on the team seems willing to share the ball. Judah's refusal to pass gets Joe antsy and forcing shots. Tough mindset to change for JB.
copeland looked awful today

This is part of the reason that Jesse is going to be limited in his minutes this year and our backups need to be ready to play every game.

Yes, he averaged something like 26 or 28 minutes a game last year, but I just don't see him playing 35 a game against more physical centers and not having too many calls go against him.

Jesse's not strong enough to avoid getting called for fouls on incidental contact. If he was more effective bodying up on defense, he wouldn't have to reach so much. Reaching gets you called for fouls.
that refereeing was atrocious...i think

for me it seemed like they called phantom fouls all game long...the slightest hint of a foul drew a whistle...

or was it me????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom