We just need to get in the EAST | Syracusefan.com

We just need to get in the EAST

Rocco

Watching you.
Who gives a damn what seed we are as long as we can play at MSG. We still have 26 wins, some of you need to chill.

Other than for people who already bought tickets there, what magical elixir is MSG going to provide the team?

Other than for people who already bought tickets there, what magical elixir is MSG going to provide the team?

MSG is a friend of Syracuse Basketball, that's why.

The reality is that unless we win the acc tourney we can't get in the east.

Some people need to learn how brackets work.

Explain.

We can't beat BC or GT in the Carrier Dome. We also have to win two games against BETTER TEAMS (see above) just to get to a regional.

The reality is that unless we win the acc tourney we can't get in the east.

Some people need to learn how brackets work.
yes please teach us great one

The idea of the East is nice but after the BC and Georgia Tech games I'm not so sure that playing in a more 'friendly' environment is really going to help. The team has actually done a really good job playing on the road and 'neutral court' games.

MSG would be great but not a must. Orange Nation travels well and chants of LGO will be heard in whatever venue we get sent to. It seems we get more support from our fans at away/neutral court games then at home.

Don't they try to protect the top 3-4 seeds to keep them in the proper region as much as possible? I think the first weekend is more of a crapshoot as they're placing 64 teams. The last time we were out of the East was 2009 (2010 Syracuse hosted, so couldn't be there.) 2009 was the year of the 6ot game to reach the conference tourney final, which was a big run to make up for finishing 6th in the big east, so the #3 seed came as a stretch. 2011, 2012 and 2013 we were in the east, as #3, #1, and #4 -- even now I think we're in better shape than 2011 and 2013 heading in. Maybe I'm crazy, but do we have a better shot as East - MSG than Buffalo for the first 2 rounds?

MSG would be great but not a must. Orange Nation travels well and chants of LGO will be heard in whatever venue we get sent to. It seems we get more support from our fans at away/neutral court games then at home.
That's because the Dome is ginormous and the fans are far away

Duke or UVA seems like a lock for MSG at this point. Unless we win out, MSG is gone. I suppose one goes to Memphis first.

BludOrange said:

More than the Dome? I think this year has proven that they don't respond to chants and support and where they play. Where we play is irrelevant, I'd rather play out west against teams that are better matchups.

I live in CNY and don't have tickets. Continue...

Well in light of that your perceived infatuation with MSG sounds even more irrational. Having tickets would have made more sense.

The Garden is useless now the way the team is playing. We should be concentrating on getting Jerami healthy and winning a game or two before the big tournament. Either of those two, especially Jerami, would be more helpful than MSG.

Explain.

Teams between seeds 1-4 from the same conference must be in a different region.

Duke, Virignia, and Syracuse would all be East teams first. Whomever is ranked higher amongst the three by the committee will get the East region.

** Alsacs did raise one outlier scenario... If Villanova gets the 2 seed, and Duke/Virginia are placed in other regions as 2 seeds its open up a spot for Syracuse on the 3 line.

Don't they try to protect the top 3-4 seeds to keep them in the proper region as much as possible? I think the first weekend is more of a crapshoot as they're placing 64 teams. The last time we were out of the East was 2009 (2010 Syracuse hosted, so couldn't be there.) 2009 was the year of the 6ot game to reach the conference tourney final, which was a big run to make up for finishing 6th in the big east, so the #3 seed came as a stretch. 2011, 2012 and 2013 we were in the east, as #3, #1, and #4 -- even now I think we're in better shape than 2011 and 2013 heading in. Maybe I'm crazy, but do we have a better shot as East - MSG than Buffalo for the first 2 rounds?

It's easier to get Buffalo.

The 8 Pod Sites (like Buffalo) have no association with regions like MSG - they simply try to place teams closest to the location, but work the way down from #1 seeds to 4 seeds. Typically a top 3 seed will get their desired location... or have to move a bit. 4 seeds usually take the leftovers... which recently have been out west. That is why Syracuse went out west last year.

MSG is more complicated because only one top 4 seed from each conference is allowed in a region. (unless a conference has 5 of the top 16 teams, then it cannot be avoided)

Syracuse has been in the East for a while due to the following:
2010, 2012 - One Seed
2009, 2011 - We were not one of the top 3 teams from the Big East (rule was slightly different at that time - it was top 3 (for all seed lines) instead of top 4 (but only top 4 seed lines). Remember in 2009 the Big East had 3 #1 seeds... so they had the liberty to put Syracuse in the East. Similar concept in 2011.

These "some people need to chill" posts are hysterical. The only people who need to chill are the ones who keep telling everyone to chill. Noone on here, at least imo, is crazy out of line. People are critiquing a team that deserves to be critiqued. People are critiquing a coach who deserves to be critiqued. We are playing awful basketball right now, and playing like this, will be going home before the Sweet 16. People can have opinions and not need to "chill".

Buffalo/MSG was a lock 2 weeks ago. For this program to play at MSG with a chance to go to the Final 4 would probably be one of the coolest experiences in a long time and would bring alot of exposure to Syracuse and there presence as New Yorks College Team. Now, were just pi$$ing it away because noone can shoot, noone can coach, and noone can play defense. Injuries hurt and we need to get healthy but injuries dont excuse losing to BC and Tech at home while getting the doors blown off you by UVA.

It's official, the wheels have come off the wagon. I can't even remember when a team of this caliber has drop so quickly so fast.

JB rant at the beginning of the season about how good these team was going to be turned out to be right.

If Cooney continues to go 2 for 8 from 3-point maybe it's time to let BJ or Paterson have a go at the 3-spot.

It's official, the wheels have come off the wagon. I can't even remember when a team of this caliber has drop so quickly so fast.

JB rant at the beginning of the season about how good these team was going to be turned out to be right.

If Cooney continues to go 2 for 8 from 3-point maybe it's time to let BJ or Paterson have a go at the 3-spot.
2 for 8 would be one of the better games. Usually is way worse than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom