When is Cooney's moment to make a big play? | Syracusefan.com

When is Cooney's moment to make a big play?

Im not espousing crime or violence, but had we lost that after Cooney got robbed of the steal, I would have likely morphed into Michael Douglass in Falling Down.

That dork who made the call was not in position to make that call, and worse it wasn't his line. It was lead's line. He edited himself out of the next round with that blown call.

That dork who made the call was not in position to make that call, and worse it wasn't his line. It was lead's line. He edited himself out of the next round with that blown call.

he should have edited himself out of reffing period. He had ZERO angle on that play. Hethere were literally four arms, four legs and two buts between his line of site, the ball, and the endline. He needs to defer there.

Never even thought of that.. but good point. You think he continues on? Are there really ever repercussions tho for bad calls? Never hear of them.

Amazing! read on that pass at 11 secs remaining. Still can't believe they awarded that to the zags after review but it worked out

I was steaming! That ref guessed at the most critical juncture of the game. It was one of the most unprofessional calls I can remember.

edit: "We don't guess. We just don't freaking guess!" Repeat!

Last edited:
Amazing! read on that pass at 11 secs remaining. Still can't believe they awarded that to the zags after review but it worked out

He said it isn't reviewable since the ball disn't go out of bounds. That being said, why did they stop and look at it all, then? Absolutely horrible call that wasn't even his to make. I hope he gets reamed by his boss.

he should have edited himself out of reffing period. He had ZERO angle on that play. Hethere were literally four arms, four legs and two buts between his line of site, the ball, and the endline. He needs to defer there.

Defer? No, he needs to remember what his primary zone is.

He said it isn't reviewable since the ball disn't go out of bounds. That being said, why did they stop and look at it all, then? Absolutely horrible call that wasn't even his to make. I hope he gets reamed by his boss.

Well, technically, stepping on the line is not the same as the ball going out of bounds. But no matter, he F-ed up on that call and could have blown the game. Cooney should have been shooting at the other end.

They had to makes sure the hundredth place on the stop clock was correct while ignoring the wrong call. F the NCAA.

Was that call made from mid court or did I miss something?

As the play happened in real time, you could see the pass about to happen and it was wide open... may sound like an exaggeration, but Cooney closing that gap and making the play reminded me of "THE BLOCK" in '03 championship game. Great read/reaction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom