What's with Md's playing time? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's with Md's playing time?

We made it to game 2 before people started saying the coach is favoring his son! Amazing.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn’t expect him to have been given a quicker hook and fewer minutes based on his play the first two games.

Bottom line is we need to get Frank back because we are going to have a bumpy road if we have to continue to force feed JC and B.B. minutes. I think they will each look a lot better in reserve roles, playing fewer minutes until their play earns them the minutes.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn’t expect him to have been given a quicker hook and fewer minutes based on his play the first two games.

Bottom line is we need to get Frank back because we are going to have a bumpy road if we have to continue to force feed JC and B.B. minutes. I think they will each look a lot better in reserve roles, playing fewer minutes until their play earns them the minutes.

Hook for who though?

If Carey was healthy and playing well, there’d be a point here. Carey is coming off injury and was our worst player tonight. Who else is there?

Marek didn’t exactly take the bull by the horns this summer.
giphy.gif

Hook for who though?

If Carey was healthy and playing well, there’d be a point here. Carey is coming off injury and was our worst player tonight. Who else is there?

We won’t have an ideal rotation until Frank is back or JC plays a LOT better than he did tonight. But if you are being forced to play a less than ideal rotation anyway I would have liked to see TB, EH, OB, MD and PC.

Really tough right now with Frank injured and JC being a couple weeks behind the curve.

Good news is that TB started to find his swagger in the second half tonight.

Last edited:
We won’t have an ideal rotation until Frank is back or JC plays a LOT better than he did tonight. But if you are being forced to play a less than ideal rotation anyway I would have liked to see TB, EH, OB, MD and PC.

Really though right now with Frank injured and JC being a couple weeks behind the curve.

I don’t think Hughes is going to ever play guard here. He’s got a weak handle.

Really though right now with Frank injured and JC being a couple weeks behind the curve.

That would put our 5 best players on the court. But Hughes has seemingly only been practicing with the forwards. He looked awful at the top of the zone when he played guard for a couple minutes in one of the exhibition games. He ran into the paint on long shots and rebounds went right to where he should’ve been twice. Not to mention he was actually really in rhythm tonight offensively. Moving him to a different role on offense probably wouldn’t be a good idea. He’s not really a guy you want handling the ball out front against little water bug guards from what I’ve seen. Looks like a pure 3 man to me.

Much better to give BB and JC minutes. It will benefit us in the long run. Frank will be back soon enough.

Much better to give BB and JC minutes. It will benefit us in the long run. Frank will be back soon enough.

Right. He’s trying to keep as many guys in their normal roles as possible IMO. Battle is the only one out of his normal role. He’s also our best and most experience player and the guy who can probably best handle it.

Through two games, Buddy has shown nothing to indicate he deserves to eat into MD’s minutes. Buddy looks overmatched completely.
They don't play the same position. He has only seen these kind of minutes because Howard has been out and Carey hasn't been fully healthy. Buddy will likely see ninth man minutes when this team is at full strength.

Through two games, Buddy has shown nothing to indicate he deserves to eat into MD’s minutes. Buddy looks overmatched completely.

I usually agree with your posts, but this is a bad take.

Are people seriously advocating for our forwards to play guard?

And I disagree he looks overmatched. Missing shots sure, but he did a better job than Carey getting the ball over halfcourt.

If we are going to go all in on trashing Buddy two games in this board has seriously lost any ability to have nuanced takes.

Last edited:

You guys who keep saying this...have you watched the games? Why are we even talking about Buddy vs. Marek? They have had zero effect on each other’s minutes.

Boeheim has never once played Marek at guard. And Buddy has never once played forward. We play 2-3 zone. Positions matter in that context.

Buddy isn’t taking Marek’s minutes. Hughes and Brissett are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom