What will it take to beat Clemson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What will it take to beat Clemson?

This has to come down to pride and effort.

That means rebounding and taking care of the ball. We’re better at forcing turnovers than Clemson but we cannot let them outrebound us by double digits.

Clemson will play quite a bit of zone because they couldn’t guard our guards in the first game. Joe will struggle guarding JJ or Mintz. If we play man, Cuffe will play more. He didn’t play much last night because we played zone. If we rebound and make shots we have a chance. Clemson has several tall, long athletes that they play on the wing besides Joe. Brownell plays a lot of people. He will take PJ Hall out several times a game. That really helps us. We have to play every possession and stay focused and composed. Don’t leave Joe to help and stay on your feet. It feel good to play in a meaningful, end of season game.

Have to keep it close on the glass. I like our chances. We are hot and ruining Joes senior night is something I can see our guys getting pumped about.
Why? Do they hate him?

Judah getting to the line, Quadir getting assists, Bell hitting shots.

Reactions: 007
I see that ESPN has Clemson with an 88% chance (!) of winning at home.

I guess they're already calculating the impact of Carolina referees on the final result.
Or, they're already calculating the impact of SU playing the 29th-ranked team in the country on their home court.
1709507328205.gif

I see that ESPN has Clemson with an 88% chance (!) of winning at home.

I guess they're already calculating the impact of Carolina referees on the final result.

Does Clemson already make the tournament with a loss? Which I am not sure of but if they do I would imagine the "ACC" would want Syracuse to win to get another team in the tournament.

Does Clemson already make the tournament with a loss? Which I am not sure of but if they do I would imagine the "ACC" would want Syracuse to win to get another team in the tournament.
They're in.

They are 25 in the NET. A loss to SU would still leave them at 5-4 in Q1 and 10-7 in Q1/Q2. A loss to SU would make them 5-3 in Q3 - not great but not horrible either. And as jncuse said in another thread, the committee seems to focus on good wins vs. bad losses.

Yeah I’d say they are a lock

Schieffelin killed us last game. Didnt miss a shot and grabbed 6 boards. Cant happen
He did well on offense but Syracuse embarrassed him repeatedly when he tried to play defense. He is a liability there we need to take advantage of. Same with JG3.

I think the key to the game is getting Hall in foul trouble. We got 2 early ones on him and with him out, we were able to get into the paint and core fairly easily.

When he is in, it is hard to get to the basket. He is quick and a fine shot blocker.

I am sure we will put Judah on Joe. He did a fairly good job with him last game except the last 5 minutes or so, when Joe embarrassed Judah and made a number of big baskets. Judah has to play his best defense on Joe all game long.

It’ll come down to our ability to score. Clemson is a good defensive team and they’ll get away with a little more physicality at home.

We have to make shots. I really think the key player is Bell. If he can get hot, we have a chance. I fear this is a game that sets up poorly for us to win because we’ll struggle to score.

Hope I’m wrong.

I feel we always have trouble at Littlejohn. I stopped going because we never won.

It’s simple and surprising it hasn’t been mentioned yet. Foul trouble. If Brown gets in foul trouble we have zero chance. It’s my biggest concern.
It’s been the concern most of the year, at least since we lost Naheem to injury and then losing Benny.Benny wasn’t a center but could fill in if necessary.Amazing Maliq has been so good without getting in foul trouble, but yeah could be a big issue in any game.

It’s simple and surprising it hasn’t been mentioned yet. Foul trouble. If Brown gets in foul trouble we have zero chance. It’s my biggest concern.
I've been very impressed with Maliq being able to stay out of foul trouble for the most part considering how active his hands are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom