We need to get the fifth seed of ACC tournament. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We need to get the fifth seed of ACC tournament.

Dude open your eyes to the outside world. The entire country sucks this year. No One thinks we have a great chance of making the tournament. However, winning out and going 21–12 as mentioned, and knocking off say pitt and UVA in acc tourny could maybe be enough but it all depends on how the Bubble plays out. If I had to guess, the big ten will end up killing off one of their own down the stretch (Rutgers), same can be said with the american because outside of houston the others are bubble hovering. We don’t have to worry about a bidsteal in the WCC this year unless someone like SF or Pacific does it as BYU and St Mary’s with Zags will already be at large teams. Another thing to factor in is how many mid majors are on the bubble this year. It always depends on the year for those teams in the bubble because it depends on what the committee is more focused on. More mid majors the better especially if the cuse isn’t in the tournament but in this case I would hope the committee hates them this year lol. Another thing to look at is teams like us. A team id look out for is clemson They’re playing well right now and have two huge wins over duke and Louisville. However they have two terrible losses in wake and Miami. There’s so many teams, factors, etc no one can know for sure right now.

lemme finish this up by saying that I agree with your points on this team though. We just don’t have the resume.but maybe 7 road wins, winning 7 out of 8 down the stretch, is good enough? No one knows right now though.

As Jncuse said I am not going to spend the energy on something that has 1% chance of happening.

I don’t think 19-12 and 3 wins in the ACCT would get us in.

If people want to say I was wrong to use the word fact fine. It should have been use common sense.
Yeah nah I agree it most likely won’t happen but I can see the path and with our schedule it’s not super crazy I guess. the biggest problem to me is again, no resume and needing the help(which could happen this year but again who knowd)

Yeah nah I agree it most likely won’t happen but I can see the path and with our schedule it’s not super crazy I guess. the biggest problem to me is again, no resume and needing the help(which could happen this year but again who knowd)

There is no path that makes sense statistically. All the planets and moons would need to be in total alignment...just my perspective

There’s a path, Just a narrow one with many traps and bumps on the way, Aka 95% it won’t happen.

Well, there are likely technically 2 paths:

Win the ACCT.
Regardless of regular season record, this works. Auto-bid, baby!!
(Captain Obvious here, naturally)
It's GMAC in 2006, all over again!

Win out, and at least 2 games in ACCT.

Last edited:
still its a pretty fluid thing we control what we control
SU goes 3-1 and hope for 4-0

and the teams ahead of us fall

down the stretch
NC state goes 1-3 good chance
prov 1-2 likely
xavier 2-2 likely
g-town 0-4 good chance
USC 0-3.. good chance
Ok 1-3 good chance
Stan 1-3 good chance

but that still means play well in ACC tourney. Hughes Missing the NC st game sucks

We need to win out. The 12-8 conference record can get us the 5th seed if Duke beats NC State on their second meeting. This will give us a chance to win two games in ACC tournament because Virginia should be the fourth seed. We have no chance to beat the top three (Duke, Louisville and Florida State). Hope 22 wins will be enough to qualify for NCAA tournament.

If Duke loses to NC State again, hope NC State randomly loses to an inferior team. They did this a lot.

We absolutely have a shot to beat Duke, Louisville, and Fla St - heck we competed with Duke and should have beaten FSU.

we just need to hope we only have to beat 1 of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom