What DePaul up 11 on Seton Hall | Syracusefan.com

What DePaul up 11 on Seton Hall

13 point halftime lead for DePaul get ready for UConn/WVU on Thursday great.

I don't have the numbers to back this up but Depaul has to be the worst second half team in the conference so it wouldn't surprise me to be SHU win this one, but if you're the Hall, you can't find yourself in this situation. Have to drop the hammer early on a crap team.

I don't have the numbers to back this up but Depaul has to be the worst second half team in the conference so it wouldn't surprise me to be SHU win this one, but if you're the Hall, you can't find yourself in this situation. Have to drop the hammer early on a crap team.

Nova has something to say about that

UConn is the 10 seed no matter and in the opposite bracket. The outcome only decides if the order of 8th vs 9th between SH and WVU.

Somehow Rutgers winning tonight also plays a role in this whole equation. Must be a common opponent thing? Rutgers has to win and so does DePaul in order for Uconn to get the 9 seed.

UConn is the 10 seed no matter and in the opposite bracket. The outcome only decides if the order of 8th vs 9th between SH and WVU.
No that isnt right. I think they can still get the 9

No that isnt right. I think they can still get the 9

If they tie at 8-10, don't they look to how they did against the #1 seed. SHU was 0-1, which is better than being being 0-2, as UCONN was.

If they tie at 8-10, don't they look to how they did against the #1 seed. SHU was 0-1, which is better than being being 0-2, as UCONN was.

I thought they went to the mini conference/head-to-head and then to whichever team beat the highest ranked team.

I thought they went to the mini conference/head-to-head and then to whichever team beat the highest ranked team.

Right. They split the season series though so same difference.

Found this link on the storz board:

In all likelihood, UConn will be the No. 10 seed in the Big East tournament.
But there is a way the Huskies could move up to No. 9, which would give them a first-round matchup with DePaul and a second-round game against eighth-seeded West Virginia.
Basically, it boils down to the tiebreaker, which was just explained to me by a source close to the UConn program and, trust me, isn’t worth mapping out. It’s a very complicated scenario that can be summed up like this: If Rutgers beats St. John’s tonight and DePaul upsets Seton Hall, UConn moves past the Pirates and takes the No. 9 seed.
If neither of those things happen, the Huskies (18-12, 8-10 Big East) will be slotted at No. 10. They’ll face No. 15 Providence Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Upon further review:

It basically comes down to UCONN's win over ND as the tie-break. I don't think the Rutgers-SJU means jackshit.

2(b)(3) is the applicable provision

http://www.bigeast.org/fls/19400/pdfs/men_basketball/tie-breaker10.pdf
Poppy they just said on the DePaul-Seton Hall game the Big East sent a memo if DePaul wins and they will the 9 seed will be determined by the Rutgers-ST. John's game. If RU wins UConn 9 seed if SJU wins SHU 9 seed. The reason the ND win doesn't count is because UConn played them twice and SHU only played them once.

Poppy they just said on the DePaul-Seton Hall game the Big East sent a memo if DePaul wins and they will the 9 seed will be determined by the Rutgers-ST. John's game. If RU wins UConn 9 seed if SJU wins SHU 9 seed. The reason the ND win doesn't count is because UConn played them twice and SHU only played them once.

Correct, I was just about to post this. ND game is rendered meaningless.

One positive, now is this RU-St. John's game gives us another reason to root against RU.

Marsh I don't get why this RU-St. John's game matters? UConn was 0-1 and SHU was 1-1 against RU and both teams were 1-0 against St. John's? Do you understand why? BTW RU up early 7-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom