Weitsman | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anyone has a problem with someone highlighting work with a children's charity. Anything to raise awareness and generate donations is a great thing.

However, it's the posting Insta pics of the 26 year old model staying at one's apartment, or the $300K car with the insipid "that's why I rise and grind, bros!" commentary that is a bit more offputting.

But whatever, people should do what they do. Life is short. Just doesn't mean there aren't consequences sometimes.
Yeah, I see it both ways. I get why the university would be cautious or having no desire to be associated with that kind of activity but at the same time, stuff like the car and model speak to many (if not most) young recruits. That's what many inspire for themselves. Personally, I think it's over the top, but I'm 52 yrs old too.

When it comes to all coaching conversations, message boarders have an obsession with only talking about people they know. I’m guessing 95% of the people advocating for Devo and Blackwell have no clue who the DC guy is.
Did you, before Mike Waters reported it? Do you know who Raphael Chillious is?

That’s what my wife tells me when the boy is home from college.

Animation Kids GIF by Thomas And Friends

Yeah, I see it both ways. I get why the university would be cautious or having no desire to be associated with that kind of activity but at the same time, stuff like the car and model speak to many (if not most) young recruits. That's what many inspire for themselves. Personally, I think it's over the top, but I'm 52 yrs old too.

It’s still a university though. If El Chapo wanted to donate a new building they’d happily take the cash. Just need to find a middle zone between what AW is looking for and what “the law will allow.”

Did you, before Mike Waters reported it? Do you know who Raphael Chillious is?
Of course I didn’t, and don’t. I hardly follow recruiting, how would I know the names of obscure assistant coaches?

I wasn’t being critical, I was stating a fact.

I also don’t get all adamant about hires, because I, like most people here, have no clue what I’m talking about on that subject.

Of course I didn’t, and don’t. I hardly follow recruiting, how would I know the names of obscure assistant coaches?

I wasn’t being critical, I was stating a fact.

I also don’t get all adamant about hires, because I, like most people here, have no clue what I’m talking about on that subject.
Sometimes people just pass along what they hear. Maybe take it with a grain of salt.

Eh, we endured months of people yelling “Durrrr, PITINO, durrrrr, BIG NAME”.

People talk about who they know around here.
Ok. I’ve never heard of Raphael Chillious. The DEVO/Blackwell stuff came from the same guy that said Weitsman was out and there’s a new NIL guy.

Helping out SU and Helping out his brand hit a crossroads and compromises couldn’t be made by both parties.

Seems pretty simple.

Adam does great things for the community that he doesn’t shove in everybody’s face, but clearly part of the draw to be the force in NIL was the spotlight for image enhancement.

Cuse probably asked him to stop doing a few things, they had a disagreement and broke up.

Thats not to say the bridge is burnt.

Adam will still do nice things for SU and the community but it seems theres some smoothing over to do before NIL can be a thing again

Helping out SU and Helping out his brand hit a crossroads and compromises couldn’t be made by both parties.

Seems pretty simple.

Adam does great things for the community that he doesn’t shove in everybody’s face, but clearly part of the draw to be the force in NIL was the spotlight for image enhancement.

Cuse probably asked him to stop doing a few things, they had a disagreement and broke up.

Thats not to say the bridge is burnt.

Adam will still do nice things for SU and the community but it seems theres some smoothing over to do before NIL can be a thing again
If they are taking his seats and box it sounds like more then a few things to work out.

Ok. I’ve never heard of Raphael Chillious. The DEVO/Blackwell stuff came from the same guy that said Weitsman was out and there’s a new NIL guy.
That’s fine. I’m not taking a shot at people who hear legitimate things and share info.

It’s the people who are adamant that we hire names they know that are goofy. That’s not how it works.

What’s crazy to me about nil is how can a colleges be considered at fault for a booster breaking a rule. At some point the ncaa needs to write a set of rules about this and stick to it.
We already got nailed once when one of our boosters was giving out Xmas cards with $50 bills inside. If we can get screwed, we probably will.

What’s crazy to me about nil is how can a colleges be considered at fault for a booster breaking a rule. At some point the ncaa needs to write a set of rules about this and stick to it.
There is no way the NCAA is going to penalize anyone over NIL.
They will get sued by a state or player, and they will capitulate immediately.

First, Weitsman hangs out with some folks the school probably wouldn't be too happy to be associated with, even indirectly (Dan Bilzerian, Martin Shkreli come to mind). Adam is free to associate with whomever he likes but the school would be justifiably leery.
I cannot stand a lot of the folks AW associates with but the assumption that those other big ballers giving to the university don’t have their own unsavory relationships is laughable.

**coughs in Marvin Harrison**

I cannot stand a lot of the folks AW associates with but the assumption that those other big ballers giving to the university don’t have their own unsavory relationships is laughable.

Is Harrison a donor? Did not know that.

This is why the latest “word” from the NCAAs on NIL is blustery nonsense

I’d be surprised if Harrison gives money to SU. I might be wrong about that, but I’d be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom