We get more fans for a road game... | Syracusefan.com

We get more fans for a road game...

I'm trying to come up with another team that travels so well as SU BBall and I'm having a hard time coming up with one. We've taken over GTown, , the RAC, St Johns (understandably), NCSU last year, Miami, big crowds in Hawaii, even the ship in San Diego, which should have been a home game for SDSU. Many others, as well.

UNC maybe? Indiana? Kansas?

How many of the SU fans at that game in Miami do you think traveled from CNY to see that game?

Versus SU fans, alums, and ex-residents of CNY who now live in South Florida and the few people in these categories that happen to be there in vacation?

C'mon guys.

How many of the SU fans at that game in Miami do you think traveled from CNY to see that game?

Versus SU fans, alums, and ex-residents of CNY who now live in South Florida and the few people in these categories that happen to be there in vacation?

C'mon guys.

What does that have to do with our ability to take over opposing gyms?

I'm inclined to agree--CNY fans who are currently living in Florida, and a lot of people who flew down for a nice reprieve from winter weather. Doesn't change the fact that our hoops fans travel impressively from wherever to represent impressively when we play at road venues.

texascpa said:
I'm trying to come up with another team that travels so well as SU BBall and I'm having a hard time coming up with one. We've taken over GTown, , the RAC, St Johns (understandably), NCSU last year, Miami, big crowds in Hawaii, even the ship in San Diego, which should have been a home game for SDSU. Many others, as well. UNC maybe? Indiana? Kansas?

Kentucky, Kansas and Louisville travel massively. Bigger than SU. Anyone who's been to one of our Final Four appearances will agree.

What does that have to do with our ability to take over opposing gyms?

I'm inclined to agree--CNY fans who are currently living in Florida, and a lot of people who flew down for a nice reprieve from winter weather. Doesn't change the fact that our hoops fans travel impressively from wherever to represent impressively when we play at road venues.

Read the initial post:

"1200 miles away than UConn and Gtown get for a lot of their home games."

The poster is crowing about attendance SO FAR AWAY from the SU campus.

Since the great majority of those at the game were already there for other reasons, the distance from SU is meaningless. It could be 10,000 miles.

Read the initial post:

Since the great majority of those at the game were already there for other reasons, the distance from SU is meaningless. It could be 10,000 miles.
crowing is your term. The post pointed out that we get more fans away than some teams do at home. Why couldn't you just let it go at that?

Kentucky, Kansas and Louisville travel massively. Bigger than SU. Anyone who's been to one of our Final Four appearances will agree.

Except very few SU fans at that game in Miami traveled more than 50 miles.

The Final 4, the NCAA tournament and the Conference championships are different except when its SU playing at the Garden in NYC.

Last edited:
Except very few SU fans at that game in Miami traveled more than 50 miles.

The Final 4, the NCAA tournament and the Conference championships are difference except when its SU playing at the Garden in NYC.
Syracuse also draws from a smaller base than many of the teams that are cited as great traveling fans.

crowing is your term. The post pointed out that we get more fans away than some teams do at home. Why couldn't you just let it go at that?

Sure. Just delete "traveling" from the claim. Because no one is traveling anywhere. (Or almost no one)

A more accurate claim is that there are lots of SU fans located between Boston and Wash, DC and in a few spots on the South.

Sure. Just delete "traveling" from the claim. Because no one is traveling anywhere. (Or almost no one)

A more accurate claim is that there are lots of SU fans located between Boston and Wash, DC and in a few spots on the South.
I have no idea how many people traveled to the game from ??? Just that they were there. You probably don't either.

I have no idea how many people traveled to the game from ??? Just that they were there. You probably don't either.

Well, I can't prove it.

But try and be logical. South Florida. January. The diaspora of Central New Yorkers.

ibquote="Scooch, post: 907014, member: 628"]Kentucky, Kansas and Louisville travel massively. Bigger than SU. Anyone who's been to one of our Final Four appearances will agree.[/quote]
I think there is a difference b/t Ff and regular season games for expected travel.

Read the initial post:

I think you are reading into the OP, Townie. Hence, why I responded to your post the way I did.

I used the word travel. I suppose you're right, we technically didn't travel outside of 50 miles. I was using the term generically to describe our fan base's ability to take over an opponent's arena.

I used to live in Miami and attended some games there - the transplanted NYers are in full force (mainly us downstaters). And therefore you are going to get a nice alumni and fan base down there.

Townie72 said:
Except very few SU fans at that game in Miami traveled more than 50 miles. The Final 4, the NCAA tournament and the Conference championships are different except when its SU playing at the Garden in NYC.

Jesus, you just LOVE to be contradictory. Please explain the problem you have with my post?

You know what, actually, don't.

Capt. Tuttle said:
ibquote="Scooch, post: 907014, member: 628"]Kentucky, Kansas and Louisville travel massively. Bigger than SU. Anyone who's been to one of our Final Four appearances will agree.
I think there is a difference b/t Ff and regular season games for expected travel.[/QUOTE]

Those schools bring more fans to regular season games too.

Townie72 said:
How many of the SU fans at that game in Miami do you think traveled from CNY to see that game? Versus SU fans, alums, and ex-residents of CNY who now live in South Florida and the few people in these categories that happen to be there in vacation? C'mon guys.

Why does it matter, other schools don't have lots of fans who live outside their schools 50 mile buffer? SU fans come out in droves. Be happy about that.

Last year at the F4 Louisville had the most fans but it is also a 6 hour drive. Cuse was very well represented and it looked like they were a close 3rd to Michigan in number of fans. The three schools all represented like big-time programs.

Michigan bandwagoners however poured into Atlanta for the championship. I happily sold my Championship Ticket most likely to a UM bandwagoner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom