We should be in but if we don't it's on JB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We should be in but if we don't it's on JB

If you build a statue in your front yard you can name it after Thompson. That's pretty much his defensive stance. He doesn't move on defense or go get any rebounds. If they don't make the tourney we have no one but ourselves to blame. You can't win only two non-discript road games and get into the tourney. You also can't lose to Goergetown and St. John's AT HOME! SU can't win any game scoring only 57 points. That's embarrassing.

you forgot losing at BC, can't do that either.

Less about JB, more angry with Gillons game managing.

Battle/Thompson/White were all on fire. On freakin' fire.

You gotta feed those guys the ball. Pounding the ball around the top of the key for 15 seconds then finding White on an island where he's forced to chuck is AWFUL.

Maybe that was the game plan by JB.

JB turned this season around?

How many points did he score?
He didn't turn things around this team had a lot of talent and John Gillon became the PG.

JB did not do a great job. The team wasn't a finished product in November like most of his teams are.

Great coaching JB.
This wasn't the team he thought he was going in with. Chukwu went down early, Coleman eventually broke down, Roberson regressed and Howard played himself off the court, all of which limited JB's options and turned this into a team that relied on its offense (and primarily the three ball) to win games. I thought this team was well-coached and battled as hard as possible in a very tough conference.

This wasn't the team he thought he was going in with. Chukwu went down early, Coleman eventually broke down, Roberson regressed and Howard played himself off the court, all of which limited JB's options and turned this into a team that relied on its offense (and primarily the three ball) to win games. I thought this team was well-coached and battled as hard as possible in a very tough conference.

Everything didn't go our way, but we have too much talent to lose 14 games, losing at Bc is an embarrassment, same with losing to St Johns by 33, Rutgirls could have beat Uconn that night, this team was an epic disappointment.

Best case scenario Chukwu was going to be a defensive player. He showed at Wisconsin he wasn't ready this year.
Coleman was never a defensive player. He played well against UConn. His loss was not a killer.

Roberson is on the staff.
Howard is on the player.

I don't think this was a good job by JB. We turned it around because a problem player was sent to the bench and we won games at home with our studs coming thru.

I am mad but it's beside the point I have no use for your attempted witty posts that passive aggressively go after my points.
Go Jazz Go.
yeah u mad

Today's gameplan was pathetic.

How he let the tempo be that slow was terrible. We came out slow again. Miami missed shots and we came back but this loss is so bleeping frustrating.

Pathetic JB didn't press till the last 1:30. He let this game be shortened and killed us because we had no margin for error. So ANGRY.

If we don't make the NCAAT this passive aggressive game is on JB.
Our game plans are subtle. Too subtle for a non-hall-o-famer to recognize or comprehend.
The Miami game plan was obvious. It doesn't take a genius to gameplan something that the casual fan can easily observe. That stuff's for babies.

We made adjustments all throughout the game. Our adjustments were like George Costanza's driving. He's doing things in the car you're not even aware of. And sadly, it's not even something that can be imparted to you.

Really, though, what was expected? We're a flawed, injured team, with inconsistent performers because those performers have pretty obvious flaws. A lot of them are capable of big games, but each is also just as susceptible to being taken out and made ineffective. This is just who we are. Four years in the ACC and no tournament wins. We're a .500 team in the conference over that time. That has been consistent. It's up to the individual to decide if that's a trend or a 'rough patch.' All factors considered, i consider it a trend, unfortunately. We could go to another final four this year and that would be swell, but it won't change who we actually are.

Im sure a better coach would have done something much better with this group.. i get the complaints on recruiting that left us in this position, but once the year starts you get what you get. We basically changed up 3 starters and thats about all the bodies we had.

as for in game adjustments, if you cant see the adjustments thats on you not the coaches as they made several during the game. Im sure the coaches said to leave the guy 25 ft out uncovered over and over.

I feel like JB turned the season around when a lot of people were leaving us for dead, so, yes, it's on JB if we didn't get into the tournament, but if we do get in overall he did a great job of turning things around.

Well done, love your humor.

Reading these posts, I'm glad I didn't get to watch the game.

Roberson plays a lot because when he comes in, we get better defensively and in rebounding at 2 spots. C and PF. Lydon is far far better than TT as a defensive center and rebounder. Lydon also rebounds better himself at the 5 vs the 4. Roberson is a better defender at the 4 than Lydon is. It's probably a push as rebounders at the 4. With Lydon at the 5 and Roberson at the 4, it also allows us to push the guards further up top and trap the corners which doesn't work out too well with Thompson at the 5 and Lydon, who isn't as quick/athletic as Roberson, at the 4. JB is OK with Thompson not playing huge minutes for his offense because he expects to have enough offense with White, Battle, Lydon and Gillon. It just doesn't always work out though.

Concur. It's such a drastic difference that it's hard not to see. Now, if you want to argue TT's offense somehow offsets that, fine. I don't think that's the case though - it's really hard to hide his defensive deficiencies, and Lydon is far weaker at the forward.

It seems many think this season was one of Jb's best, at least in some time.

I think he's been pretty bad all year. We play awful in first halves of games and let other teams dictate everything. Only when our backs are against the wall do we get things going. We run nothing on offense and play a brand of Iso ball that doesn't fit well. He tried forcing Howard into the PG role for half the season. It's been a rough go of it and he never seemed to understand his personnel. So many new faces didn't help but I don't think we saw the best coaching this year.

It seems many think this season was one of Jb's best, at least in some time.

I think he's been pretty bad all year. We play awful in first halves of games and let other teams dictate everything. Only when our backs are against the wall do we get things going. We run nothing on offense and play a brand of Iso ball that doesn't fit well. He tried forcing Howard into the PG role for half the season. It's been a rough go of it and he never seemed to understand his personnel. So many new faces didn't help but I don't think we saw the best coaching this year.
Who has said this season is one of JB's best?

yeah u mad
1l1pfw.jpg

Concur. It's such a drastic difference that it's hard not to see. Now, if you want to argue TT's offense somehow offsets that, fine. I don't think that's the case though - it's really hard to hide his defensive deficiencies, and Lydon is far weaker at the forward.
Roberson's play has declined so much I don't know if the change helps that much. He played 22 minutes today and had 3 rebounds and no steals, 2 points. He is not rebounding. even that aspect of his game has fallen way off.

Miami shot 61% in the first half.

They scored 36 points. Then when they cooled down and got Ahead 41-40 we lost the Australian two possessions in a row and he hit 2 3's and we were down 5 points.

D was awful in the first half. The fact we let Miami own tempo and dictate the pace we deserved to lose.
JB has coached this way his whole career...he allows the opponent to set the pace & we play at their comfort level. This has been the case in every upset we have suffered to a mid major team. It's just part of the package you have to accept with JB's good points.

I can be a douche when I feel people are being passive aggressive. Damn the POTUS for teaching this.
Eh, no sweat, but I wasn't being passive aggressive. Ain't nobody got time for that. If I'm ever feeling being aggressive, usually I'm just aggressive.

Our game plans are subtle. Too subtle for a non-hall-o-famer to recognize or comprehend.
The Miami game plan was obvious. It doesn't take a genius to gameplan something that the casual fan can easily observe. That stuff's for babies.

We made adjustments all throughout the game. Our adjustments were like George Costanza's driving. He's doing things in the car you're not even aware of. And sadly, it's not even something that can be imparted to you.

Really, though, what was expected? We're a flawed, injured team, with inconsistent performers because those performers have pretty obvious flaws. A lot of them are capable of big games, but each is also just as susceptible to being taken out and made ineffective. This is just who we are. Four years in the ACC and no tournament wins. We're a .500 team in the conference over that time. That has been consistent. It's up to the individual to decide if that's a trend or a 'rough patch.' All factors considered, i consider it a trend, unfortunately. We could go to another final four this year and that would be swell, but it won't change who we actually are.

Love your take. That said , Miami gave us a window to suck in the half court and still win the game. Something most teams don't allow. We knew their style, but never adjusted, sped up the game. UM is brutal in the half court, but we still got beat by steals and breakaways. Thats coaching.

When has a Boeheim team ever pressed in 1st half? he has never been confused with Nolan Richardson. Tough to play 94 feet when you play 6.5 guys, I wouldn't recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom