What I'm hearing | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

What I'm hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that towards the end of the season ADs get real nervous as coaching vacancies start opening up.
Gotta extend the years but more importantly increase the buyout amount

Yeah, but what if he sneaks into the NCAA tournament this year and wins a couple games?
well good for him but won't convince me, personally...would have to see more sustained success than that to Hop back on the Hop wagon

well good for him but won't convince me, personally...would have to see more sustained success than that to Hop back on the Hop wagon
Went right over your head. I was afraid I was being too subtle.

No one is going to be named Coach in waiting or JBs successor until Hop is ruled out.

And doing that now after how it ended with Hop is too much of a PR challenge. JW doesn’t want his hands tied. Red will likely be the guy if it isn’t Hop.

I’d place the odds 75/20/5. Red/Hop/the field.
Going to update this:
Odds of the next non-interim Head Coach.
45/45/10. Red/Hop/the field.

I will certainly support and root for whoever becomes our next head coach but I would REALLY like us to reach outside the "family" this go around. Keeping it to former players limits the hell out of us and we really can't afford to swing and miss with our next coach.

I will certainly support and root for whoever becomes our next head coach but I would REALLY like us to reach outside the "family" this go around. Keeping it to former players limits the hell out of us and we really can't afford to swing and miss with our next coach.
Maybe FLJ was a no-brainer on the women's side but it might give a glimpse on what ADJW will do on the men's side.

Maybe FLJ was a no-brainer on the women's side but it might give a glimpse on what ADJW will do on the men's side.
Then again, maybe it doesn't.

I wouldn't hand you a based upon what happened there. I think a lot will depend on how next you're unfolds for JB.

Going to update this:
I know you can’t share much. Just curious if this is from things you have heard or your opinion after the FLJ hiring and how that process went down.

Going to update this:

This is interesting. It means Red has done something to fall significantly out of favor. You could say his percentage went down only because Hop has become more likely, but that isn’t the case since the field also increased in percentage. Wonder what Red did to take a 30% haircut on his chances of getting the job?

Wallace Shawn All Ears GIF by Clueless

I know you can’t share much. Just curious if this is from things you have heard or your opinion after the FLJ hiring and how that process went down.
I’ll just say it’s my read of new information gathered over the past few weeks. I could be completely wrong…but I don’t think that I am.

This is interesting. It means Red has done something to fall significantly out of favor. You could say his percentage went down only because Hop has become more likely, but that isn’t the case since the field also increased in percentage. Wonder what Red did to take a 30% haircut on his chances of getting the job?
I think it’s not that Red did something but JW realizing a bigger coaching staff change will need to be made when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom