Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB

I have never had a problem receiving notifications from Messenger. Phone chimes, screen lights up and a notification appears. View attachment 128710

Man, I miss at least 90% of them.

This also might have something to do with my level of intoxication on the weekends, but I still stand behind the fact that facebook messenger sucks.

FWIW, the direct messages looked like they were sent from Rick’s Instagram account. He screen shot how the Insta DMs had been seen but no one had replied to them.

I mentioned the culture a few days ago and why players are jumping ship quickly, not coming, or not even entertaining returning from the draft and coming back.

This guy played here not even a decade ago, gave everything on the court, had success and did everything right. He carried a huge load when freshman Fab wasn’t who he thought he was and lead the team to success.

In a picture he posted he offered to pay out of pocket for treatment because he was comfortable with I’m guessing the training staff here who read the message and never responded to him.

It’s sad. I’m guessing we’ll be reading more about this on Syracuse.com and the program will do the right thing after they were outed.
Wow, you managed to pat yourself on the back and tie this into the narrative.

Wow, you managed to pat yourself on the back and tie this into the narrative.

Post on Rick’s Facebook and tell him how awful he is that he posted it.

Is providing financial / medical help to a former athlete an NCAA violation.

Post on Rick’s Facebook and tell him how awful he is that he posted it.
That’s a straw man. I’m talking about what you said, not what he said.

Is providing financial / medical help to a former athlete an NCAA violation.
The school can help after eligibility has exhausted. They just can’t have a quid pro quo system. A lot schools hire ex-athletes to jobs after they graduate.

The school could let him rehab at school if he asked and they said sure.

I am thinking this episode is just a scenario where Rick Jackson is frustrated and is lashing out at the wrong people. If he continued to try and reach out I am sure he would have gotten whatever the school could do but he lashed out and now it could hurt the situation. Hopefully it resolves itself well as I liked Rick during his time as a player. This isn’t on JB though as I doubt he even knows or would handle this stuff.

The school can help after eligibility has exhausted. They just can’t have a quid pro quo system. A lot schools hire ex-athletes to jobs after they graduate.

The school could let him rehab at school if he asked and they said sure.

I am thinking this episode is just a scenario where Rick Jackson is frustrated and is lashing out at the wrong people. If he continued to try and reach out I am sure he would have gotten whatever the school could do but he lashed out and now it could hurt the situation. Hopefully it resolves itself well as I liked Rick during his time as a player. This isn’t on JB though as I doubt he even knows or would handle this stuff.
Yeah, he’s probably going to regret the post after this is resolved. People say things in the heat of the moment. Wishing him a speedy recovery, hopefully on the Hill.

Yeah, he’s probably going to regret the post after this is resolved. People say things in the heat of the moment. Wishing him a speedy recovery, hopefully on the Hill.

"I'm doing this to save another black kid".

"Kids be careful who you choose on signing day".

Done with him if its him.

Like others, I have no idea what happened here. Whether someone dropped the ball at SU, whether his call was intentionally not returned, if there is some misunderstanding or if Ricky is off base. No idea. But the one thing I do know is that regardless of what happened, this is NOT the way to handle it and in public. Especially the comment about other black kids. Because of this however, Belby has to remove him from the TBT team which bears JBs name and is made up of SU players.

I think the torn tendon would take him off TBT, wouldnt it?

"I'm doing this to save another black kid".

"Kids be careful who you choose on signing day".

Done with him if its him.
I understand and respect your decision. I’m willing to give him a second chance if he’s contrite. You can definitely make the argument that damage has already been done.

Ruptured a tendon. Had surgery in Argentina.

Doesn't have insurance.

Wants to rehab in Syracuse.

There must be more to the story.
Those teams don't give players insurance?

Why wouldn't he simply call the SU basketball office and ask to speak to JB
Good question. That's why his message carries some stink with it. Still hoping that was someone else posting on his account.

He sounds like he feels he is entitled to use the training facilities at SU which is a steaming pile of BS once he graduates. SU would have liability if something went wrong with the training, say he steps wrong and retears a ligament. He has money go hire your own trainer.

Yeah he posted stuff on instagram too and replied to a few comments. He's clearly not happy over someone not responding back to his message and "told a friend of mines that went up and asked for me no... biggest mistake going to the school"

Doesn't sound like he is thinking too clearly anything going on today makes his decision to attend SU the "biggest mistake going to the school."

Wonder what his expectations are? Without knowing what they are, they don't seem reasonable based on his reaction 10 years after graduation? It would be great if SU took care of all of its former players forever, but I'm not too sure its reasonable to expect it.

He sounds like he feels he is entitled to use the training facilities at SU which is a steaming pile of BS once he graduates. SU would have liability if something went wrong with the training, say he steps wrong and retears a ligament. He has money go hire your own trainer.

I think he seemed more upset by not getting a response.

He’s a lawyer instead.

He went to law school with the intention of being an agent. Probably saw how hard it is to get into that field and went in a different legal direction.

Man, I miss at least 90% of them.

This also might have something to do with my level of intoxication on the weekends, but I still stand behind the fact that facebook messenger sucks.

If you are settings are such you have to go to a special place to even accept to read a message from a "non-friend", it's entirely possible whoever he sent a message to didn't even see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom