What I expect at this point… | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

What I expect at this point…

Sean Miller, Pitino, Jerome Tang, Dennis Gates, Drew Valentine, Micah Shrewsberry, Niko Medved (Colorado State), Grant McCasland, Boynton (it’s hard to recruit to Oklahoma State…he might do well here.).
I attended yesterday's Penn State comeback win vs. Maryland and came away very impressed by Micah Shrewsberry. After the game -- which was Senior Day -- he (impromptu) grabbed the mic on the court and said kind words about all of the seniors, while the student section remained. The words were from the heart and sincere. It was very impressive.

Penn State had a great comeback, too. They were down 50-35 in the second half and ended up winning 65-64 on a last-second putback.

I have no dog in this fight. Neither one has been a head coach, so you're taking a chance either way. If we're definitely staying in-house, I'll take the guy with a decade more coaching experience than the other, as well as time spent seeing how a different program/system is run.

Red.

Agreed, no need to be cryptic.

If Red can recruit the rest falls into a place. A winning coach will carry a room on his own way.

He needs to relate to players and their families.
This is not an exact comparison but Siena has had 10 head coaches since Mike Deane in the 80's, four of them ending up with losing records. Turns out that two of the four (Patsos and Buonaguro) were extremely personable but neither ended up coaching again after being let go by Siena.

The other two (Beyer and Lanier) were both more reserved, pretty good recruiters but could not get the wins they needed at the time when they were let go. However both have gone on to very successful careers as assistant coaches and Lanier is now a HC again.

None of that means anything, except seeing first hand what happens with a turnstile of head coaches. Red wouldn't be my first choice, but with the proper staff, I think he can be successful.

IF Red I’m surprised at Benny leaving - wasn’t his AAU coach in Reds wedding or something like that? Red seems to have a lot invested in Benny and they seem close - if JB stays 100% agree.

Also surprised about GMAC unless JB told him he really has to go and do his thing if he’s not getting HC here
My impression about Benny is that is another one of SU recruits who wnat to be a small forward not a power forward. JB has determined that he is a 4.

I’m now in la la land Holy moley I’m not sure what to think or feel but change was needed and let’s move forward

Obviously the 2003 team was honored the other day. But there’s more to it on why both Gmac AND Hak had their jerseys retired the last home this year. Boeheim wanted those jerseys and players honored while he was still coach. We saw Boeheim coach his last game at the dome

Obviously the 2003 team was honored the other day. But there’s more to it on why both Gmac AND Hak had their jerseys retired the last home this year. Boeheim wanted those jerseys and players honored while he was still coach. We saw Boeheim coach his last game at the dome
If so, it is definitely a bittersweet feeling. We all know change is necessary, but there is certainly a feeling of sadness.

The decision to retire the jerseys was made before the decision was made about JB.

The decision to retire the jerseys was made before the decision was made about JB.
So there was a decision made about JB.
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Both 4 year starters. GMac better early on, Autry better by senior year.

GMac would’ve been better if he played the 2….next to a PG like Autry, lol.
Good to know. Don’t doubt it and a history lesson is definitely in order for those of us born after his playing days.

Remember seeing clips surface of his tourney performance against Mizzou when the team account does the “this day in Cuse history” tweets during March Madness and was amazed I didn’t come across it sooner.

Well, duh.

The ceremony for Hak & Gerry was announced back in Nov.

We didn’t know (for sure) how truly mediocre this season was going to be at that point.
Yet.

It took the season playing out how it has, to make it abundantly clear to all with eyes that this needed to be the finale for J-Bone.

I have no dog in this fight. Neither one has been a head coach, so you're taking a chance either way. If we're definitely staying in-house, I'll take the guy with a decade more coaching experience than the other, as well as time spent seeing how a different program/system is run.

Red.
This is so straight forward and obvious. Well stated. I don’t know why some can’t see this.

So there was a decision made about JB.
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

I should have put in parenthesis if in fact the decision was made. But that wasn’t the intent of my post. Just timing.

This is so sad that people don't remember how big of a star Autry was... in his senior year, Autry was the teams best player. No offense to GMAC but Autry (in my opinion) was the much better player.
Autry has one of the best NCAA tournament games in SU history, and I agree he was better than Gerry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom