When JB decides to retire, who's on the short list? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

When JB decides to retire, who's on the short list?

It's gonna be a short phone call.

He's not coming back.
I disagree. The Pac-12 is a mess and just doesn’t produce many FF teams and hasn’t had a national champion since 1995. To be the best, you have to play the best, and that’s in the ACC. I think Hop will eventually realize this fact and the limitations of the PAC12 and come “home” to Syracuse. Plus, with the way the program is trending, he could be the savior pulling the program out of mediocrity, not the “guy taking over for the legend” (man, I hate that phrase and that idea; it’s BS and isn’t based in reality).

You don’t get to decide who posts what. Put him on ignore.
I don’t tell anyone what to do but if someone is trolling I will say it.
I troll in a joking manner. This poster is trying to troll a la wrestling heel style.

I disagree. The Pac-12 is a mess and just doesn’t produce many FF teams and hasn’t had a national champion since 1995. To be the best, you have to play the best, and that’s in the ACC. I think Hop will eventually realize this fact and come “home” to Syracuse. Plus, with the way the program is trending, he could be the savior pulling the program out of mediocrity, not the “guy taking over for the legend” (man, I hate that phrase and that idea; it’s BS and isn’t based in reality).

1. Hop wasn't too thrilled with the way the fanbase turned on him when he went 4-5.

2. Hop's father is aging. Hop isn't leaving the West Coast anytime soon.

Main reason is how hard his players play for him. You can tell the VT kids love Buzz, and love playing for him. Diving on the ground, tough defense, going after the loose balls... You know, things we rarely see from these recent JB teams. Buzz coaches his kids blue-collar style. And VT is top-15. I think he could do that, and better, at SU, by getting even more talented players to come to Syracuse.
I love Buzz as well. Except for when he’s playing us. He would be a great choice.

1. Hop wasn't too thrilled with the way the fanbase turned on him when he went 4-5.

2. Hop's father is aging. Hop isn't leaving the West Coast anytime soon.
Not true. Another tired trope I constantly see on this board. Just because a few trolls weren’t happy doesn’t mean that a huge majority of the fan base doesn’t love him. The majority of fans knew the situation he found himself in was a lose-lose. Hop knows that and he knows how much he’s beloved here.

As I have said before, JB's earned the right to retire on his terms. But when he does leave, the AD whoever they are then needs to go completely out of house for the next coach. NO former players or coaches. We are amongst the Top 8 most attractive jobs in the country and we need to act like it.

Cheers,
Neil

Yes he has. But his terms should have been to retire two years ago. Instead, he put his own needs (fear of retiring too soon as though that was an issue at his age, coach Buddy) ahead of the program by choosing not to walk away when the time was right.

I troll in a joking manner. This poster is trying to troll a la wrestling heel style.
Your creating this thread is a troll job.

My original statement stands. Nota bene.

This season started out on a bad leg, literally. If Frank was 100% to start the season, we don't lose those games in the Garden and we probably don't lose these other games either. This is still working through and when it does, this team will turn the corner and be a contender. It would be great to start tonite, but it may tale several more weeks.
We played well against Clemson and Notre Dame. We’ve struggled against good defensive teams like Georgia Tech and ODU (who came in as atrocious offensive teams). Once we struggle to score, our defense starts to fail, which is what happened in the 2nd half vs GT and ODU. That’s about mental focus and fortitude. We gotta fight through it and continue to play stellar defense.

Jimmy Boeheim when he graduates in two years is the next coach. Then he brings Buddy on in three years. It's all in the family now so why change (sarcasm intended).

Not true. Another tired trope I constantly see on this board. Just because a few trolls weren’t happy doesn’t mean that a huge majority of the fan base doesn’t love him. The majority of fans knew the situation he found himself in was a lose-lose. Hop knows that and he knows how much he’s beloved here.

Hop's father has dementia. Like I said, Hop's not leaving Washington anytime soon.

Hop's father has dementia. Like I said, Hop's not leaving Washington anytime soon.
Hop is more likely to take the open UCLA job than comeback here post JB.
Good luck to him:

We need to someone from the North East . We need to dominate the NY/NJ/Philly market

Makes no sense to compare JB's current age to Biden's age, which would be 78, if elected in the next cycle.
People think he's too old to coach effectively.

Once we struggle to score, our defense starts to fail, which is what happened in the 2nd half vs GT and ODU. That’s about mental focus and fortitude. We gotta fight through it and continue to play stellar defense.

Which is truly baffling/maddening since we played stellar D last year. We have everyone back that should know this and took the lumps last year. Instead we get "tavern league D", and even worse O. I agree it's all about mental fortitude. We have the talent to field a decent squad...

Replacing JB is going to be difficult especially if we go outside the basketball family. There's a lot of alums on twitter right now coming to his defense. Kris Joseph and Gene Waldron are two that are the most vocal on twitter.

That’s going too far. I’m still betting on one of Hop’s kids.
What about Buddy then? Heck, when he leaves at age 70 he could say he spent his ENTIRE life in Syracuse