What has Benny done to deserve... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

What has Benny done to deserve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has more potential than any player on the roster outside of Jesse. God forbid he is allowed to stay in and have a chance to do something positive.
I was as high on him as anyone before the season and I don't see anything there that resembles a basketball player. I mean I have had him as my avatar since at least July and was talking him up as much as anyone before the season so I can admit that I am shocked at how poorly he has been.

Besides being able to run and jump what potential do you see? Because he doesn't shoot well. He doesn't handle the ball. And he doesn't finish.

Edwards always had good hands and a touch around the basket. Some of these skills to play basketball come easy to players. The game does not seem to come easy to Benny.

If you compare him to Matthew Moyer what does Benny give that Moyer didn't?

Nah. Fans said Jesse had to get better. He did. He then got more and more PT. He worked his way into a starting position.
No, noooo. Not in here…

I was as high on him as anyone before the season and I don't see anything there that resembles a basketball player. I mean I have had him as my avatar since at least July and was talking him up as much as anyone before the season so I can admit that I am shocked at how poorly he has been.

Besides being able to run and jump what potential do you see? Because he doesn't shoot well. He doesn't handle the ball. And he doesn't finish.

Edwards always had good hands and a touch around the basket. Some of these skills to play basketball come easy to players. The game does not seem to come easy to Benny.

If you compare him to Matthew Moyer what does Benny give that Moyer didn't?
Usually on same page as you and respect the take. But, I really hope Benny is here next yr and the yrs after to show the extreme difference in players.

All of you “failure in evaluation” and benny was a “bust of a recruit” guys better apologize to all of us down the road. Just like Edwards. I had most of the same posters telling me I was crazy to think he deserved to play last yr. Then look at the end of the season and this season…
Speaking for myself, Benny clearly has the athleticism to become an impact player down the road. So I don’t know what people should be apologizing for. The failure in evaluation is that he could be an impact player this year. He clearly hasn’t been. And we seemingly built a limited roster anticipating that he would be. I suspect everyone is hoping like hell he will be next year.

He didn't exactly have a lot of competition for minutes at forward, and hasn't been able to carve out many as it is. Most of that falls on him.
All 5 starters were set once Jimmy transferred. Even Devo said before the season… Jim is gonna start his kid.

How do we know he wouldn’t have been an impact player if Jimmy hadn’t come here?
Oy. How do we know I wouldn’t be as wealthy as Elon Musk if I had a tuna salad sandwich on Wednesday, June 19, 1993?

Benny’s been getting minutes all season and has done almost nothing with them.

Oy. How do we know I wouldn’t be as wealthy as Elon Musk if I had a tuna salad sandwich on Wednesday, June 19, 1993?

Benny’s been getting minutes all season and has done almost nothing with them.
He has been given far from a fair opportunity. He enters the game on egg shells. And if there is a 3 given up in between Benny and Buddy, guess who all the blame is on? Guess who is getting benched?

All 5 starters were set once Jimmy transferred. Even Devo said before the season… Jim is gonna start his kid.
Sure, maybe were the starters were set, but not the distribution of minutes. I can recall JB doling out substantial playing time to three (or even four) guards when their talents and performance in games and practices warranted. That just didn't happen with this group of forwards so far.

He has been given far from a fair opportunity. He enters the game on egg shells. And if there is a 3 given up in between Benny and Buddy, guess who all the blame is on? Guess who is getting benched?
Benny got roughly 15-20 minutes in ten of our first 15 games this year:

He didn’t do much with those minutes. But “eggshells”.

I get that everything JB does this season is wrong, but in this case Benny has to own that he’s squandered a multitude of chances to contribute.

He didn’t do much with those minutes. But “eggshells”.

I get that everything JB does this season is wrong, but in this case Benny has to own that he’s squandered a multitude of chances to contribute.
Looked great in the Wake game and couldn’t get 2nd half time in a blowout? He needs to grow. One good game can do wonders for him at this point.

Last edited:
That’s before his sons lol. He used to have doghouse guys, sure. But was a dif coach for sure- pre boeheim’s
Only one of the forwards Benny is competing with for time is related to JB.

I’m not saying he should take anything more than rest minutes from Cole. There’s a forward who is constantly beat and rebounded over…

Looked great in the Wake game and couldn’t get 2nd half time in a blowout? He needs to grow. One good game can do wonders for him at this point.
Great? 2-7 with 2 boards. He was fine. People obsess over every decent possession he has like they’re cheering on a mediocre 9 year old.

I keep hearing people say that one good game or one dunk or one jumper going down will flip the switch. I'm thinking that's a pipe dream.

Benny was part of that calculus. JB thought he’d be the third forward. If the kid played like Woody or Braswell he’d be getting 20 minutes a game.
Maybe...I don't think anyone can say for certainty.

I remember people on the board insisting I was wrong for suggesting Symir playing 20 mins a game was insanity.

7 mins yesterday.

Great? 2-7 with 2 boards. He was fine. People obsess over every decent possession he has like they’re cheering on a mediocre 9 year old.
He missed a few At the end I believe, but he was extremely active and deserved more minutes.

It would not have taken much for Benny to get more time. Just play ok. He failed to do that. All the “he’s on eggshells” crap is nonsense. A good player gets it done. There are no handouts. Maybe the worst thing that happened to him is being ranked a 5 star recruit.

It would not have taken much for Benny to get more time. Just play ok. He failed to do that. All the “he’s on eggshells” crap is nonsense. A good player gets it done. There are no handouts. Maybe the worst thing that happened to him is being ranked a 5 star recruit.
But Jimmy can fall down while dribbling, lose his defender and get boarded over- all in a row, and not be taken out or reprimanded. How is that ok?

Cmon, we know this is a completely dif season for the kid if Jimmy wasn’t on the roster. He’s a day 1 starter and doesn’t have a microscope on him.
So if they didn’t have better players than him, he’d have started.

So if they didn’t have better players than him, he’d have started.
Put it this way, Jaden Ivey could be swapped with Jimmy, and Benny would be playing the same aMt of minutes.

All you starry eyed Benny supporters would support him better just stifling it. It just makes others post what he has actually done this year. Let the kid figure it out. Maybe he will improve on the court like Jesse did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom