We need to get the fifth seed of ACC tournament. | Syracusefan.com

We need to get the fifth seed of ACC tournament.

blust2i3d4

Starter
We need to win out. The 12-8 conference record can get us the 5th seed if Duke beats NC State on their second meeting. This will give us a chance to win two games in ACC tournament because Virginia should be the fourth seed. We have no chance to beat the top three (Duke, Louisville and Florida State). Hope 22 wins will be enough to qualify for NCAA tournament.

If Duke loses to NC State again, hope NC State randomly loses to an inferior team. They did this a lot.

We need to win out. The 12-8 conference record can get us the 5th seed if Duke beats NC State on their second meeting. This will give us a chance to win two games in ACC tournament because Virginia should be the fourth seed. We have no chance to beat the top three (Duke, Louisville and Florida State). Hope 22 wins will be enough to qualify for NCAA tournament.

If Duke loses to NC State again, hope NC State randomly loses to an inferior team. They did this a lot.

It will be an empty 22 wins. That is a good NIT seed. We need the finals or winning the acct to get a bid.

It will be an empty 22 wins. That is a good NIT seed. We need the finals or winning the acct to get a bid.

Maybe 21/22 wins is enough if most bubble teams did worse. This gives us a chance considering how many close games with unlucky results. Also we need Virginia win the remaining games until we meet again. Then Virginia will give us two Quad 1 wins.

Last edited:
We don't know what is going to happen around the country. The bubble might be strong or very weak.

I don't disagree with you but from purely a net/committee perspective we failed to do anything in the non conference games and also failed to get a signature ACC win. Our best argument would end up being our road prowess as if we win out it adds 3 more wins on the road in the ACC. None of those wins sans UVA are likely to sway things in our favor specifically but maybe the volume could? I just don't see it without a signature win.

It seems winning out and getting 2 ACC Tourney wins is still a big uphill battle.
And even if accomplished that's probably only enough to get the Orange on the bubble.
But...it gives us hope.

I don't disagree with you but from purely a net/committee perspective we failed to do anything in the non conference games and also failed to get a signature ACC win. Our best argument would end up being our road prowess as if we win out it adds 3 more wins on the road in the ACC. None of those wins sans UVA are likely to sway things in our favor specifically but maybe the volume could? I just don't see it without a signature win.
I don't disagree at all. Truth be told, I just want win number 17

Actually I do not "like" this but I totally agree. Good post.

We aren’t making the NCAAT unless we win the ACCT.
We don’t have wins over NCAAT teams this year outside of UVA.

It’s just a fact this year.

We have no chance to beat Duke or FSU?

We gave both of those teams all they could handle.

Right now, Llvll is the only league team we probably can’t beat.

Can't have another regular season loss. If we have 3 weeks where everyone else picks up L's and we win the opener of the ACCT that could be enough. But in that case we'd be on the bubble playing a QF game to be IN in. I'd sort of rather play FSU/Duke/Ville in that situation as a win vs UVA might not make us a 'lock.'

We aren’t making the NCAAT unless we win the ACCT.
We don’t have wins over NCAAT teams this year outside of UVA.

It’s just a fact this year.

No. If we don't lose again until the ACCT semis and probably quarters we will get in. 21-13 SU is in. 20-13 probably. 22-13 means ACCT Finals and we'd have been in since the semis.

1 loss we have to make the finals. 2 losses we have to in the entire thing.

No. If we don't lose again until the ACCT semis and probably quarters we will get in. 21-13 SU is in. 20-13 probably. 22-13 means ACCT Finals and we'd have been in since the semis.

1 loss we have to make the finals. 2 losses we have to in the entire thing.
We don’t have resume wins outside of At Virginia.

We aren’t making the tournament beating non-tournament teams.

We need to win the ACCT.

4-0 to finish the regular season and 3-1 in the ACCT get us on the bubble, my guess is that still isn't good enough but all those road wins just might get us a bid.

This is a really smart take. I’m not sure we can get there, but if we can, we can maximize wins.

To make the NCAAT you need to beat NCAAT teams.
C’mon people even if we win out we will have zero wins against the top 3 ACC teams, lost all of our P5/BE nonconference games.
We aren’t getting an at-large this year.

We have to win the ACCT to make the NCAAT this year.

To make the NCAAT you need to beat NCAAT teams.
C’mon people even if we win out we will have zero wins against the top 3 ACC teams, lost all of our P5/BE nonconference games.
We aren’t getting an at-large this year.

We have to win the ACCT to make the NCAAT this year.
But, if we make the ACCT finals, we would likely have a win over one of the top 3 teams., so there's that.

But, if we make the ACCT finals, we would likely have a win over one of the top 3 teams., so there's that.
I don’t see it as enough.
We don’t have anything from the nonconference.
We played 4 P5/BE nonconference games beat none of them.
We lost are only 3 games against the top 3 ACC teams in the regular season.

Just beating Virginia x2 and one of FSU/UL/Duke on a neutral court is not enough if people look at the bubble.

This is just not a fact at all
If you analyze our resume and not be a homer it is.
Our resume is not close to the NCAAT this year.
It’s fine.

We have nothing from the nonconference. We have one good resume win this entire season. At Virginia.

Beating medicore non-NCAAT on the road isn’t an NCAAT resume.

Georgetown isn’t an NCAAT right now look at their resume vs. ours.
It’s a lot better and than aren’t in the field right now.

Beating Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Boston College, Miami don’t help a NCAA tournament resume they just keep bad losses off your ledger. They are wins you have to have not wins to pin a resume on.

We need to win the ACC tournament.

If you analyze our resume and not be a homer it is.
Our resume is not close to the NCAAT this year.
It’s fine.

We have nothing from the nonconference. We have one good resume win this entire season. At Virginia.

Beating medicore non-NCAAT on the road isn’t an NCAAT resume.

Georgetown isn’t an NCAAT right now look at their resume vs. ours.
It’s a lot better and than aren’t in the field right now.

Beating Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Boston College, Miami don’t help a NCAA tournament resume they just keep bad losses off your ledger. They are wins you have to have not wins to pin a resume on.

We need to win the ACC tournament.
Your continued lack of understanding the definition of what a “fact” is, might be the funniest meme this board has ever seen. I mean it’s Tristan level of denial.

Your continued lack of understanding the definition of what a “fact” is, might be the funniest meme this board has ever seen. I mean it’s Tristan level of denial.
Omg sorry I am being a freaking realist and not pretending we can be an atlarge.
Sorry I am using the word fact instead of just saying use your head and analyze the numbers which are facts.
Again you are fighting semantics of the damn word I used.
Sorry. I guess it’s annoying that people want to fight the words instead of realizing the points.
We aren’t getting an at-large but i guess because it can’t be proven as a fact you win the semantic. Congratulations.
Feel free to think we can make the tournament as an at-large if we win out and win 3 games in the ACCT.

I study resumes and have done it on this board for a while.
Our resume isn’t close to a NCAAT resume.

But you win. I used the word fact when it should use your head and realize we don’t have close to an atlarge resume.
You won that point. I lost it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom