Weitsman | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what and I haven’t met him but if they can’t work it out it has to be the most moronic thing SU has done but one question I’d have for Weistman is should the entire da base suffer for a few people in the admin building? I mean unless he truly doesn’t care which I find hard to believe can anyone even ask him that question

Exactly.

If you are responding to a statement made here about him negatively but really don't know his history, I suggest you Google Adam Weitsman, find out who the man is, what he's done and doing.

He is as kcsu said a class act.
Is Doug Gottlieb a class act?

You know what and I haven’t met him but if they can’t work it out it has to be the most moronic thing SU has done but one question I’d have for Weistman is should the entire da base suffer for a few people in the admin building? I mean unless he truly doesn’t care which I find hard to believe can anyone even ask him that question
Why is this SU’s fault? Maybe SU gave AW some guidelines and he refused to follow them so they cut him loose. I have a hard time believing any other alternative

I get the impression this is a very repairable relationship, but the school’s representation above the athletic department needs to step up and support the NIL initiative.

Is Doug Gottlieb a class act?
I really don't get your question.

What does Adam Weitsman have to do with Gottlieb? But here is some info on Doug you may find interesting:

Coaching​

Along with then-University of Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl, Gottlieb helped coach the United States team at the 2009 Maccabiah Games. He coached Team USA in basketball at the 2017 Maccabiah Games, winning a gold medal as the USA defeated France in the final in Jerusalem.[19] He had formerly won a gold medal at the Maccabiah Games as a player, but said "It is more special to win as a coach."[19]

Honors​

On June 26, 2011, Gottlieb was inducted into the Southern California Jewish Sports Hall of Fame.[22] He is a member of the Oklahoma State University Foundation Board of Governors.[23] In January 2016, Gottlieb became a national spokesman for the American Cancer Society.[24]

Personal life​

Gottlieb is Jewish.[25][26] He met his wife Angie, a native of Drumright, Oklahoma, and fellow Oklahoma State alum, while attending Oklahoma State and has been married since August 2000.[13] The couple has three children.[27] In November 2014, Bob Gottlieb, Doug's father, died of cancer. Gottlieb shared his father's death on Facebook and tens of basketball teams, high school and college, wore orange in Bob's honor. His brother Gregg is an assistant coach for the Grand Canyon University Women's basketball team. His sister Wendy, formerly worked in marketing for the Oakland Raiders, is currently involved in philanthropy in Northern California.
more on Gottlieb:Gottlieb: The mistakes I made, and the price I paid
:)

Last edited:
Gottliebs mother went to SU and was friends w JB during their college years.

1. this is college sports and basically the Wild West. No one is playing clean.
Agreed
2. For whatever reason this university thinks it’s Harvard
I'm not sure on what you base this assumption and I'm not sure Harvard is the moral bellwether any university should follow.
3. but has been named best college party school year after year.
Those ratings are completely meaningless. Anyone who has spent time at big state schools would not put SU at the top.
4. Embrace it and take the guys money.
Agreed

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.

LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME, LOVE ME.

I know the guy does great things for the community. But he can be really exhausting.
Well, you can ignore him. The only time I see/hear about him is during SU games when they show him on tv, or when someone on here complains about him.
Don't follow him on social media and you really won't hear about him or see him.

Why is this SU’s fault? Maybe SU gave AW some guidelines and he refused to follow them so they cut him loose. I have a hard time believing any other alternative

Not sure they “cut him loose”. The women’s team kept their best player Fair for a 5th year thanks, according to Fair, to Adam.

Well, you can ignore him. The only time I see/hear about him is during SU games when they show him on tv, or when someone on here complains about him.
Don't follow him on social media and you really won't hear about him or see him.
I do ignore him. I stopped following him on Instagram after a month.

Someone literally posted his Story here! Come on people.

All three with a fourth opening soon. Elephant and the Dove is outstanding! Can’t wait to try the sushi place
Theres a sushi spot? Where

I did the same, it was overwhelming
Again, it doesn’t bother me in the least. He’s an “influencer” and posts as such. Whatever.

It’s just so weird that some folks feel the need to push back against the notion that he fancies himself a social influencer who calls attention to himself. He does. It’s like literally indisputable.

It doesn’t mean he doesn’t do good.

I’ll be honest I don’t care why Syracuse soured this relationship the fact is it’s a complete lack of awareness on what’s going on in big time college sports. This is a business now and in this business you need to fight and grow to survive. Sitting on morals or whatever is fine but you might as well drop down to SUNY league. You need NIL money and as much of it as possible. On top of all that you need to be relevant because if you think conferences realignment is over you’re insane. Winning and $$$ maybe the only thing that keeps you with the big boys and if the Chancellor or whoever doesn’t realize that then they need to be removed asap or say we don’t want to be in this world and go play D3.

Were you just picking random alums (and siblings of alums) who ran afoul of the law at one point in their lives?
1) Bones Jones isn’t an alum

2) Your description of my “random” selection process is inherently not random.

3) i pay so little attention to that man I can’t spell his name.

I’ll be honest I don’t care why Syracuse soured this relationship the fact is it’s a complete lack of awareness on what’s going on in big time college sports. This is a business now and in this business you need to fight and grow to survive. Sitting on morals or whatever is fine but you might as well drop down to SUNY league. You need NIL money and as much of it as possible. On top of all that you need to be relevant because if you think conferences realignment is over you’re insane. Winning and $$$ maybe the only thing that keeps you with the big boys and if the Chancellor or whoever doesn’t realize that then they need to be removed asap or say we don’t want to be in this world and go play D3.
Why do you assume SU “soured” something? We have people on this page of the thread saying Weitsman paid a Woman’s hoops player to stay.

SU hoops was on a serious probation all of 6 years ago. The *second* one that occured on the previous HC’s watch. I get not wanting a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom