Welcome to the JMA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the JMA

Yes, these kinds of high tech businesses, especially in critical areas, are just what the area needs.
Yes we need high paying jobs. So much money has to be invested in these plants the likelihood of them leaving shortly after the incentives evaporate is almost non-existent.

These businesses will create low and medium tech support jobs too.

We'll see if the Aquarium gets passed. I actually support it. If you are going to get better as a community you need quality of life improvements.
I was against it at first but after poo pooing projects in auburn and now seeing how much they improved the community im all for it , the amphitheater is another great example. Everyone always complains there’s nothing to do. Then get mad when they actually try to bring something positive.

We'll see if the Aquarium gets passed. I actually support it. If you are going to get better as a community you need quality of life improvements.
It looks like McMahon has the votes. He had to reach across the aisle to make it happen. We’ll see next Tuesday.

I could not agree more Mark. The never change anything segment of the population in CNY was against closing a portion of Erie Boulevard so the Clinton Square venue/ice rink could be built and claimed the amphitheater was waste of money. They are both examples of what can happen if we have a positive attitude and think outside the box because we need these types of venues to entice the younger generation to stay in CNY.

I honestly believe the aquarium will be the first step in transforming the inner harbor into a dining/entertainment area like Jacksonville, FL.

I could not agree more Mark. The never change anything segment of the population in CNY was against closing a portion of Erie Boulevard so the Clinton Square venue/ice rink could be built and claimed the amphitheater was waste of money. They are both examples of what can happen if we have a positive attitude and think outside the box because we need these types of venues to entice the younger generation to stay in CNY.

I honestly believe the aquarium will be the first step in transforming the inner harbor into a dining/entertainment area like Jacksonville, FL.
The aquarium at the inner harbor is the perfect catalyst. Thankfully they never put one in the mall. All aquariums should be next to water.

I just hope $85M is enough to do it right. Borrow some if you need to. Inflation is going to hammer the overall cost when all is said and done.

It better be salt water. A minor fresh water component to satisfy the reaserach olive branch is ok. (BTW- I love aquariums.)
Just curious, are you planning to swim in it? Why does it matter? I don’t know enough on the topic. If this became the largest freshwater aquarium in the United States that would seem like a great selling point.

Or maybe start fresh and add salt later if needed. We should have plenty stockpiled with all the mild winters.

I 100% agree… sounds like it has the votes. Tuesday will be a big day.

Just curious, are you planning to swim in it? Why does it matter? I don’t know enough on the topic. If this became the largest freshwater aquarium in the United States that would seem like a great selling point.

Or maybe start fresh and add salt later if needed. We should have plenty stockpiled with all the mild winters.
A two phase approach could work. Salt water allows a lot of variety though

Agree. Takes a few ambitious folks to get the ball rolling. The Syracuse tech scene has potential. Stop the brain drain out of the area...plus, having access to a Great Lake for water resources will be far more valuable in the next 50 years than ever before.

I would vote for Rob Simpson for public office. He's a brilliant guy who has single-handedly done a ton of work behind the scenes to make these things happen.

It's about the quality of species you can have for your attractions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom