We need to get the fifth seed of ACC tournament. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We need to get the fifth seed of ACC tournament.

Omg sorry I am being a freaking realist and not pretending we can be an atlarge.
Sorry I am using the word fact instead of just saying use your head and analyze the numbers which are facts.
Again you are fighting semantics of the damn word I used.
Sorry. I guess it’s annoying that people want to fight the words instead of realizing the points.
We aren’t getting an at-large but i guess because it can’t be proven as a fact you win the semantic. Congratulations.
Feel free to think we can make the tournament as an at-large if we win out and win 3 games in the ACCT.

I study resumes and have done it on this board for a while.
Our resume isn’t close to a NCAAT resume.

But you win. I used the word fact when it should use your head and realize we don’t have close to an atlarge resume.
You won that point. I lost it.

There are a lot semantic wars going on these days....

I think getting to the championship game is needed.
Then we need 8th seed Notre Dame to beat No. 1 seed Duke. We likely to beat Notre Dame when we meet in ACC semi. I still think we lack big man inside to beat the top three. All our big men did is to keep fouling until they fouled out and we face the unavoidable defeat.

Again, it’s an opinion / prediction. Stop trying to shout people down by claiming your opinions are fact. It’s really not hard to comprehend.,

I don’t think anyone is shouting anyone down. He has a strong opinion and his rationale backs it up. It’s going to take a miracle for us to make the tournament this year. We’ve beaten no one but UVA and have been wildly inconsistent. But then again, the second half yesterday was IN MY OPINION the best we’ve played all year. So we’ll see. But, I’d bet a buck today that the only bracket we’ll be on in mid March is the NIT.

We need to win out. The 12-8 conference record can get us the 5th seed if Duke beats NC State on their second meeting. This will give us a chance to win two games in ACC tournament because Virginia should be the fourth seed. We have no chance to beat the top three (Duke, Louisville and Florida State). Hope 22 wins will be enough to qualify for NCAA tournament.

If Duke loses to NC State again, hope NC State randomly loses to an inferior team. They did this a lot.
SU gets it's 1st win in 4 games, and suddenly people are plotting a path to the tourny? They're 2-5 the last seven and are on the road the rest of the way. So, really?

Oops UNC game is at home. Announcers said the dome would be closed after today's women's game. Ok

SU gets it's 1st win in 4 games, and suddenly people are plotting a path to the tourny? They're 2-5 the last seven and are on the road the rest of the way. So, really?

Oops UNC game is at home. Announcers said the dome would be closed after today's women's game. Ok

pitt, BC, UNC, Miami...not that hard to see us winning all 4 of those. If we do that, it gives us a pretty decent seed in the ACC tourney. Forgive sports fans for trying to find a way that the team they actually like might possibly have a slight chance.

Omg sorry I am being a freaking realist and not pretending we can be an atlarge.
Sorry I am using the word fact instead of just saying use your head and analyze the numbers which are facts.
Again you are fighting semantics of the damn word I used.
Sorry. I guess it’s annoying that people want to fight the words instead of realizing the points.
We aren’t getting an at-large but i guess because it can’t be proven as a fact you win the semantic. Congratulations.
Feel free to think we can make the tournament as an at-large if we win out and win 3 games in the ACCT.

I study resumes and have done it on this board for a while.
Our resume isn’t close to a NCAAT resume.

But you win. I used the word fact when it should use your head and realize we don’t have close to an atlarge resume.
You won that point. I lost it.

If only they taught you in law school, not to mention all the years you've been practicing law, etc. what an actual "fact" is. ;):)

I believe they said it would be closed after next Sunday's women's game vs Boston College.

Not winning the ACCT as a 5 seed. Even on a good day no way we can be on our A game 4 days in a row back to back to back to back with our bench. We will be worn down...but NOT tired at all.

If only they taught you in law school, not to mention all the years you've been practicing law, etc. what an actual "fact" is. ;):)
I used common sense. If I didn’t use the word fact which is semantic people would realize we aren’t getting an at-large bid.

It’s just not happening this year and honestly I believe JB has done a good job this year. I am not going to be consistent. We made the tournament last year but the team wasn’t fun to watch.
We need a big and next year should be a top 25 team.

I’m hoping this team follows the final trajectory of our 2015-2016 team. That team had more veteran talent but had a really frustrating roller coaster season. It was Mike Gbinije’s, Trevor Cooney and Coleman’s senior season, Roberson’s junior season, Kaleb Joseph’s soph year, Malachi Richardson’s only season, Lydon and Howard’s freshman year. The highlight of the season was the win over Duke at Duke when Roberson came to play scoring 14 points , 20 rebounds. Our record before the ACC tournament was 19-12 overall and 9-9 in conference with only 3 wins away from the dome (we already have 4).

We started out the ACC schedule losing our first 4 games after having already lost 3 OOC games. We finished the season losing 5 of our last 6 games including our only ACC tournament game before the NCAA when we were surprisingly seeded 10th. Making the tournament in the first place was the source of outrage for sports talk shows. We ended up in the final 4. So you never ever know!

We don’t have resume wins outside of At Virginia.

We aren’t making the tournament beating non-tournament teams.

We need to win the ACCT.

I admit I have paid less attention to the bubble than normal this year, but I would only disagree to say maybe if they won out the regular season and beat one of the top 3 ACC teams in the tournament but didn't win they could possibly get in? It's probably a no. There's just not a whole lot of quality wins to point to.

Also, to be clear, I don't think it's going to happen. 2-2 in the final 4 is more likely than 4-0. 1-3 may even be

I'd rather get the 6 seed, beating Virginia or NC State on a neutral court wouldn't be Q1 wins. Would rather have more opportunities to beat Lville/FSU/Duke

Just enlarge the bubble to 32, and that's the NIT, play to the final 4, then let the final 4 of NIT be the first four of NCAA. Done.

I believe they said it would be closed after next Sunday's women's game vs Boston College.
Thanks. They made it sound that it was the last home game for SU.

Just enlarge the bubble to 32, and that's the NIT, play to the final 4, then let the final 4 of NIT be the first four of NCAA. Done.
That makes too much sense.

I’m hoping this team follows the final trajectory of our 2015-2016 team. That team had more veteran talent but had a really frustrating roller coaster season. It was Mike Gbinije’s, Trevor Cooney and Coleman’s senior season, Roberson’s junior season, Kaleb Joseph’s soph year, Malachi Richardson’s only season, Lydon and Howard’s freshman year. The highlight of the season was the win over Duke at Duke when Roberson came to play scoring 14 points , 20 rebounds. Our record before the ACC tournament was 19-12 overall and 9-9 in conference with only 3 wins away from the dome (we already have 4).

We started out the ACC schedule losing our first 4 games after having already lost 3 OOC games. We finished the season losing 5 of our last 6 games including our only ACC tournament game before the NCAA when we were surprisingly seeded 10th. Making the tournament in the first place was the source of outrage for sports talk shows. We ended up in the final 4. So you never ever know!
That team won Atlantis and at Duke. That’s why we got in.

This team has that UVA road win and not much else.

That being said, I’m in the camp of if we win out and win 2 ACCT games, we could potentially be on the Right side of the bubble.

Yes, the ACC is having a down year and we do lack a true signature win. But 14 ACC wins, 21 total wins, 7 road wins, and no bad losses would certainly make us an interesting case

That being said, I’m in the camp of if we win out and win 2 ACCT games, we could potentially be on the Right side of the bubble.

Yes, the ACC is having a down year and we do lack a true signature win. But 14 ACC wins, 21 total wins, 7 road wins, and no bad losses would certainly make us an interesting case

I totally agree. This also depends on two important factors. First, we need other bubble teams to lose. Second, we need to establish we are the fifth best team in ACC. We need to have more wins than NC State and Notre Dame in conference games. Then go deeper than NC state and Notre Dame in ACC tournament.

Last edited:

That team had like 4 better wins than anything this team has. All we have is the uva win and uva us barely in right now. We really need a miracle.

nd only has 10 losses, has three pretty easy games (VT is a good matchup for them), and they have florida state at home, imo a dangerous matchup for fsu. ND has a chance to be a pretty good road win for us.

Unfortunately our 0-5 early season losses hurt resumes more than they use to. Sadly playing nc state tight without hughes, and 3 bigs fouling out in a awfully reffed 1 pt game (buzzer screwjob) at clemson won't show up on paper.

Last edited:
I don't think it is accurate to say we must win the ACC tournament to get in. But we need to win out and beat one of the big 3 before losing in the ACCT, and see what happens around us. But I am not going to spend much energy discussing this as we are arguing over something that has about a 1% chance of happening as of now..

Last edited:
I don't think it is accurate to say we must win the ACC tournament to get in. But we need to win out and beat one of the big 3 before losing in the ACCT, and see what happens around us. But I am not going to spend much energy discussing this as we are arguing over something that has about a 1% chance of happening as of now..
So, is it safe to say Saturday's win doubles our chances?

We could go 4-0 in the last 4 games.
That would put us 19-12.
We would have 1 win over an NCAAT team.
That isn’t an at-large resume.
If we had good wins of course we could be an at-large.

We need to win the ACCT. Why can’t people read tea leaves.

Good wins > bad losses.
We have 1 good win.
A bunch of solid okay wins and our good win is the equivalent of South Carolina’s 3rd best win.
They are 15-12 and not in the field. They have 4 tomato cans as well.

We needed resume wins.
Dude open your eyes to the outside world. The entire country sucks this year. No One thinks we have a great chance of making the tournament. However, winning out and going 21–12 as mentioned, and knocking off say pitt and UVA in acc tourny could maybe be enough but it all depends on how the Bubble plays out. If I had to guess, the big ten will end up killing off one of their own down the stretch (Rutgers), same can be said with the american because outside of houston the others are bubble hovering. We don’t have to worry about a bidsteal in the WCC this year unless someone like SF or Pacific does it as BYU and St Mary’s with Zags will already be at large teams. Another thing to factor in is how many mid majors are on the bubble this year. It always depends on the year for those teams in the bubble because it depends on what the committee is more focused on. More mid majors the better especially if the cuse isn’t in the tournament but in this case I would hope the committee hates them this year lol. Another thing to look at is teams like us. A team id look out for is clemson They’re playing well right now and have two huge wins over duke and Louisville. However they have two terrible losses in wake and Miami. There’s so many teams, factors, etc no one can know for sure right now.

Dude open your eyes to the outside world. The entire country sucks this year. No One thinks we have a great chance of making the tournament. However, winning out and going 21–12 as mentioned, and knocking off say pitt and UVA in acc tourny could maybe be enough but it all depends on how the Bubble plays out. If I had to guess, the big ten will end up killing off one of their own down the stretch (Rutgers), same can be said with the american because outside of houston the others are bubble hovering. We don’t have to worry about a bidsteal in the WCC this year unless someone like SF or Pacific does it as BYU and St Mary’s with Zags will already be at large teams. Another thing to factor in is how many mid majors are on the bubble this year. It always depends on the year for those teams in the bubble because it depends on what the committee is more focused on. More mid majors the better especially if the cuse isn’t in the tournament but in this case I would hope the committee hates them this year lol. Another thing to look at is teams like us. A team id look out for is clemson They’re playing well right now and have two huge wins over duke and Louisville. However they have two terrible losses in wake and Miami. There’s so many teams, factors, etc no one can know for sure right now.
As Jncuse said I am not going to spend the energy on something that has 1% chance of happening.

I don’t think 19-12 and 3 wins in the ACCT would get us in.

If people want to say I was wrong to use the word fact fine. It should have been use common sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom