We should be in but if we don't it's on JB | Syracusefan.com

We should be in but if we don't it's on JB

Alsacs

Living Legend
Today's gameplan was pathetic.

How he let the tempo be that slow was terrible. We came out slow again. Miami missed shots and we came back but this loss is so bleeping frustrating.

Pathetic JB didn't press till the last 1:30. He let this game be shortened and killed us because we had no margin for error. So ANGRY.

If we don't make the NCAAT this passive aggressive game is on JB.

i dont understand why he didnt press once we fell behind by 6 or whatever it was with 5 or 6 minutes left. absolutely had to pick up the pace. boeheim has had an awful year. and why isnt thompson on the court in these close games????????? roberson is an asbolute WASTE!!!!!!!

The anger I have is so palpable. We let Miami dictate this game. We NEEDED THIS GAME. Miami didn't and we let them tell us how the game was to be played.
I swear this loss is completely on our staff. We should have been pressing a lot earlier.

I just wish we made adjustments on the fly sometimes. :)

It's like at halftime we either figure it out, or we don't. How long did it take us to be like, "huh, exploit the slow Aussie off the bounce." Yet, we're wasting time screaming at Roberson for not getting to a shooter after he fell down. He tried to get back up! lol

Gillon, at some point, someone should tell him, "hey, after that pick, nobody is picking up Lydon very quickly today. Maybe get him the ball?"

"Hey Lydon, what ya' doin' buddy? Shoooooooooot it!" I didn't like hearing that one segment where the coaches say it's fine because he does so many other little things. Uhhhh, half the time he passes up an open shot we end up with some horrible shot with 3 seconds on the shot clock. It's not good - never good!!!! lol

Robey had an offensive rebound in his hands and instead of dunking it bumbled it out of bounds. Then he got one and threw it over half court

and thompson sits on the bench. i dont get it. thompson can score the ball! we are losing! we need points!!!

the game management was again not stellar. That said - Battle doesn't have a two trip brain freeze with a bad dunk attempt and a bad make up shot on the next trip and we win. The strategy in the final minutes was mind boggling.

i dont understand why he didnt press once we fell behind by 6 or whatever it was with 5 or 6 minutes left.
JB has a sliding rule - unless it's desperation mode, the press only comes out when we're behind double digits. Larranga knows this and made sure they didn't extend the lead.

Less about JB, more angry with Gillons game managing.

Battle/Thompson/White were all on fire. On freakin' fire.

You gotta feed those guys the ball. Pounding the ball around the top of the key for 15 seconds then finding White on an island where he's forced to chuck is AWFUL.

Less about JB, more angry with Gillons game managing.

Battle/Thompson/White were all on fire. On freakin' fire.

You gotta feed those guys the ball. Pounding the ball around the top of the key for 15 seconds then finding White on an island where he's forced to chuck is AWFUL.

He missed so many passes he should have made today it was utterly shocking. He was slow on the delivery a lot when he did see the play. The first half was far worse than the second though...

the game management was again not stellar. That said - Battle doesn't have a two trip brain freeze with a bad dunk attempt and a bad make up shot on the next trip and we win. The strategy in the final minutes was mind boggling.

Amazing drive, incredible leap, but tough finish. that 4 point swing was the game changing play. Summarizes our season, unfortunately.

Nobody feels worse about it than he does, I can guarantee you.

That wasn't a bad dunk attempt. He's 6'6" and had a clear path to the rim. Not sure how he missed it, but clearly that was the decisive sequence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom