What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brissett would decide in the next couple months to leave, what should the back up plan be? Is there a top 50, top 100 player out there waiting on Brissett to decide? I can see where this is going if Brissett were to leave.

Bazley is an offense first player
Carey is an offense first player
Hughes is an offense first player
Buddy is an offense first player

Hughes is a 6'6 guard and shot 27% from 3 at EC, he's literally the perfect example of a JB zone guy. We'll see about the others.

If Brissett would decide in the next couple months to leave, what should the back up plan be? Is there a top 50, top 100 player out there waiting on Brissett to decide? I can see where this is going if Brissett were to leave.

The meltdown would be epic

Hughes is a 6'6 guard and shot 27% from 3 at EC, he's literally the perfect example of a JB zone guy. We'll see about the others.

You’d be wrong.

Bazley is an offense first player
Carey is an offense first player
Hughes is an offense first player
Buddy is an offense first player
None of them have proven that at the college level yet.
I don’t think Hughes was an offensive player at ECU.

Bazley is an all round stud.
Carey we have no clue.

Buddy won’t be a player next year. He is a program guy which is good.

Yes many players were projected higher than ours and stayed.

Your first comment was cute though, your second just shows that you really don't have a clue and almost not worth a response.
I think you’re enjoying your reputation on our little board. Otherwise you wouldn’t make stuff up to get a reaction.

69 % from the line. Roberson was 29% as a freshman - 49% for his career.

He’s knocked down mid range jumpers in games against good teams.

He’s taken the ball off the dribble from the 3 point line to the hole for a big bucket late in an overtime game.

He’s shown potential to have much more of an offensive game beyond finishing dunks and putbacks - which is all Roberson could ever do on that end.
Roberson knocked down a few mid ranged shots too.

None of them have proven that at the college level yet.
I don’t think Hughes was an offensive player at ECU.

Bazley is an all round stud.
Carey we have no clue.

Buddy won’t be a player next year. He is a program guy which is good.

You said we don’t recruit offensive players, we recruit for the zone. Since you say we can’t call these guys offensive players, then you must believe they were recruited for the zone.

I’d like to know your definition of offensive players in HS.

The only skill I've seen Marek display is passing. Everything else is just "will" or "effort" stuff.
Will, effort, and understanding the game are skills. Skills this program traditionally lacks.

You’d be wrong.

Sure, if we are going by whispers and scrimmages and not actual D1 basketball games in which there are 500+ minutes of actual statistics which show that he is a very long guard and shot 34% from the field and 27% from 3 while playing in the AAC. Also avg'd 2.5 assits per 40 mins. If he is an offense 1st guy than I am terrified.

He cites stats and is wrong.
You cite nothing and claim to be right.
Hughes is a complete question mark he isn’t a known offensive guy.

Old stats. And I cite my eyeballs.

You said we don’t recruit offensive players, we recruit for the zone. Since you say we can’t call these guys offensive players, then you must believe they were recruited for the zone.

I’d like to know your definition of offensive players in HS.
Bazley is a fit for the zone.
Carey has the size for the zone.

Buddy was recruited because his dad wants to coach him which is fine.

We recruited Hughes for the size he is 6’6”.

These guys were recruited for the zone.

We are last in the conference in three point shooting at 32%. That needs to change if we are going to be good. At the same time our defense can’t get worse.

Sure, if we are going by whispers and scrimmages and not actual D1 basketball games in which there are 500+ minutes of actual statistics which show that he is a very long guard and shot 34% from the field and 27% from 3 while playing in the AAC. Also avg'd 2.5 assits per 40 mins. If he is an offense 1st guy than I am terrified.

Be terrified.

Roberson knocked down a few mid ranged shots too.

If you want to focus on that and pretend they showed the same level of shooting ability as freshmen, go for it. I’m not playing along though.

A 40% difference from the FT line shows it’s not even close.

Old stats. And I cite my eyeballs.
Eyeballs?
Practice? Lol we don’t have 10 scholarship guys to scrimmage.
What the hell is Hughes doing in practice. You think the starters are wasting energy on him?

Hughes is a Show Me guy. He isn’t guaranteed offense first guy next year.

Bazley is a fit for the zone.
Carey has the size for the zone.

Buddy was recruited because his dad wants to coach him which is fine.

We recruited Hughes for the size he is 6’6”.

These guys were recruited for the zone.

So to be considered an offensive player you need to be short for your position.

Each of these guys are offensive oriented players. Hopefully they pick up the zone.

Eyeballs?
Practice? Lol we don’t have 10 scholarship guys to scrimmage.
What the hell is Hughes doing in practice. You think the starters are wasting energy on him?

Hughes is a Show Me guy. He isn’t guaranteed offense first guy next year.

If he was on the team this year he’d be our best 3 point shooter. And yes I know games are different.

Who left before they were ready? 6 straight first round picks means each was ready.

Getting drafted doesn't mean that your game is ready. It means a GM took a flyer on you. If you cannot land a second contract which proves your staying power, it means you were not ready.

Each of these guys are offensive oriented players. Hopefully they pick up the zone.

You need to probably be actually good at offensive things like shooting and passing. We have a severe lack of those things and Hughes D1 history shows that he probably isn't going to be particularly great at those 2 things.

An offensive guy has to be a guy we are recruiting without worrying if they fit the zone.

Right now that is Bazley and Boeheim.
The bonus for JB is that Bazley fits it. Buddy was for his dad.

We don’t recruit guys like Jalen Brunson because of the zone.
Guys who can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.