We should be in but if we don't it's on JB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We should be in but if we don't it's on JB

That replay where TT let up the interior pass with NO HANDS UP was so frustrating.

Honestly - pressing would have killed us. Bruce Brown was largely quiet tonight - if we press all we would do is let Brown and Newton get clean looks at the rim.

This game was lost on offense. Other than Battle in the 1st half and AW3 we were awful on O.

and thompson sits on the bench. i dont get it. thompson can score the ball! we are losing! we need points!!!
It's because he gave no effort. Could see it at the game -- he made a couple of bad plays and was lazy getting back and frustrated with himself. His focus was way off. And his defense was atrocious. I swear he'd be better if he just stood there with his hands up.

Then again, Roberson didn't do much either. So who knows.

It's because he gave no effort. Could see it at the game -- he made a couple of bad plays and was lazy getting back and frustrated with himself. His focus was way off. And his defense was atrocious. I swear he'd be better if he just stood there with his hands up.

but we're literally playing 4 on 5 on offense when roberson is out there. and its not like hes a defensive and rebounding machine. we were losing basically the entire game, we needed to score.

Yearh, Roberson with 2 pts, 3 rebounds, and a turnover in 22 minutes is the epitome of playing 4-on-5 (sometimes 6) basketball.

I mean I think our offense had the tools to be better than it was but statistically was the lesser of our problems this year.
Do they keep records for dunks given up in the halfcourt? If so the 16-17 Orange will be hard to top.

getting TT the ball is hard when hes on the bench .. TR did very little

but we're literally playing 4 on 5 on offense when roberson is out there. and its not like hes a defensive and rebounding machine. we were losing basically the entire game, we needed to score.
He used to be able to regularly impact a game with his defense and rebounding, particlarly his offensive rebounding. That just doesn't happen much anymore, for whatever reason.

getting TT the ball is hard when hes on the bench .. TR did very little

Boeheim is thinking about defense. TT is liability on every possession on D. The one play they kept showing when he just watched the guy (Murphy?) by the FT line pass it right by him to a cutter without getting his hands up was unreal.

He got outcoached by a mile.

Bring on the new era, whatever it may be.. This is getting old.

He stays as long as he wants, your begging for a guy who has lost more games than he's won. That's insane!

Today's gameplan was pathetic.

How he let the tempo be that slow was terrible. We came out slow again. Miami missed shots and we came back but this loss is so bleeping frustrating.

Pathetic JB didn't press till the last 1:30. He let this game be shortened and killed us because we had no margin for error. So ANGRY.

If we don't make the NCAAT this passive aggressive game is on JB.
It's also on Lydon. If you want to win in post-season your best player needs to step up, lead and perform. He didn't. A 5 point scoring game? Just rebounding isn't enough. He's been in an offensive funk for a month. Very disappointing that with a tourney bid on the line this team showed no urgency or energy today. Looked content to lose and go home.

Lydon is just too slow and not good off the bounce, sometimes reluctant to pull the trigger, really bad offensive design at times, and sketchy PG play. They all factor in.

Roberson plays a lot because when he comes in, we get better defensively and in rebounding at 2 spots. C and PF. Lydon is far far better than TT as a defensive center and rebounder. Lydon also rebounds better himself at the 5 vs the 4. Roberson is a better defender at the 4 than Lydon is. It's probably a push as rebounders at the 4. With Lydon at the 5 and Roberson at the 4, it also allows us to push the guards further up top and trap the corners which doesn't work out too well with Thompson at the 5 and Lydon, who isn't as quick/athletic as Roberson, at the 4. JB is OK with Thompson not playing huge minutes for his offense because he expects to have enough offense with White, Battle, Lydon and Gillon. It just doesn't always work out though.

I feel like JB turned the season around when a lot of people were leaving us for dead, so, yes, it's on JB if we didn't get into the tournament, but if we do get in overall he did a great job of turning things around.

I would build a statue of him in my front yard if I could, with that said, he coached a terrible game, and probably did his worst coaching job this year.

I feel like JB turned the season around when a lot of people were leaving us for dead, so, yes, it's on JB if we didn't get into the tournament, but if we do get in overall he did a great job of turning things around.
JB turned this season around?

How many points did he score?
He didn't turn things around this team had a lot of talent and John Gillon became the PG.

JB did not do a great job. The team wasn't a finished product in November like most of his teams are.

Great coaching JB.

Roberson plays a lot because when he comes in, we get better defensively and in rebounding at 2 spots. C and PF. Lydon is far far better than TT as a defensive center and rebounder. Lydon also rebounds better himself at the 5 vs the 4. Roberson is a better defender at the 4 than Lydon is. It's probably a push as rebounders at the 4. With Lydon at the 5 and Roberson at the 4, it also allows us to push the guards further up top and trap the corners which doesn't work out too well with Thompson at the 5 and Lydon, who isn't as quick/athletic as Roberson, at the 4. JB is OK with Thompson not playing huge minutes for his offense because he expects to have enough offense with White, Battle, Lydon and Gillon. It just doesn't always work out though.
Normally 4 offensive guys would be enough but not when one guy has completely forgotten how to play basketball and has zero offensive capabilities. Lonzo Ball, Luke Kennard, Justin Jackson and Caleb Swanigan couldn't do much offensively in a 4 on 5 setting, let alone our guys.

yeah miami run up and down the floor all day to score 62 points the D was just awful.

It was a low possession and slow tempo game. We gave them too many open looks on pump fakes, leaving the Serbian cat open, or giving up lob dunks. What's new. That being said the offense needed a better plan and more driving as they were racking up fouls. I don't get it.

Thinking 2016-2017 was a great coaching job by JB is laughable. We came into the season ranked and had Final Four expectations and the HC talked them up.

This team went 18-14 that isn't a good coaching job. It is re-writing history after the fact the team was overhyped.

Thinking 2016-2017 was a great coaching job by is laughable. We came into the season ranked and had Final Four expectations and the HC talked them up.

This team went 18-14 that isn't a good coaching job.

Just go back and look at the prediction thread, its honestly embarrassing that this team lost 14 games.

If you build a statue in your front yard you can name it after Thompson. That's pretty much his defensive stance. He doesn't move on defense or go get any rebounds. If they don't make the tourney we have no one but ourselves to blame. You can't win only two non-discript road games and get into the tourney. You also can't lose to Goergetown and St. John's AT HOME! SU can't win any game scoring only 57 points. That's embarrassing.

Thinking 2016-2017 was a great coaching job by JB is laughable. We came into the season ranked and had Final Four expectations and the HC talked them up.

This team went 18-14 that isn't a good coaching job. It is re-writing history after the fact the team was overhyped.
We also have two future 1st Round Draft Picks and a grad transfer from Nebraska who a lot of people wanted that became 3rd team All-ACC in a loaded conference.

Whoaaa... coach really killed it this year to get this group of ragamuffins to 18 wins.

JB turned this season around?

How many points did he score?
He didn't turn things around this team had a lot of talent and John Gillon became the PG.

JB did not do a great job. The team wasn't a finished product in November like most of his teams are.

Great coaching JB.
u mad bro

If you build a statue in your front yard you can name it after Thompson. That's pretty much his defensive stance. He doesn't move on defense or go get any rebounds. If they don't make the tourney we have no one but ourselves to blame. You can't win only two non-discript road games and get into the tourney. You also can't lose to Goergetown and St. John's AT HOME! SU can't win any game scoring only 57 points. That's embarrassing.

That pretty much sums it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom