Week 1: ACC Games for Sept 2-6 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Week 1: ACC Games for Sept 2-6

download.jpeg

Why wasn’t Milton starting? He looks as good as ever. I thought Scott’s helmet just came off. Or was it worse?

Im watching the skycam view because it’s the closest thing to being in the stadium, but you don’t get the announcers.
You were fortunate. Listening to Joe Tessitore is a burden like no other.

Why wasn’t Milton starting? He looks as good as ever. I thought Scott’s helmet just came off. Or was it worse?

Im watching the skycam view because it’s the closest thing to being in the stadium, but you don’t get the announcers.
Do you recall how much trouble a large number of FSU players made when Norvell was hired and even after Spring practice? Do you recall that they all were black and some of them made race the issue?

The reasons, in order, that FSU lost:

1. Travis played QB for FSU more than 3/4ths of the game. He is yet another in the massive tide of top rate athletes who are far from top level QBs. Hamilton looked like the best Safety in maybe ever precisely because he could read Travis and jump on his wobbly ducks.
2. The ND OL provided text book Grade A pass protection.
3. ND QB Coan played a fundamentally flawless game.
4. The FSU LBs and DBs could not come close to slowing ND TE Mayer.

ND kept the game close by a stupid strategy of having the D give full respect to the FSU passing game when Travis was playing. It lead to 3 INTs, but it meant that ND did not totally shut down FSU running and hit Travis hard every single time a pass was called.

Or perhaps Kelly wanted that type D to keep Milton on the bench as long as possible.

Here is the take away: if Norvell gives the keys to Milton, and the FSU players don't have another round of hissy-fits, the Noles could cause some real damage.

Mayer is all that is advertised… Kid’s a matchup nightmare, he definitely fits the description of Baby Gronk.

Sunday player all day.

And on the other side of it, I was extremely impressed by Jermaine Johnson II. Haven’t heard much about him, but, great football player.

Last edited:
“I’m in favor of execution. Maybe our entire team needs to be executed after tonight”.

-Brian Kelly, postgame on national TV.

Yikes.

First off - he totally butchered that joke. great execution!! :rolleyes:

Secondly - his team WON.
a pretty thrilling game, on the road, in OT.
Context, dumbass.

Last - Brian Kelly killed a kid.

After seeing pictures of last night’s crowd, my worry that there will be COVID-related forfeits this season went up a lot.
I hope SU players are wearing Hazmat suits for the next four months.

N
Mayer is all that is advertised… Kid’s a matchup nightmare, he definitely fits the description of Baby Gronk.

Sunday player all day.

And on the other side of it, I was extremely impressed by Jermaine Johnson II. Haven’t heard much about him, but, great football player.

I thought the Florida State RBs were very impressive. Shifty guys who can cut on a dime and run.

That’s not going to be a fun road trip. Never is.

N

I thought the Florida State RBs were very impressive. Shifty guys who can cut on a dime and run.

That’s not going to be a fun road trip. Never is.
FSU moved to guaranteed loss status for me. They're gonna start Milton and the offense will take off to match that hell of a pass rush.

FSU moved to guaranteed loss status for me. They're gonna start Milton and the offense will take off to match that hell of a pass rush.

Yeah, I agree.

They looked pretty formidable with Milton at the helm, so unless they go o-fer all their games between now and ours, and the team is in disarray -
I think we’re likely looking at a road L there.

not sure how the roughing the kicker was only a 5yd type? but ND went to sleep and FSU is making them pay now.
A poster on our board said last night it's because he hit the kicker's extended leg and not his plant leg. I have zero idea whether that's right or not, and I, too, thought it should have been 15 yards.

First off - he totally butchered that joke. great execution!! :rolleyes:

Secondly - his team WON.
a pretty thrilling game, on the road, in OT.
Context, dumbass.

Last - Brian Kelly killed a kid.
100%. I know the old McKay joke well and it was really funny. It made no sense based on the question he was asked and it sounded forced and dumb. And why say that after that great game(a win) and after the great Milton story? The guy is a douche

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom