Where is Taurean...? | Syracusefan.com

Where is Taurean...?

iommi

Living Legend
Now, for a legit question. Has Taurean Thompson decided to join his teammates? Anyone know? I'm guessing he's going to show up on campus right before classes start?

I don't know for certain but I don't think he's been on campus yet for any of the summer sessions...sure would think he would want to work on his game with the staff and players at a beautiful facility like the melo center but nope...don't like it myself. Probably going to be the same player as last year, great offensive skills with horrendous defense!

I don't know for certain but I don't think he's been on campus yet for any of the summer sessions...sure would think he would want to work on his game with the staff and players at a beautiful facility like the melo center but nope...don't like it myself. Probably going to be the same player as last year, great offensive skills with horrendous defense!

Rak credited a lot of his senior season to his workouts off campus during the off season.

I'd like to see TT on campus honestly but it's not crazy for this to happen.

My opinion is that he is working on his game with a private coach to surprise. Am I the optimist or what?

We could a podcast together: the Optimist and the Skeptic.

Seriously, I'm sure he's working hard. I just wish it were at the Melo Center, where he could be blending in with his teammates while getting guidance from the staff. Chemistry is an underrated factor and we will have Thorpe, Dolezaj and apparently Thompson showing up later than we'd all like. Not ideal. I'm concerned we will take a while to gel and that JB will not put his best lineup on the floor to start the season once again.

If Chukwu or sidibe proves to be a viable center, look for TT to lose minutes as the season goes on. He has very little intention of working on his defense and we have three forwards who have huge huge potential and excellent work ethic

You working out with him?
I always enjoy hearing what people are doing or what they have no interest in doing from total strangers who base everything simply on the fact that they haven't seen them doing anything. And how 3 players who have never scored a point in a college basketball game have "huge potential" and "excellent work ethic." I still think the criticism of TT's defense is completely groundless. He was a freshman forward expected to possibly help as the 3rd string or 4th string center and was suddenly thrust into a starting role at a position he did not know. He did a poor job defensively, no one is disputing that. But where does all this "he isn't interested in getting better at defense" coming from? I've even read that TT is not "athletic"! That must be why at 6'9" he guarded the inbound pass and played the point on the full court press. Because you don't need to be athletic to do that.:bang:
I am not worried about TT one little bit. He and Battle will lead out team in most categories including minutes and points (noticed how I hedged and didn't include rebounding!! Still gotta prove a little bit to me. ;))

Now, for a legit question. Has Taurean Thompson decided to join his teammates? Anyone know? I'm guessing he's going to show up on campus right before classes start?
As a 2nd yr. team member, and someone who might want to get to the league faster, would it not be prudent for any ambitious kid to put as much (summer) time in with your teammates in order to gel and become more proficient with the intricacies of JB's zone...thus helping your team? This is odd behavior, IMHO, and doesn't make clear sense to me. My gut says this is female-related (unsure of specifics)...and I fully expect someone to say "no, you're way off-base"...yet offer no information. But until I learn otherwise, that's my belief. Saw that movie with a roommate in Sadler, eons ago. I concur, Iommi.

and with him pulling this, plus the very late arrivals of Geno/Marek... look for another slow/choppy team start to the season Oh Lord

The kid should be on campus for atleast one of the sessions. No question. It's a long summer. He can sacrifice a few weeks away from home to grind with his teammates. No idea why this kid would have any problem with Boeheim and Syracuse after the freshman season he just had. Most freshman bigs have it rough and Boeheim played him big minutes.

Last edited:
What on Earth would make anyone think TT is a selfish person? Oh, I don't know, his game maybe?! I mean it's not like he had a scowl on his face after any possession that didn't end in him taking a deep 2 from the top of the key...

He might be working his butt off in a gym close to his home. I would prefer he were here with his teammates, but he seems wired differently than most. I have faith that he is working hard toward his NBA dream and he will be a special and more well rounded player this year.

He might be working his butt off in a gym close to his home. I would prefer he were here with his teammates, but he seems wired differently than most. I have faith that he is working hard toward his NBA dream and he will be a special and more well rounded player this year.
lets hope

I have a friend who works for the athletic department (ticket sales) but had access to the Melo center. he told me earlier this summer that TT was there all the time working hard. consider me optimistic there is nothing wrong here. obviously I don't know but if we think about how his recruitment went down its clear this is just a different type of kid. I think he will surprise people this season.

your friend is 100% incorrect, he's off the grid, i think someone posted earlier this year what the single issue is

I think that his mom may have something to do with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom