Week 4 ACC/FBS Games for Sept 19-21 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Week 4 ACC/FBS Games for Sept 19-21

I
Agreed. This was a no brainer. We chose a guy with 0 coaching experience from the powerhouse of GA over a guy who was a straight winner. I hate to tell us so…
They only scored 13 on gardner webb

Last edited:
The ACC is very weak but Clemson will finish in the top ten and make the CFP.
Yes, but the only reason they might accomplish this is because they play in the ACC. No one cares that they’re curb stomping NCST after Georgia and Tennessee curb stomped them both respectively. Again, it only proves that Clemson can dominate a terrible league.

We can win our next 3 to get to 5-1 to set us up with a matchup against Pitt. That would likely include a ranked win against UNLV who I still believe we will beat. NC State looks downright awful this year. I really think we missed Haynes and Nixon on offense and we couldn’t run some of our very effective 2 RB sets.

I left the Dome frustrated last night, but still think this team can realistically make a run towards the conference title. Watching some of our competitors look awful is reinforcing it today. Fran was still the right hire, we have some dudes. We played bad last night. We were also missing how many key contributors? Tank, Haynes, Nixon, Wax, Ross, plus Barnes went out early. We have a get right game next week and then it’s go time. The takes on this board have been unreal, and I hope a lot of you eat crow.

And if those guys bring us to a 7-5 season and then we lose them all next year with this easy schedule this year. This year needs to be a 10 win season or it’s considered a huge loss and disappointment.
We be 0 3 with Chesney here

Interesting race between the Carolina schools for who can give up the most points today.
But it's always a good day when two Raleigh schools lose big.

Although Dabo seems to following some type of mercy rule with the backup qb in already.

Yes, but the only reason they might accomplish this is because they play in the ACC. No one cares that they’re curb stomping NCST after Georgia and Tennessee curb stomped them both respectively. Again, it only proves that Clemson can dominate a terrible league.
They're better than you think they are.

And thx for the assessment of the SEC, Captain Obvious. No sheet they're the best league in the country. Never would have known that if u didn't point it out.

I almost never root for Boston College - I believe their administration is composed of disgusting hypocrites who lied to get into the ACC ahead of Syracuse.

Their Red Bandana game is my lone exception, it’s turned into a family tradition that we watch that game and root for BC. My kids (who are 8 & 10 years old) know I generally despise Boston College, but I think our tradition of watching a YouTube video about Welles Crowther before the game and then rooting for BC is a good thing - it’s teaching them that there are some things bigger than football rivalries, and helping them to establish the right priorities in life.

Eh, it’s too early to make this call. Our biggest issue is talent. Fran probably gives us the best chance of accumulating talent. The issue is, you can’t go around dropping games at home to mediocre teams and expect to continually attract talent. This year is so key because a manageable schedule allows us to show out and attract recruits (HS and portal). Lose games like last night and the bloom is off the rose quickly. It’s a catch 22. Good recruiter vs good coach? Right now, the biggest infusion we need is talent. Hopefully Fran doesn’t blow it with poor coaching in the interim. The short term coaching results are shaky at best but the guy needs time too.
Would you trade our talent for JMU's? System matters and Fran is learning on the job. The JMU guy knows how to be a head coach, Fran looks the part but can he play the part...TBD.

This has been the worst Noon window in the history of modern college football. Prove me wrong. Lol.

The ONLY close game is in a weather delay. Hopefully the 3:30 window kicks things up a notch or 10

Would you trade our talent for JMU's? System matters and Fran is learning on the job. The JMU guy knows how to be a head coach, Fran looks the part but can he play the part...TBD.
TBD is right. I don’t know. I’m not a rah rah guy. So, if Fran turns out to be a bad hire, so be it. I just don’t know yet. JMU might actually have better talent top to bottom than we have. They’ve been the better program the past few years, so who knows. They’re taking it to UNC today, no doubt, but UNC is probably pretty bad. We’re going to have to wait to see. All I was saying is it takes talent to win and SU has severely lacking for years now. We still are lacking. No amount of coaching is changing that right now. I didn’t think Fran & Co. had a good night last night, but as others have pointed out, would we even have McCord et al if Fran wasn’t here? Probably not, which means we would’ve gotten pasted last night no matter who was the coach. Every situation is different. Now, Dino, I never thought he was a good coach even after 10-3 because he wasn’t. Fran shows promise. Let’s see how he matures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom