Weitsman | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Mr. Weitsman first appear on the SU booster scene? 2010? 2015?

Seems like the Weitsman rumors might be true unfortunately. Listened to Devo and Kris Jo podcast this morning and Devo brought it up and it sounds basically word for word whats been described by some here. Around the 48 minute mark here for those that want to check it out:

Last edited:
Seems like the Wetisman rumors might be true unfortunately. Listened to Devo and Kris Jo podcast this morning and Devo brought it up and it sounds basically word for word whats been described by some here. Around the 48 minute mark here for those that want to check it out:

Language warning for those that haven't listened yet ( which for Devo goes without saying lol)

Yeah, I don’t think it’s too likely we’re ever going to see “SU assistant coach Eric Devendorf.” For real bro.
I was just thinking that...

Devo isn’t wrong tho. Losing Weitsman will result in losing recruits strictly bc of NIL (not all obviously , but this hurts)

Don't know what the issues are, but could see the school saying...

"OK, so regarding you're NIL offers, we can't have you doing X, Y, and Z (likely related to his very public announcements and postings).

To which, Weitsman may have said...

"If I am donating NIL offers, I am absolutely doing X, Y and Z. That's not even negotiable."

To which the school may have said "Keep your money. No Thanks.."

Or something of that ilk...

Either way, it's now on the school to replace him with someone with deep pockets who WILL play by their rules... and if they can't, FAIL...

Id still like to know the whole story. I highly doubt SU put up with these shenanigans for the whole year and NOW decide that it was too much. As it is with most situations, it is likely more complex then it seems and there is certainly more to the story.

Last edited:
Don't know what the issues are, but could see the school saying...

"OK, so regarding you're NIL offers, we can't have you doing X, Y, and Z (likely related to his very public announcements and postings).

To which, Weitsman may have said...

"If I am donating NIL offers, I am absolutely doing X, Y and Z. That's not even negotiable."

To which the school may have said "Keep your money. No Thanks.."

Or something of that ilk...

Either way, it's now on the school to replace him with someone with deep pockets who WILL play by their rules... and if they can't, FAIL...

Think this is VERY close to what happened

I appreciate if AW can help the team with NIL, but we have all been complaining about UK, KU, Duke and all the usual suspects getting the top players each year, and the bag, legal or illegal and now NIL that will keep these schools on top. But, do we ever hear names and see faces? Why is AW prominent in the news and gets camera time at the games? Dude need to lay low and stop the self promotion and attention to who he is and what he is doing. We need him and appreciate what he can do to get recruits but subtlety and discretion are both important when NIL is still somewhat blurry and questionable by many.

I appreciate if AW can help the team with NIL, but we have all been complaining about UK, KU, Duke and all the usual suspects getting the top players each year, and the bag, legal or illegal and now NIL that will keep these schools on top. But, do we ever hear names and see faces? Why is AW prominent in the news and gets camera time at the games? Dude need to lay low and stop the self promotion and attention to who he is and what he is doing. We need him and appreciate what he can do to get recruits but subtlety and discretion are both important when NIL is still somewhat blurry and questionable by many.

He likely doesn't want to play by an arbitrary set of additional rules the school is placing on him, especially if everything he is doing is legal.

That said, he's about as shameless a self-promoter as you could get, so I am not surprised the school wants him flying a little lower below radar.

That said, if the issues are irreconcilable, it's on the school to find a replacement for him that will play by their additional set of rules.

What, you don’t bring your own personal photographer to document all of the good deeds you do and all of the celebrities you hang out with?

Sometimes... but only for the A-List rappers sand celebs.

Seems like the Weitsman rumors might be true unfortunately. Listened to Devo and Kris Jo podcast this morning and Devo brought it up and it sounds basically word for word whats been described by some here. Around the 48 minute mark here for those that want to check it out:
Hilarious. What Devo says here might be more negative about the University than everything Axe said combined the past month.

For once can the university stop trying to be the “nice guy” who goes to church and combs their hair? Nice guys finish last for a reason.

Just live a little. Get slapped on the wrist a little. And win some effin games!

Look, I want Weitsman to help. I want to be the best team. He gives us that chance to compete with others the way NIL is. From everything Weitsman has ever done, it’s all about him. He brings famous people to games for his own exposure. There really isn’t any other reason why he would do this. With NIL he will do it, but again it all comes back to him. He doesn’t want to do it if it doesn’t bring attention back to him. He doesn’t want to spend money if he is not recognized for it.

IMO he will never agree to donate towards NIL unless he is recognized for it. He will refuse to play by the schools rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom