Western Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan

Liberty just beat UB by 18 and they’re one of the best teams in the MAC
i bet UB will be horrible this year, all their good players left, i doubt they have depth

Do they have corners who can play man vs Jackson and Harris and a DL who can get consistent pressure with 3 or 4? That’s the ball game, IMO.

Am I misremembering or did Liberty use a three man line like Clemson did? Might be part of the issue running the ball.

I think a lot also depends on the injury report. If we are still missing heckel, and Williams, and if some of our guys in the secondary are still dinged up this game could get very interesting, is a scary way.

I think a lot also depends on the injury report. If we are still missing heckel, and Williams, and if some of our guys in the secondary are still dinged up this game could get very interesting, is a scary way.

Heckel and Williams are both likely still out per Dino's non comments today. Would be shocked if either played. Melifonwu doesn't sound likely either.

Uttering the words Scott Shafer right now are BS. The guy was so in overhead as a HC I don't want to even think about it.

We got are a$$ kicked 2 weeks in a row. That doesn't mean we are back to the Shafer level. The Shafer level is having a leader who isn't composed on the sidelines and can't conduct a press conference without causing fans to cringe.

You're right, I acknowledged that above that I was overreacting.

Tennessee sucks. Georgia State sucks. Despite being 2-1 look at their computer ranking. They barely beat Furman.

Last year was our first game and on the road. Our D is a lot better this time around which is at home. WMU is probably around the 75th best team. Sure we could lose to them. But being scared of this game is silly.

Are we better than Tennessee?

Sagarin has us at #56 and WMU at #66. it would be a mild upset if they won.

Being a 6.5 point favorite translates into a 67.7% chance of winning in college football. So I wouldn't say I'm "scared" per se, but 67.7% foul shooters have been known to miss.
Especially with the game on the line.

Just realized Daoust isn't the DC there, anymore. DL coach at Sam Houston State

Liberty just beat UB by 18 and they’re one of the best teams in the MAC
True. Buffalo led Penn State at the half, and hung close to them until the latter part of the 3rd quarter. Penn State QB threw for 4 TDs against Buffalo, and won 45-13.

Buckshot also threw for 4 TDs against Buffalo, and won 35-17. Maybe Liberty isn’t so bad after all.

Yeah but they have Lester who is 15-13 overall and 9-7 in the MAC after taking over a 13-1 team that was coached by a recruiter.
Had to retype what I was going to say after rereading it lol.

People are completely losing their minds.

If we played defense like we did against Clemson we have a good shot to beat Maryland.

Our defense wasn't prepared for Maryland. It was a terrible preparation. We played soft and let their speed get into space.
Against Clemson we had an equally awful offensive gameplan. The OL and playcalling were atrocious.

Western Michigan is less talented than the worst ACC team. We are going to be fine in this game as long the coaches prepare the team properly.
No they are not. They would win 3 to 5 games.

danger.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom