What's on your pandora? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What's on your pandora?

The_Band_%28album%29_coverart.jpg

4d01a7fd05e02.preview-300.jpg

mississippi_john_hurt_today.jpg

2031892.jpg

Although, I think I get more satisfaction from playing songs from the above albums on my guitars than I do just listening to them.

Last edited:
The_Band_%28album%29_coverart.jpg

4d01a7fd05e02.preview-300.jpg

mississippi_john_hurt_today.jpg

2031892.jpg

Although, I think I get more satisfaction from playing songs from the above albums on my guitars than I do just listening to them.
Throw in some Dylan, and we're on the same page completely. (Maybe a little Wilco too)

here is my most recent:
Alabama Shakes
Blackberry Smoke
Chuck Berry
Johnny Cash
Grateful Dead
Legion of Mary
Little Feat
Rod Stewart

Gave you a like just for the Little Feat call.

Love little feat. Have actually had the band at my house after 1 of their shows at turning stone. Been friends with the person who records all their show for a number of years.

Nice! I am more a fan of the Lowell George time - from the first time I heard Dixie Chicken.

Nice! I am more a fan of the Lowell George time - from the first time I heard Dixie Chicken.
Me too but I'll take what I can get. Have some killer stuff from the Lowell era on CD that just isn't available anywhere...

Pandora? Spotify? I have a Martin D-18 and a PRS Standard 22/Blues Jr./ BD-2 distortion pedal. Don't just sit on your asses and listen, learn how to play!

D-18_x.jpg

prs4.jpg

I still burn my own CD's from my own library: Stones, Beatles, Paul Simon, CSNY, James Taylor, JJ Cale, Clapton, BB King, Mark Knopfler, Colin James, Keb' Mo', George Thorogood, Neil Young, Dylan, CCR, Blue Rodeo ...

Saw these guys live last week:

I always knew you were a PRS guy..

Me too but I'll take what I can get. Have some killer stuff from the Lowell era on CD that just isn't available anywhere...

Saw them at the Calgary Blues Festival in 2010. They didn't get old, instead they got better. Then, when they were absolutely cooking, they were joined on stage by Coco Montoya, who just walked in during the middle of a song and started playing. Apparently he's done that before with them. Anyway, it was flat out freaking awesome.

Last edited:
Houndmouth are really good. They get comparisons to The Band a lot. Great harmonies and hooks. They have two albums out and get my highest recommendation.

Royal Blood are pretty cool too. They are just two guys (bass and drums). The bassist plays through an arsenal of pedals, so it sounds like he's playing an electric. They were just on Howard Stern last week. Very heavy but catchy songs.

If you like the Band and Houndmouth, you'd probably enjoy The Jayhawks.

My list looks like this:
Grateful dead
Eminem
Talking Heads
Yonder Mountain String Band
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Barenaked Ladies
And some assorted Accapela to top it off.

I'll listen to just about anything if it tells a good story.

You guys like Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt/early Wilco? I'm a big fan of "alternative country".

I like some of that stuff...especially early Son Volt. Ryan Adams and Whiskeytown too. Ryan Adams has a lot of great albums: Heartbreaker, Gold, Demolition, Love Is Hell, Cold Roses. I'm not a huge fan of his output after Jacksonville City Nights.

My list looks like this:
Grateful dead
Eminem
Talking Heads
Yonder Mountain String Band
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Barenaked Ladies
And some assorted Accapela to top it off.

I'll listen to just about anything if it tells a good story.

Then you should check out Houndmouth. All of their songs are stories...usually about messed up characters in trouble. They have two albums out and both are excellent.

I like some of that stuff...especially early Son Volt. Ryan Adams and Whiskeytown too. Ryan Adams has a lot of great albums: Heartbreaker, Gold, Demolition, Love Is Hell, Cold Roses. I'm not a huge fan of his output after Jacksonville City Nights.
The first Son Volt album is great. So is Cold Roses.

iommi said:
Then you should check out Houndmouth. All of their songs are stories...usually about messed up characters in trouble. They have two albums out and both are excellent.
I'll give them a listen tonight. What kind of music are they?

I'm a spotify guy. Haven't seen these groups mentioned before, but they are worth a listen if you are looking for something different:

Drive-by Truckers (southern/country rock)
White Lies (English band with a great ssound. Big TV is a great album start to finish)
Bon Iver
Naked and Famous (Passive Me, Aggressive You album)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom