Welcome to the McCord era | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the McCord era

Props to McCord he had a heck of a day. The entire passing game looked good.

Defense has some soul searching to do and they need to figure out to disengage from blocks and set the edge in the next few days. I have no doubt brown will celebrate with the guys for a minute and given that he doesn’t sleep I suspect he will be in the film before nights end.

McCord is money with a clean pocket, and Gadsden uses his size well and catches almost everything that hits him in the hands. As a result, when all else fails those two should be almost impossible to stop on short crossers. OL won't have to block for long, and OG doesn't even need to be open.

The other great thing is McCord's ability to throw with anticipation on the deep ball, meaning the OL doesn't need to block for quite as long.

McCord made some throws look effortless. His cross field toss to Hatcher (arm strength), toss to OG in 2nd half with 3 guys on him was perfectly placed, the two dimes to Pena (Pena deserves some love from the fans, McCord didn't just like him in the Spring it would appear). Love his overall play.
Did not like how we scripted first series though. 3 and out with all three passes was horrible. Nixon called better balance as game progressed. I still want more Willis than Nixon.
By the way did Willis break the plane on TV on that3rd and goal? Did not see replay at game but for one shot and ball looked in.

McCord made some throws look effortless. His cross field toss to Hatcher (arm strength), toss to OG in 2nd half with 3 guys on him was perfectly placed, the two dimes to Pena (Pena deserves some love from the fans, McCord didn't just like him in the Spring it would appear). Love his overall play.
Did not like how we scripted first series though. 3 and out with all three passes was horrible. Nixon called better balance as game progressed. I still want more Willis than Nixon.
By the way did Willis break the plane on TV on that3rd and goal? Did not see replay at game but for one shot and ball looked in.
Yes - that was a tuddy.

The kid is special even though I almost lost my nachos on the first throw. Peña is looking what the coaches said he looked like (even though I didn’t believe it 100 pct). Quite a game by the O

I can’t believe how good Pena looks. I’m shocked. I admit to taking the L on him at WR. He’s fantastic.

Kyle, OG, LQA, Haynes and Pena are a force.

Meeks had a catch that I audibly gasped at.

Keep the pocket relatively clean and McCord will put up numbers this year that will be astounding.

Kyle also sprayed the ball around and kept everyone engaged and the D on their toes.

We have work to do, but great start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom