Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB

Rudy I believe is an attorney and former Syracuse student.

This is correct. He used to be a manager I believe and I think lived with RJ

That’s a horrible take if you know anything about JB at all. Past players for the most part support JB in anything he does. Even many who didn’t have the greatest relationship with him while they were here. All you have to do is go to a F4 game and no team has the number of past players in attendance as SU does. And they all speak very highly of him.

I understand all that, but the past few years haven’t exactly been kind for JB in the player relations department.

Yeah he posted stuff on instagram too and replied to a few comments. He's clearly not happy over someone not responding back to his message and "told a friend of mines that went up and asked for me no... biggest mistake going to the school"

That’s a horrible take if you know anything about JB at all. Past players for the most part support JB in anything he does. Even many who didn’t have the greatest relationship with him while they were here. All you have to do is go to a F4 game and no team has the number of past players in attendance as SU does. And they all speak very highly of him.

I remember a few months ago someone posted about how Grant and McCullough would probably never be back to Cuse due to JB’s comments when they left early...I posted a picture of both of them sitting behind the bench at the FSU game 2 years ago and in the locker room before the game. Lol.

It’s hard to jump to conclusions about any of this stuff from the outside. My impression is Syracuse players are generally very loyal to the program as they’re all over TV sitting in the stands whenever we make a run, I frequently see them at the Dome just in the few games a year I go to, the Boeheim’s Army popularity, etc.

I even ran into one of Flynn and Harris’s high school teammates in Charlotte, NC a few years ago. He noticed my Cuse shirt and started a convo. He spoke about Cuse like it was where they all wanted to go to school.

My god if that’s real then Mr. Jackson has to adjust his communication style. If you need help - truly need help - do you send a friggen Facebook message to a 70+ year old and expect that is the best way to reach out? Does Rick have a phone with voice calling capability ?? Then you blast the program and tell anybody who is listening not to go to Syracuse as a result? Add in some hint that the problem is veiled racism in the program? Good god.

That was one of my first thoughts too. Like...the b-ball offices have to have a phone number and email address where you can reliably get in touch with someone and get an answer? Seems like that would be the easiest and most reliable way to contact them - assuming he doesn’t have JB’s number anymore? I realize the assistants are all different from the Hopkins/Murphy/Fine group that he played for so maybe he doesn’t really know Autry, Griffin, and GMac? Still, have to think they wouldn’t just ignore a former player. The way Rick is seemingly freaking out...seems off.

Like others, I have no idea what happened here. Whether someone dropped the ball at SU, whether his call was intentionally not returned, if there is some misunderstanding or if Ricky is off base. No idea. But the one thing I do know is that regardless of what happened, this is NOT the way to handle it and in public. Especially the comment about other black kids. Because of this however, Belby has to remove him from the TBT team which bears JBs name and is made up of SU players.

If you need help - truly need help - do you send a friggen Facebook message to a 70+ year old and expect that is the best way to reach out.

In fairness, Facebook is probably the Bingo game/Matlock of social media platforms.

I see so many 60-70 somethings on there applauding themselves for answering such riddle memes as “can you name a movie that doesn’t contain the letter Q?”

Last edited:
I guess we are all assuming that is Rick's true account and that it wasn't hijacked by someone else.

Exactly. It's just amazing how quick certain posters are to take shots at the program on here.

Like others, I have no idea what happened here. Whether someone dropped the ball at SU, whether his call was intentionally not returned, if there is some misunderstanding or if Ricky is off base. No idea. But the one thing I do know is that regardless of what happened, this is NOT the way to handle it and in public. Especially the comment about other black kids. Because of this however, Belby has to remove him from the TBT team which bears JBs name and is made up of SU players.

He's hurt right? Isn't that the basis of this claim? He wouldn't have played this summer anyway...

I’ve seen Rick sitting in premium seats for games a few times the past 5 years or so. I doubt he paid for them himself so I know it hasn’t been a long time factor of being ignored. I imagine too it isn’t just rehab facilities he needs since he’s been playing out of the country for many years.

He's hurt right? Isn't that the basis of this claim? He wouldn't have played this summer anyway...

remove him from the roster then.

I guess we are all assuming that is Rick's true account and that it wasn't hijacked by someone else.

that is true

Ricky needed to read the fine print.

His free education for 4 years, didn’t come with free health benefits for life.

Maybe it should be good for the duration of his playing career though. Its not like Rick could skip a game because he had an exam the next day and prioritize his degree over basketball.

These kids are packing the dome so the field hockey and soccer teams that by in large noone cares about can attend SU for free and their coaches can make large salaries. That is where the money goes. Maybe its time the NCAA relegates non revenue sports to club level. SU probably can't help Rick even if they wanted since it would be a title 9 issue and they'd have to offer this to every former scholarship athlete even someone on the track or diving team. Hope it works out for him. If hes done with hoop hopefully someone in the career services center reaches out to him and points him in the correct direction for his job hunt. Not sure if he has his degree but as a 4 year player he can't be far off of it.

Last edited:
I know a bunch of guys have come back and rehabbed up there. So I’m skeptical. Facebook messenger is the worst way of contacting people. I’d never answer either.

True. I’ve had messages sent to me on there that I haven’t seen until months later...several from people that I know have my cell number. I don’t care about it or use that platform to communicate. I don’t even want it. I feel like the messenger used to be optional and separate from FB. Now it’s just automatically a part of it.

True. I’ve had messages sent to me on there that I haven’t seen until months later...several from people that I know have my cell number. I don’t care about it or use that platform to communicate. I don’t even want it. I feel like the messenger used to be optional and separate from FB. Now it’s just automatically a part of it.

Facebook messenger drives me nuts. I never get notifications when I receive one. I'll notice I have one Monday morning when I get to work, from a friend asking me to dinner or something over the weekend. Bro, you have my number, text me...

Facebook messenger drives me nuts. I never get notifications when I receive one. I'll notice I have one Monday morning when I get to work, from a friend asking me to dinner or something over the weekend. Bro, you have my number, text me...
I have never had a problem receiving notifications from Messenger. Phone chimes, screen lights up and a notification appears.
1527115304161.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom