Weitsman | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont either but hes certainly associated with the school.

As is Craig Carlton and Jon Jones via Chandler and Arthur.

Heck, I probably fall under the category of “unsavory” myself

...because he went to Syracuse 25 years ago?

Has Jon ever been to SU? I don’t recall him ever visibly supporting the school or program? I doubt anyone connects him to SU because his brothers played here, other than some diehard Cuse fans.
Exactly - and neither have any of the unsavories AW is friends with. It’s a nonissue

Has there been issues with who Weitsman allows into his box, and by default the dome?

All I can say is.. I hope SU at least found another shark to replace Adam before they canned him. But I’ve seen SU screw up easier things…

All I can say is.. I hope SU at least found another shark to replace Adam before they canned him. But I’ve seen SU screw up easier things…
this is college sports and basically the Wild West. No one is playing clean. For whatever reason this university thinks it’s Harvard but has been named best college party school year after year. Embrace it and take the guys money. It’s not like he’s marvin harrison.

this is college sports and basically the Wild West. No one is playing clean. For whatever reason this university thinks it’s Harvard but has been named best college party school year after year. Embrace it and take the guys money. It’s not like he’s marvin harrison.
So depressing

Yeah, I don't know about all of this. I would be kidding if I didn't say that with the emergence of Adam, I was excited. It felt like finally we would now be able to compete against programs that seemed to always have the upper hand. On the other hand, I didn't like how he became as big of a story as anything else program related.

With all of this NIL crap, every big time program has their "dudes". It's just a matter of how much of the spotlight they take care to have. Here is Miami's dude (Ruiz). He appears to like the spotlight.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 114014.jpg

Hopefully SU administration knows what they're doing and has enough other donors who can support what we need to compete in this new NIL era. If we don't, that will be very frustrating especially with Red taking over. He needs proper support to land some of these recruits!

That all said, one thing I've wondered about with Adam and SU, how can adminstration distance themselves from him? Meaning, NIL isn't tied to the university (at least not supposed to), so can't Adam just give SU administration the middle finger and keep doing what he's doing?

Last edited:
Still waiting on the whole story, highly doubt the university cut him off because of a couple Instagram posts and some parking spots.

I haven’t dove into this subject much, but if this isn’t the most Syracuse athletics things of all time. Classic. Get excited to be let down. I should’ve known this relationship could never actually be a long term successful way of taking advantage of the new NIL landscape. I should’ve known

There is no way the NCAA is going to penalize anyone over NIL.
They will get sued by a state or player, and they will capitulate immediately.
Only way they will penalize anyone is if the school accepts the punishments. Miami accepted the punishments for the WBB program and Ruiz wanted to sue but he couldn’t bc of the acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom