Western Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan

Liberty was something like the third most returning experience in the country.

WMU does had weapons, although our secondary had an awful game last year as much as their QB had a good game
Looking at this game i give Western a huge edge at QB, WR, OL and RB. We have superior talent at every position on defense with the exception of DT which i give to Western. We are much better in the kicking game. Return teams are a push.
Their QB is excellent and will be one of the top 3-4 QBs we face this year. Unless the D plays lights out we are in for a very difficult game.

This is probably just my brain trying to rationalize my disappointment, but I’m looking forward to just a no-frills, Noon-start, 35k attendance, low pressure football game against a non-sexy opponent to get back on track.

This is probably just my brain trying to rationalize my disappointment, but I’m looking forward to just a no-frills, Noon-start, 35k attendance, low pressure football game against a non-s e xy opponent to get back on track.
You might have to wait until next week.

This is what some on here were saying before the Maryland game. Remember? No chance we could lose to Locksley.
anomander said:
I'll say it. There is absolutely no way we are going to lose Saturday. We aren't that bad. I still think this is an 8 win football team.
Orangepassion: This sounds very familiar
What does?

Dino keeps saying it will take between the 5th and 6th game to see significant improvement with the offense. I wasn't encouraged by his comments in the preseason either. I think we win at home against WMU, but it will be close tough game. The offense is really, really, really not good right now. I hope I'm wrong and we roll them.

Anomander is a good poster but people have to drop the absolutes with this team. I mean if the first three games weren't a wake up call I am not sure what will be.

This is right on. I'm personally resetting what I think will happen in this game to:

OL: *ANY* success pass blocking (easier task vs WMU than last week lol), Opening up holes for RB's more consistently
QB: TD shows off his arm as WMU plays less man on WRs and he has more time to make throws, No dumb INT
RB: Big runs from both Moe and Adams
WR: Jackson and Harris make up for their drops last week and start to show their quality, Trying to get the slot guy worked into the offense (not sure what the issue is here)

DL: Pressure, more like Liberty and less like Maryland/Clemson (3 sacks, a bunch of TFL)
LB: Steady improvement mentally (being in the right spots more than not)
Secondary: Shut them down, mostly (no issues like last year where they get behind our S)

no excuses, anyone who has watched Michigan State the last two years knows that their offense has looked like what ours looks like right now (ie hot garbage). they scored 36 points total in their last 4 games last year (Rutgers held them to 14), and they look like crap again this year with the entire offense returning. What was an exception? The 50 points they put up on WMU a couple of weeks ago. Now, I am not guaranteeing a win by any means, hell yeah we can lose this game, but I don't care how crappola the OL has been, they better get it together this week.

Last edited:
This is what some on here were saying before the Maryland game. Remember? No chance we could lose to Locksley.

I certainly didn’t think that. I thought we were in big trouble for Maryland. WMU, not so much

Interesting that the WR who torched us last year (Eskridge) is now playing CB for WMU

Interesting that the WR who torched us last year (Eskridge) is now playing CB for WMU

They lost a good amount of people to transfer and attrition. They were really hurting in the secondary which is why he moved I believe. They also lost their top WR to transfer.

Former top WR. The guys WMU has now are as good if not better than Reed. I get why he transferred. Watch for Ricci at TE as well. I'd say this WMU offense is more complete than last year and just as explosive.

Eskridge plays both ways now in certain games, I'm curious if Lester will put him in against Syracuse.

Former top WR. The guys WMU has now are as good if not better than Reed. I get why he transferred. Watch for Ricci at TE as well. I'd say this WMU offense is more complete than last year and just as explosive.

Eskridge plays both ways now in certain games, I'm curious if Lester will put him in against Syracuse.

How's your OL?

This is probably just my brain trying to rationalize my disappointment, but I’m looking forward to just a no-frills, Noon-start, 35k attendance, low pressure football game against a non-s e xy opponent to get back on track.
That is what I said going into the Akron Home game under GRob...LOL

Thankfully Babers is no GRob

ubish welcome to our board. Is there a WMU fan board besides the one at CSNBBS.com? If so,, can you supply a link? Are you coming to the game?

If we do lose I'd say our chances of getting a bowl game are super slim. The players should be playing with their backs against the wall.

Totally agree. “IF” they lose this game my whole perception of what I thought of this team are gone and I would probably say we wouldn’t even come close to making a bowl game. I just don’t think we are as bad as some are making out. I really think having Clemson in week 3 hurt us the first 2 games . I think our defense is going to be very good and are ST’s excellent. It will come down to what we can get from the OL and QB.

Totally agree. “IF” they lose this game my whole perception of what I thought of this team are gone and I would probably say we wouldn’t even come close to making a bowl game. I just don’t think we are as bad as some are making out. I really think having Clemson in week 3 hurt us the first 2 games . 1 I think our defense is going to be very good and are ST’s excellent. It will come down to what we can get from the OL and QB.

Looks like we will get them week 1 next year maybe it will be good to get them out of the way quickly. The team the fans and the athletic department created a week 3 monster that this team was obviously not ready for. Time to right the ship starting this week, do that and two weeks of easy living and hopefully return to health follow

Looks like we will get them week 1 next year maybe it will be good to get them out of the way quickly. The team the fans and the athletic department created a week 3 monster that this team was obviously not ready for. Time to right the ship starting this week, do that and two weeks of easy living and hopefully return to health follow
Nailed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom