What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be fine bringing in a grad transfer forward or two to take up Marek and Moyer’s minutes if they dont improve significantly. You could afford to only guard marek within 12 ft of the basket.

So, you're pointing to a total of 10 minutes of man to man in the last 20 years? We played 99.999% zone. Happy? Point still remains.

Lol. So JB is doing a great job with the program?

Are bubble seasons all I should expect going forward?

So, you're pointing to a total of 10 minutes of man to man in the last 20 years? We played 99.999% zone. Happy? Point still remains.

We switched to man more than that. Some seasons we would play more man than others, but it was still an option. We would go to it in 2000 a decent amount. We went to it in 2003 in more than just the Pitt game. ND game too. Those stand out because they were two of our bigger games but there were others. We would switch to it at times when we had Flynn and Harris.

I’d say 90% starting in ‘96. 100% starting in 2010.

Well, I don't really care buddy. You spew the same erroneous crap over and over. I'll call you out when you're dead wrong, as is this case. You can't refute what I posted.
Think whatever you aren’t worth it as it goes nowhere. Go Orange.

Right. Like Gmac, Flynn, Quade Green, Alterique Gilbert, Scoop Jardine...

Guys like Eric Devendorf, Tyler Ennis, and Kaleb Joseph are al 6-3 or under. Not especially for a guard.

You either don't pay close attention to Syracuse basketball or you're a dishonest debate participant.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and go with the latter, since I assume you watch games and are aware -- as I stated like two posts ago -- that Devendorf, Flynn, and McNamara were recruited at a time when Boeheim hadn't yet honed his sights on bigger guards.

And Scoop and Ennis are both bigger guards. There's no way Ennis could have attracted any NBA attention with that skillset if he didn't have that attribute. Joseph's size was borderline, but he's not of Flynn or McNamara's stature.

Preparing for kids to leave early.

We clearly didn’t do a good job vetting Dianne? Who’s fault is that?

We didn’t offer Huerter because we already offered Battle and though Mali would still be here. We got White instead.

We are gambling now that one of Battle and Brissett will be back. I’m not confident they will be. We should have offered Montgomery when he was interested.

Throwing 3 non shooters on the court in 2018 college basketball is not a winning formula.

How do you prepare for kids to leave early exactly?

How were we supposed to vet Diagne? Now that's JB's fault too?

We didn't have a spot for Heurter.

How are we gambling? I don't get that. And is there any proof Montgomery was interested?

What shooters were we supposed to throw out there this season?

Think whatever you aren’t worth it as it goes nowhere. Go Orange.

Again, you posted we don't recruit offensive players, yet I listed 1o offensive players we recruited that went elsewhere. We both know why you didn't respond.

How do you prepare for kids to leave early exactly?

How were we supposed to vet Diagne? Now that's JB's fault too?

We didn't have a spot for Heurter.

How are we gambling? I don't get that. And is there any proof Montgomery was interested?

What shooters were we supposed to throw out there this season?

Huerter wasn’t offered because we preferred Battle and thought Mali would be here for year two.

I hold coaches accountable for offering guys who don’t qualify.

We didn’t even call Montgomery after the report came out because I was told we didn’t want to recruit over anyone on our current roster.

Maybe sign some players who can shoot which we seem to never have outside of 2016 and 2017.

Yeah, I don't presume to know a ton about our recruits, but you're trustworthy on this stuff so we can agree to that.

I’m sure there’s many who know more about Carey than me, so I’m just going on what I’ve read from those that have watched him play and from the highlights I have seen.

You never truly know until they actually produce in college, but he’s coming in with a rep as a scoring guard.

Nova recruits great players, obviously. They have 2 McDonald's AA's in their starting lineup right now, and their class for next year is loaded with Quinerly, Swider and Top 50 kid Brandon Slater.

What a senior class that'll be in 4 years for 'Nova! ;)

Preparing for kids to leave early.

We clearly didn’t do a good job vetting Dianne? Who’s fault is that?

We didn’t offer Huerter because we already offered Battle and though Mali would still be here. We got White instead.

We are gambling now that one of Battle and Brissett will be back. I’m not confident they will be. We should have offered Montgomery when he was interested.

Throwing 3 non shooters on the court in 2018 college basketball is not a winning formula.
^^This!

And Scoop and Ennis are both bigger guards. There's no way Ennis could have attracted any NBA attention with that skillset if he didn't have that attribute. Joseph's size was borderline, but he's not of Flynn or McNamara's stature.

Scoop is 6-1 or 6-2. Ennis 6-2. Of course JB recruits tall, rangy players. Who doesn't? But he also recruits really good players. He recruits the same players as Duke, UK, Kansas, and Arizona.

Lol. So JB is doing a great job with the program?

Are bubble seasons all I should expect going forward?

I think he's doing the best he can, with a very limited and young roster. Had Taurean Thompson and Thorpe stuck around, or Lydon, we may have been really good. Had Sidibe not gotten hurt, maybe a tournament team. Sanctions are hard, but just about over. Next year looks promising.

I think he's doing the best he can, with a very limited and young roster. Had Taurean Thompson and Thorpe stuck around, or Lydon, we may have been really good. Had Sidibe not gotten hurt, maybe a tournament team. Sanctions are hard, but just about over. Next year looks promising.

What should I expect if we don't have Battle and Brissett? I expect a top 5 ACC finish and to win 25 games.

What if Louisville had Mitchell?
What if Florida State had Bacon and Issac??

Seriously, why do some posters continue to do the "if we still had (insert guy who left early)" argument. It shows complete ignorance of college basketball in 2018

Yeah, I feel like we’ve just about made it through the storm and are just about ready to come out the other side of it...so it’s weird to me that people are picking this time to freak out. I feel way better about things than I did a year ago.

What if Louisville had Mitchell?
What if Florida State had Bacon and Issac??

Seriously, why do some posters continue to do the "if we still had (insert guy who left early)" argument. It shows complete ignorance of college basketball in 2018

Agreed when it comes to Lydon.

But the string of injuries is about as bad as it can get, and the Thompson thing was just bizarre. Those things aren’t the norm for us or anyone else.

Yeah, I feel like we’ve just about made it threw the storm and are just about ready to come out the other side of it...so it’s weird to me that people are picking this time to freak out. I feel way better about things than I did a year ago.

I’m concerned people are going to leave and we don’t have the replacements. If that happens I think we are back in the same spot again.

Status
Not open for further replies.