We shouldn’t care who leaves as long as the staff reloads | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We shouldn’t care who leaves as long as the staff reloads

That is fine. This wasn’t a knock on individual players. I was a fan of gillon.

If you put gillon/chewy on this team I don’t believe it goes much different. allowing many of these guys to leave with the thought that we will get somebody better or on par is flawed in my opinion.
It took G 2 yrs to be viable. His first year was pretty bad. Hughes first year was a bit like AG. He would have a great half and then the 2nd part of the game disappear. If you told me we lose kadary but get a gillon type I would imagine you would be mad. Until the staff can show us they can get a 5 star transfer I don’t think we can assume it will happen.
Wes Johnson says hi.

Come on. Wes Johnson is way long ago. Not even remotely the same staff besides JB. We are talking recent.

If you put gillon/chewy on this team I don’t believe it goes much different. allowing many of these guys to leave with the thought that we will get somebody better or on par is flawed in my opinion.
It took G 2 yrs to be viable. His first year was pretty bad. Hughes first year was a bit like AG. He would have a great half and then the 2nd part of the game disappear. If you told me we lose kadary but get a gillon type I would imagine you would be mad. Until the staff can show us they can get a 5 star transfer I don’t think we can assume it will happen.
And both of those guys turned out to be NBA draft picks. I’d sign up for any transfers who can do that.

Gbinije and Hughes are arguably the two best players we’ve had here in the last 6-7 years.

I’ll take transfers like that anyday and not care if it takes them a year or two to develop, if the end result is that good. Gbinije was the best player on a final four team, and without Hughes, last years team would’ve been horrible.

Looking forward to seeing a new cast of characters play along side Buddy, Benny and Jesse.

This thread is juicy.

It’s college sports, we all have our preferences but in today’s game adjustments can be made and spots replaced.

The Duke shot so was amazing given the circumstances that it outweighs that NC State game which was maybe the most bonkers performance we’ll ever see from a Syracuse player.

43 points on 13 field goals attempts and 9-10 from three. AND the double clutch three to send it to O

that team was not very good

Gbinije and Hughes are arguably the two best players we’ve had here in the last 6-7 years.
I’ll take transfers like that anyday and not care if it takes them a year or two to develop, if the end result is that good. Gbinije was the best player on a final four team, and without Hughes, last years team would’ve been horrible.
We are having two different arguments. They weren’t good day 1. They turned out to be good after a few years. So if we lose a bunch of guys in the program and are able to turn around guys that take two or three years to develop how the does that help us next year?

If it’s Richmond, we are screwed

This may sound silly, but I see guys leaving UNC, Duke, Kansas, etc.
Why can't WE get a couple of those guys?
Kadary is a B+ PG, at best. There must be better ones out there if he does leave.

The zone typically takes time to learn properly; multiple losses may well hurt us for next year, the incoming transfers must be high quality and teachable!

Two things:

1. Now I feel old
2. He was only three years before G
I mean Bernie fine was still on the staff with Hopkins and rob murphy. In basketball terms and like recruiting I feel like it was a long time ago. We were picking up Mickey d all Americans every year. To me it is different.

Kadary is a B+ PG, at best. There must be better ones out there if he does leave.

maybe. But he’s the best guard we have. Without him is a net negative.

Yea. But wouldn’t that mean there are more openings at UNC, duke and Kansas now. K has no problem grabbing guys to keep them away from us like tape and tucker.
If JB wouldn’t give kadary the keys over joe this past year...how good would the new guy have to be to take away the starting spot from a junior joe?

"We shouldn’t care who leaves as long as the staff reloads"​

well you should care. because most game are won before the tip . recruiting and constructing a team built to win now and in the future is one of the main responsibilities of the coaching staff. and creating a culture of success and rewarding hard work and fostering team loyalty should be paramount to building a winning program.

"We shouldn’t care who leaves as long as the staff reloads"​

well you should care. because most game are won before the tip . recruiting and constructing a team built to win now and in the future is one of the main responsibilities of the coaching staff. and creating a culture of success and rewarding hard work and fostering team loyalty should be paramount to building a winning program.
Good job not understanding the landscape of the transfer portal now.

It doesn’t matter if we lose 8 players as long as the coaching staff reloads the team.
Players aren’t going to be patient anymore.

This isn’t 1990’s or 2000’s anymore.

Kids want to move on where they can play.
I don’t care who goes as long as the staff brings in talent to win.

maybe. But he’s the best guard we have. Without him is a net negative.

I agree. I don't want him to leave, and if he stays I want him to start over Joe.

But if Kadary doesn't think JB will give him the starting job and he leaves, I can't say I blame him.

But I also think we can find someone better who can still move Joe to the third guard.

Yea. But wouldn’t that mean there are more openings at UNC, duke and Kansas now. K has no problem grabbing guys to keep them away from us like tape and tucker.
If JB wouldn’t give kadary the keys over joe this past year...how good would the new guy have to be to take away the starting spot from a junior joe?

I'll bet you we could find 5 or 10 guys in the portal who are coming from a pretty good team where they were the star player, where they could beat out Joe Girard at PG. Guys who are looking to move up a level, like Eli or Andrew White. (Obviously neither of them are PGs, but equivalent players are out there in numbers this year.)

It’s out of our control, not worth the worry.

And the rule is they can only transfer 1 time, right? I think the volume will die down as life goes on. This year will be the worst of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom