What was the most | Syracusefan.com

What was the most

GooseMutt

All Conference
Memorable/ funny/ entertaining post you have read on this forum over the years?
I have not been here as long as many of you folks and I’m curious as to what I may have missed.
Many smart and witty people here. Thanks!

There was a dude who I believe went to a fortune teller, although I could be off on the paranormal type he visited / used. Maybe it was a love potion...

And the Chris Ashe thread.
I miss Chris Ashe.

I can't recall if it was on this Board or its prior iteration, but CaliCuse wrote a long, meandering, stream-of-consciousness post (basically his regular posting style), where he discussed going down to Armory Square to get beads so he could do leather work (or something like that). I believe the post was made in a recruiting forum, of all places.

Honorable mentions:

1. The poster who inserted the Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" Chat Roulette video into one of those incredibly misguided football walkout/hype music threads that come up all too often.

2. ebucklewis epic churlish takedown of rrlbees on page 374 of the H0T Takes thread from the utopia/cesspool forum.

3. Also, almost anything written by Saint Tristy.

4. The Go Big Blue! banner tale (I am not insinuating it was untruthful).

Last edited:
a handful of nominees:
  • legal advice on suing a witch for a faiked love potion
  • "i have a danny schayes autograph"
  • shaky potatoes
  • kenny's 2 pennies
  • mantonio

I would add the Lucious Pusey football recruiting thread but all of those come to mind for me also except for Kenny 2 Pennies. That one doesn't ring a bell.

I think the best threads we ever had were the music ones. So much good music in those. So many hours of time spent adding to those...

-“I have a bad feeling and I’m never wrong”
-The poster (who I think still posts on here) that became a Duke fan because of his gf
-I can’t remember the exact line but someone had a classic post the morning of the elite 8 game against Marquette in 2013. Anyone remember it?

When I called out Brandon Reese when he was trying to dunk and then I met up with him and stomped him giving him a 10 point lead.

and that other fool Nerlo Rangel. He was after me.
Cusehulk is my cousin so he knows what’s up!

There was a dude who I believe went to a fortune teller, although I could be off on the paranormal type he visited / used. Maybe it was a love potion...

Ha ha ha ha!!!! This thread you're referring to is the ALL TIME, hands down, most bizarre / funniest I've ever seen. Here's what happened...
  • A poster [don't know who at this point -- occurred on a much earlier iteration of the board] legitimately came to the board asking for free legal advice, to help recoup money due to false advertising. This was in the 96 or 97 timeframe -- somewhere around then
  • The situation was -- and I am not joking at all -- that he'd paid an ostensible witch a sum of a few hundred dollars for a love potion, which he then administered to some woman he was infatuated with who wasn't into him, hoping to get her to fall in love
  • The potion didn't work, and he wanted to understand his legal options for getting back the $500 [or whatever it was] he'd paid the "witch"

This was posted on the forum as a legitimate question, hoping that some of the board lawyers would give him advice. Instead, everybody went crazy on the poster making fun of the situation, how stupid he was, etc. and the guy disappeared in shame forever.

It's possible that the poster changed his handle and is still out there, but omigod it was amazing!!!

I'm not sure that any thread will ever top the absurdity of that one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom