When Coach gets introduced today… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

When Coach gets introduced today…

It’s not because it’s senior day but also celebrating the 2003 team and retiring 2 jerseys.
Well then why are we celebrating the 2003 team the same day as the seniors. Wouldn’t that overshadow senior day?

There is no arguing here. My point is the last home game is always senior day. Any type of celebration will always overshadow the seniors. This 2003 celebration and jersey retirements are whole heck of a lot more important than senior day. They are already being overshadowed.

Well then why are we celebrating the 2003 team the same day as the seniors. Wouldn’t that overshadow senior day?

There is no arguing here. My point is the last home game is always senior day. Any type of celebration will always overshadow the seniors. This 2003 celebration and jersey retirements are whole heck of a lot more important than senior day. They are already being overshadowed.

JB retirement would overshadow all of it.

Georgia Tech won so looks like there isn't much to play for today.

I have been one of the most outspoken critics of JB during the most recent stretch, and probably one of the first ones to say something needed to change..

And even I would stand up and cheer. And probably get a bit emotional. Those that are saying they wouldn't are not Syracuse basketball fans, IMO.

There is absolutely no anger at the man at this point. There is frustration that he hasn't seen the writing on the wall and can't walk away, and that doesn't mean I won't post in frustration again if it continues, but he has been Syracuse basketball forever.

I will be excited for the future of Syracuse basketball when he finally departs, but I will also miss him. He's all I've ever known Syracuse basketball to be. And it has been the top passion of my life since childhood.

I have been one of the most outspoken critics of JB during the most recent stretch, and probably one of the first ones to say something needed to change..

And even I would stand up and cheer. And probably get a bit emotional. Those that are saying they wouldn't are not Syracuse basketball fans, IMO.

There is absolutely no anger at the man at this point. There is frustration that he hasn't seen the writing on the wall and can't walk away, and that doesn't mean I won't post in frustration again if it continues, but he has been Syracuse basketball forever.

I will be excited for the future of Syracuse basketball when he finally departs, but I will also miss him. He's all I've ever known Syracuse basketball to be. And it has been the top passion of my life since childhood.
1677973245376.gif

I hear ya but he hasn't announced it. And if rumor is true that he wants to come back, I can't keep enabling him w an ovation. It's how he thinks 95 percent want him to continue. It's like a degen gambler who doesn't know when to step away from the table. Someone needs to pull him away.
someone needs to pull you away. it shouldn't be hard because you're a child

I will be standing and clapping. If it is his last game, I don’t want to miss this moment.

No matter how you feel about him today, respect what he has done for Syracuse Basketball and all the great memories.

I really hope there is a loud and long ovation for him today….just in case.
He ain’t leaving, and will still get a great ovation

So what was the crowd reaction?

I think folks are misconstruing an ovation for his body of work vs an endorsement of his returning.
Should he get a standing O for the former? Absolutely. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an I d io t.
But, as much as I like JB, I wouldn't put it past him to use a huge ovation as evidence that the fanbase wants him back, that all is right for a huge turnaround next season. He WILL use it to make his case for staying. Mark my words. Jmho

“This reflects what our fan base thinks of our program… 24,500 people [in attendance tonight] — and you think people are upset with our program?”

Well, DoctorBombay, it appears that your sentiment was spot on.

It's hard to believe no one from University is stepping in - this is nutz - football program became non existent - it can and is happening to hoops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom