We really, really need a pay side... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We really, really need a pay side...

I dont see how having a pay side will keep people away. Cant people just pay and be on it? So basically to try and keep people away you develop a pay side, that in reality anyone can pay for. So that just means we all will have to pay and everyone will probably still be on that site?

Am I missing something?

This... What happens if beaverfevercuse just joins the pay side? Not to mention half of the golf/yankee/OT posts that should be going on the OT board are made by people who are definately going to be on the pay side.

This... What happens if beaverfevercuse just joins the pay side? Not to mention half of the golf/yankee/OT posts that should be going on the OT board are made by people who are definately going to be on the pay side.

What?!?! There are OT posts?!?! We definitely need a pay side then, (insert heavy sarcasm) it will solve everything!!

This board is great as is, with reasonable posters (most, some, not so much :crazy:), Great mods. No need for an exclusive club.

If we had an exclusive club, what would its name be? The Ottos? (instead of the The Skulls)

I dont see how having a pay side will keep people away. Cant people just pay and be on it? So basically to try and keep people away you develop a pay side, that in reality anyone can pay for. So that just means we all will have to pay and everyone will probably still be on that site?

Am I missing something?

Good point. No way to prevent, but the old pay side seemed to have less in the way of long hijacked threads. But maybe I am remembering incorrectly who knows...

An ignore button might help get rid of some of the noise, but otherwise, I am happy as long as 1) OE's trigger finger gets better and I can get my daily fill of reading while eating lunch; 2) SWC keeps filling us in on the coach's show. That said, if there was a pay site, I would join it gladly.

That one poster is pure entertainment, he doesn't annoy me as much as he makes me laugh at his ridiculousness.

I for one think 98% of the posters here are good dudes and there's always good, civil basketball talk.

Good point. No way to prevent, but the old pay side seemed to have less in the way of long hijacked threads. But maybe I am remembering incorrectly who knows...
There's a certain someone that seems to hijack a lot of threads lately, don't let al qaeda get a hold of him or else we are in trouble.

Who's with me?
I did not join the pay side at the old forum.

I do not, on principal, pay for any internet content at any site.

Why should i when there is sooo much out there for free.

If we had an exclusive club, what would its name be? The Ottos? (instead of the The Skulls)
The No Homers Club.

Edit: orangehomer, you can be in. It says no HomerS. We're allowed to have one.

Who's with me?

I'm with you. Just pay me and I'll call this the paid side for you if paying to post makes you feel better.

Seriously, that reminds me of a road trip through the midwest where a guy in the convenience store mocked the folks of the next state over(I can't even remember the 2 states). My friend and I had a chuckle once we got outside over that kind of regionalism or whatever my friend called it.

You mean we'd have to reward the people who run this site for their hard work? No way!

seriously just use the ignore user button

In all honesty the only reason I'd really want to pay for a premium part of the site would be if the money is used to hire a writer to produce exclusive content.

Has anybody figured out how to use the ignore button on the iPhone version of tapatalk? I sure as heck can't find it...

We got some serious el cheapos on this board. Free-riders suck. No wonder why we can't have nice things, like the ability to hire ourselves a John Garcia Jr. for instance.

We got some serious el cheapos on this board. Free-riders suck. No wonder why we can't have nice things, like the ability to hire ourselves a John Garcia Jr. for instance.
More like we got a bunch of morons on this site who don't know how to use the internet so they have to pay money because they are to lazy to figure it out

I would join the pay site out of principle.

This is an independently run site that takes time and money to run and we as fans have a lot of fun here. If the admins decide to ask for a few bucks a month to cover the cost of a writer, provide a little more inside info, etc, I say good for them. They're obviously not trying to get rich and rip people off here, they're just trying to create the best place possible for knuckleheads like us to meet and talk Cuse.

How would a writer be compensated? By salary? By the article? What's the going rate for this stuff?

This board is great as is, with reasonable posters (most, some, not so much :crazy:), Great mods. No need for an exclusive club.

As Groucho Marx once said, I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

i myself prefer to roll with the rabble rather than prance with kings.

i fart upwind of your luxury box vantage point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom