Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB

In fairness, Facebook is probably the Bingo game/Matlock of social media platforms.

I see so many 60-70 somethings on there applauding themselves for answering such riddle memes as “can you name a movie that doesn’t contain the letter Q?”
So, you're on Facebook a lot, it seems.;)

I found the thread here that we were talking about on the BA game thread regarding Rick Jackson falling out with the program it seems. Really hope things have been repaired.

I found the thread here that we were talking about on the BA game thread regarding Rick Jackson falling out with the program it seems. Really hope things have been repaired.
If he was set to play for another team, then either we weren’t interested in him or he wasn’t interested in us. We could have added him late like Rayman, which tells me it’s the latter. Then again, Belbey made some comments about moving away from traditional centers as a strategy, so we can’t rule out the former entirely.

If he was set to play for another team, then either we weren’t interested in him or he wasn’t interested in us. We could have added him late like Rayman, which tells me it’s the latter. Then again, Belbey made some comments about moving away from traditional centers as a strategy, so we can’t rule out the former entirely.

RickJack was very not great for us the last time he played for BAarmy.
AO was better, and he wasn't really all that much of a positive either, which was a surprise.

Would LOVE to get Rak to play TBT for us, he'd be ideal.
Legit rim protection, rebounding, D, low post moves - plus solid pick & roll and pick & pop game out to midrange.
Lydon & CMac woulda been really handy to have around. Sigh.

AO was better, and he wasn't really all that much of a positive either, which was a surprise.

Legit rim protection, rebounding, D, low post moves - plus solid pick & roll and pick & pop game out to midrange.

My dream roster:
Ennis
Devendorf
Triche
Richardson
White
Gbinije
McCullough
Lydon
Christmas

My dream roster:
Ennis
Devendorf
Triche
Richardson
White
Gbinije
McCullough
Lydon
Christmas

Gillon is the ultimate Elam ending closer.
He's good to have around if for no other reason.

Agree w/ Cuse1055 - Rautins would be ideal for this.
Can play 1-3 on O *AND* D.

Silent G very similar. :cool:

It's almost too bad Melo's career resurgence is resurging. ;)

And honestly - I'd take Hak back in a heartbeat, if he's still playing as well as he had been.

Rak's got Jordan money now. No way he puts himself in jeopardy with the Covid or getting injured.

Gillon is the ultimate Elam ending closer.
He's good to have around if for no other reason.

Agree w/ Cuse1055 - Rautins would be ideal for this.
Can play 1-3 on O *AND* D.

Silent G very similar. :cool:

It's almost too bad Melo's career resurgence is resurging. ;)

And honestly - I'd take Hak back in a heartbeat, if he's still playing as well as he had been.
Gillon is fearless and clutch. Period!

Rak's got Jordan money now. No way he puts himself in jeopardy with the Covid or getting injured.

Does he? Do we (or anybody) actually know that?

Maybe MJ wants Rak to make his own way in the world?

We're all in jeopardy of Covid or getting injured, every day.
TBT honestly seems like a very low risk of the former, given their parameters and testing, etc.

TBT honestly seems like a very low risk of the former, given their parameters and testing, etc.
Isn't knowing your family has access to that level of cash just as good?

Rak's training at Michael's private gym, with his former trainer that helped him win 6 trophies, and getting prepared for his next overseas season, always hopeful he'll get the call from the NBA. Or at least, that's what I'd be doing if I was him...

While that would be a classic MJ move, I don’t see him doing that to his grandkids.

Not that I talk to mj on a daily basis but he has mjs grandchild I would assume if he ever needed some money it would be no problem.

Not that I talk to mj on a daily basis but he has mjs grandchild I would assume if he ever needed some money it would be no problem.

You assume? Well, let’s take that to the bank!
:rolleyes:

If you were worth a bil wouldn't you help your daughter and her family out? I know mj is cold blooded at times but this is family.
Larry Bird has a daughter that he has never had anything to do with. He gave money to her but never, ever, any time. We don't know these guys.

Larry Bird has a daughter that he has never had anything to do with. He gave money to her but never, ever, any time. We don't know these guys.
Google MJ and grandchild and you'll see that he's in on the grandpa thing.

If you were worth a bil wouldn't you help your daughter and her family out? I know mj is cold blooded at times but this is family.

“Helping her out” could be by allowing her and Rak to make their own way, rather than live off of MJ’s charity forever.

They are both Syracuse graduates, hell - Rak was in Grad school working on a Masters.
Dude graduated from Syracuse undergrad, all while playing D1 hoops at the highest level, in THREE YEARS. :cool:

Oh, and neither of them likely has a penny of student debt, unlike 90+% of their peers.

I’m sure it’s nice (and very cool) having an all time ICON as a pops, but -
maybe they want to make it on their own?
Like almost everybody else has to?

The worst thing you can do to a kid/young adult, is give them everything, and not have them have to work for it.
A - they’ll never appreciate it. Assume it’s a given.
B - that’s not how the real world works, so if for any reason that support went away, they’re screwed, since they never learned to fend for themselves.

“Helping her out” could be by allowing her and Rak to make their own way, rather than live off of MJ’s charity forever.

They are both Syracuse graduates, hell - Rak was in Grad school working on a Masters.
Dude graduated from Syracuse undergrad, all while playing D1 hoops at the highest level, in THREE YEARS. :cool:

Oh, and neither of them likely has a penny of student debt, unlike 90+% of their peers.

The worst thing you can do to a kid/young adult, is give them everything, and not have them have to work for it.
B - that’s not how the real world works, so if for any reason that support went away, they’re screwed, since they never learned to fend for themselves.
I'm not saying live off his charity or that they need it. I'm sure Rak is doing quite well with an su degree. But you don't think mj takes them to nice dinners or buys them nice gifts or takes them on vacations. The mens worth a cool billion.

Man, you are taking this WAY too seriously. I was just having some fun, imagining myself as the son-in-law of Michael Freakin' Jordan.

You're trying to turn this into some deep life lesson.

Man, you are taking this WAY too seriously. I was just having some fun, imagining myself as the son-in-law of Michael Freakin' Jordan.

You're trying to turn this into some deep life lesson.

Sorry. Carry on.

MJ bought me a yacht to water ski behind!! ;)

Apologies for digressing from the digression about Rakeem Christmas making the best investment in the history of SU graduates...but what a frontcourt BA would have with Rak, McCullough and Lydon.

The backcourt is already strong...might be nice to have Andy Rautins as a swing man.

But that would be a team to reckon with.

All great rosters.
How about these:

Wes
Scoop
Shakey potatoes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online