We shouldn’t care who leaves as long as the staff reloads | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We shouldn’t care who leaves as long as the staff reloads

he did transfer from N.D. but mark cubit from Vermont was right there with him.
Cubit was right after Billy Drew and was an assistant coach for a couple years.
I like think thinking about those guys from the very early Boeheim years and often wonder what ever happened to some of them.

Cubit was right after Billy Drew and was an assistant coach for a couple years.
I like think thinking about those guys from the very early Boeheim years and often wonder what ever happened to some of them.
Some of the best days of my life.

during the past 3 weeks I’ve heard the following players may be looking elsewhere(portal or pro)...and by “heard” some it is from this board, some from other sources:
Woody
AG
Q
Kadary
Girard
I think that covers it. Some here have added frank.

I actually don't know. Honestly, I have no idea. I don't know him. if you asked me last week i would have said what are you talking about? After Blackwell said that he thought Kadray might transfer, I asked about it. I didn't like the answer i was given but was also told, that it wasn't rock solid gold go to the bank with this information. I wish I hadn't repeated it but honestly, I was upset and thought I should share it. I guess we will all find out soon enough. I really hope he stays. I don't think he will find a better situation on this kind of quality team. But what worries me is that it isn't just hoop related. Now, he really, along with every other college kid in the country, didn't get the true Syracuse experience. 30k fans screaming. Plenty of woman around. Parties.

Blackwell also said he’s heard that since the beginning of the season. And not for nothing, K did an interview early in the season and said he didn’t care if he started or came off the bench.

I would say our success in the transfer market is mixed at best. Hughes and AW3 were great but also ended up with chewy, gillon, Thorpe and AG. Not that they were all bad (besides Thorpe). Just rotational guys.
Do we really have that much confidence in getting big time transfers given our track record lately in recruiting?
I’d rate Gillon as better than that. Wish we had him longer. Kid hit a 40+ point game and hit a buzzer beater against Duke(he also took over that game in the second half).

Blackwell also said he’s heard that since the beginning of the season. And not for nothing, K did an interview early in the season and said he didn’t care if he started or came off the bench.
that is actually what bothers me. this week I was told it wasn't pt related. It is somewhat easy to address the pt issue. If it is something else, that is where it gets difficult. I mean, teams weren't knocking the door down for him,. UConn actually backed off. He knew we had the back court back. How much more did he expect to play as a freshman. Patience isn't practiced much anymore. coming from the corporate world, so many young people coming in to corporations think they are ready to manage the company. I don't think it has always been that way.

Southwest Louisiana Rajin Cajuns I believe. I think they might be Louisiana Tech now.Didnt they have some kind of investigation going on back then which forced a bunch of transfers?

Fred Saunders
No kidding, I was going to write him but that was pre jb so i didn't. It seemed he hurt chemistry on that team. And he was a very good player.

during the past 3 weeks I’ve heard the following players may be looking elsewhere(portal or pro)...and by “heard” some it is from this board, some from other sources:
Woody
AG
Q
Kadary
Girard

Going from 3 guards to 1... Yeah that would be just great. If that happens have to check back on the board in about 18 months.

that is actually what bothers me. this week I was told it wasn't pt related. It is somewhat easy to address the pt issue. If it is something else, that is where it gets difficult. I mean, teams weren't knocking the door down for him,. UConn actually backed off. He knew we had the back court back. How much more did he expect to play as a freshman. Patience isn't practiced much anymore. coming from the corporate world, so many young people coming in to corporations think they are ready to manage the company. I don't think it has always been that way.

Yeah if it's the school itself, the coaching staff or teammates I mean you just have to throw your hands up.

UConn backed off?!? Hmmm didn’t know that. Interesting. Wonder if they were concerned about personality. TT part II?

I’d rate Gillon as better than that. Wish we had him longer. Kid hit a 40+ point game and hit a buzzer beater against Duke(he also took over that game in the second half).
The Duke shot so was amazing given the circumstances that it outweighs that NC State game which was maybe the most bonkers performance we’ll ever see from a Syracuse player.

43 points on 13 field goals attempts and 9-10 from three. AND the double clutch three to send it to OT.

UConn backed off?!? Hmmm didn’t know that. Interesting. Wonder if they were concerned about personality. TT part II?
I think to be fair, they ran out of ships after they stole our guy. It was almost like a trade.

Not to get into a personality discussion too much but Kadary is definitely it seems like a different kid. Just in how he handles and carries himself and in how he interacts. In that respect there is definitely a TT vibe.

That may go to the fact that he flat out looked like a five star top 10 recruit at times down the stretch for Brewster but he did so completely at his own pace. It's hard to know what to make of it.

Woody
AG
Q
Kadary
Girard
I can’t imagine both Joe and Kadary would leave

Some of the best days of my life.
Would love to see Mike Waters or Donna Ditota start a “Whatever happened to so and so”.
Maybe a weekly write up on some of the players from the early years and what they are doing now.Now that our season is over I think they might have plenty of time to do some research.

It seems like every year there is a guy or two who JB basically shows them the door. I assume he would always honor their scholarship but can basically say your not getting off the bench. Would Woody and Griffin be in this category? I assume Sidibe graduates & moves on (poor guy just can't get healthy). Does Merek graduate and go play overseas? Is his girlfriend also graduating? If she is a junior and returning that might affect his decision they seem really tight. Edwards decision probably is based on what Merek does and what transfer center they are looking at. Does QG want to start making money to play professionally or come back like JB referenced so he can improve his draft stock and maybe make the league? Does Richmond want a guarantee to start and how would that affect Joe? Does Richmond even like SU? The kid's facial experession never changes so mot sure if he is having fun. Who knows about Ajak and Anselem. What we think we know: Buddy and Braswell will be back and as long as Benny does not go to the G League he will be here. And then there is Jimmy B???

That is fine. This wasn’t a knock on individual players. I was a fan of gillon.

If you put gillon/chewy on this team I don’t believe it goes much different. allowing many of these guys to leave with the thought that we will get somebody better or on par is flawed in my opinion.
It took G 2 yrs to be viable. His first year was pretty bad. Hughes first year was a bit like AG. He would have a great half and then the 2nd part of the game disappear. If you told me we lose kadary but get a gillon type I would imagine you would be mad. Until the staff can show us they can get a 5 star transfer I don’t think we can assume it will happen.

Woody
AG
Q
Kadary
Girard

And... that’s not even counting Marek & CDB, who could (in theory) choose to return.

But probably won’t.