What I'm hearing | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

What I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hop should be the break glass in case of emergency and the national search isn’t fruitful candidate.

Jason Hart is much more appealing if he would be interested. He links to the past while not be attached to the status quo.

Hop has shown at Washington he is going to go zone an overwhelming majority of the time.
He would be a safer choice than a current assistant but i really hope Wildhack understands the situation.

The more I watch the Coach K never ending farewell journey the more I know that JB would never want this. He will make an announcement, and then maybe later on he will let us celebrate his years at SU, but in a way that will be for us and he will not want the huge public national attention.

Hop should be the break glass in case of emergency and the national search isn’t fruitful candidate.

Jason Hart is much more appealing if he would be interested. He links to the past while not be attached to the status quo.

Hop has shown at Washington he is going to go zone an overwhelming majority of the time.
He would be a safer choice than a current assistant but i really hope Wildhack understands the situation.

We generally agree, I think, that Hop’s strength is recruiting. I wonder if he would abandon the zone if he felt it had a negative impact on recruiting?

The more I watch the Coach K never ending farewell journey the more I know that JB would never want this. He will make an announcement, and then maybe later on he will let us celebrate his years at SU, but in a way that will be for us and he will not want the huge public national attention.
yep. No doubt

I used to think this, but after the past couple of years I’m not so sure anymore.

We generally agree, I think, that Hop’s strength is recruiting. I wonder if he would abandon the zone if he felt it had a negative impact on recruiting?

Just add a press and fall back into the zone.
Then have a 1-3-1 in your back pocket when opponents start attacking the foul line.
UNLV, Louisville and others have had great success with this approach, granted years ago, but you pick up a team full court, force turnovers and run.

I’ll just say it’s my read of new information gathered over the past few weeks. I could be completely wrong…but I don’t think that I am.
If Dave Matthews plays a concert at the introductory press conference, does that seal it for Hop?

IDK. If he let it be known that any gifts should be donations to his foundation, then maybe.

What are you basing your first statement off of?
Re-upping Babers after a 10 win season was the right decision at the time and most ADs would have done the same. Much like if and when a HoF coach with 45+ years of success retires he has some say in the replacement.

There’s a lot of wishful thinking and hindsight in fanville

Re-upping Babers after a 10 win season was the right decision at the time and most ADs would have done the same. Much like if and when a HoF coach with 45+ years of success retires he has some say in the replacement.

There’s a lot of wishful thinking and hindsight in fanville
I'm simply saying there are no actual results yet which show if the recent moves in those sports were the right moves or not. I would think even you could understand that.

Exactly right...JW saw the football offense was "dead in the water" and brought in Anae and Beck(lucky break). This also helps with offensive skill position recruiting. Would Dino have made these changes on his own? Doubtful. The lacrosse program was stagnant and the recruiting 2nd rate. Gait and Petro can recruit and restore. Women's BB had a coach who clearly mistreated female athletes and brought in a proven female coach. MUCH NEEDED.

He went out and got Anea and Beck to bolster football. Made GG the men's coach and got Petro too. Jack for the women's basketball is great.
JW made Chicken Salad out of CSh in football as he was stuck because of the buyout. Lacrosse is beyond anything anyone could ever expect a complete Grandslam and a great bball hire.

Exactly right...JW saw the football offense was "dead in the water" and brought in Anae and Beck(lucky break). This also helps with offensive skill position recruiting. Would Dino have made these changes on his own? Doubtful. The lacrosse program was stagnant and the recruiting 2nd rate. Gait and Petro can recruit and restore. Women's BB had a coach who clearly mistreated female athletes and brought in a proven female coach. MUCH NEEDED.

Athletic Directors hire assistant coaches now?

Wildhack made funds available to upgrade the coaching staff.

Dino convinced Beck and Anae to come here.

JW made Chicken Salad out of CSh in football as he was stuck because of the buyout. Lacrosse is beyond anything anyone could ever expect a complete Grandslam and a great bball hire.
Exactly. Whomever his choice for MHBBC, people need to support him 100%.

I'm not saying ADs pick the ass't coaches. I AM saying JW may have "strongly directed" Dino
that changes needed to be made. Mendenhall left UVa and Anae and Beck became available.
Incidentally, why did Mendenhall walk away from UVa.? Because the AD told him to fire his DC and Bronco wouldn't do it leading to his resignation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom